ADVERTISEMENT

Kroger Exec Admits Price Gouging During Covid Inflation

I've been waiting for a few years now for you to prove me wrong just one time. It hasn't happened. Dude, if you cared to try one can Google where these guys admit, UNDER OATH, that they used inflation as a guise to raise prices. You don't have to take my word for it...LOOK IT UP. Every time you're narrative gets blown up, and it happens a lot, you just ignore and stick to willful ignorance.

Here...watch and learn. I'm not wrong. This guy is UNDER OATH. You can apologize later.

Saw a story this morning with this lady tearing up some republican dumbass...very impressive.

This is really a dumb article along with this entire discussion. There is pretty much zero relationship between the price of eggs and milk at Kroger and the overall rate of inflation. Since when are pricing decisions made based on inflation rates? Sellers price products to maximize profits, irrespective of macroeconomic conditions. If a hike in prices isn't more than offset by a commensurate loss in sales, they will continue to hike prices until it does. Is that gouging or capitalism?

That is not price gouging. Every retailer prices individual items based on market conditions and their overall profit structure. To pull out one or even several items to say they raised prices higher than inflation is absolute nonsense. One could do that every day at any retailer in any economic cycle, this is nothing more that grandstanding to try and make a political point.

When Nike charges $180.00 for a pair of shoes they paid $15.00 to make, is that price gouging? Why haven't they been put before Congress? When Krogers sell eggs below their cost on any given day, what do you call that? Trust me, I was a retail executive for many years and we had products we lost money on and products we used to recoup a profit. The government and this writer has no business trying to make a point when they have no idea what they are talking about.
Costco sells rotisserie chicken for a loss to get people in the door.

I like the sensational article title of jacking up prices. Can they provide figures to verify

What was their margin on eggs pre pandemic and post pandemic? Not retail, as egg prices have been volatile as F. What was their gross margin increase.

Because during pandemic labor costs went up due to worker shortages . So if your labor costs were 11 percent and they went to 12.5, sure they might have had to increase margin on items

But these article provide no numbers to verify. Just a quote that is kind of subjective. But then they get people who know nothing about industry making these assumptions

I can’t believe I beat a certain poster to this, so I’ll post his reply for him in good fun.

No such thing as price gouging/34 trillion

THANKS, Bush and Trump tax cuts!!!

GWEzFgWWEAALaHh

Reactions: TheCainer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT