Kudos to NC town LEO's- Take down armed man with out killing him

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
iu

Sheriff: Man pointed shotgun at drivers, fired at Wake deputy

William Bruce Ray, 62, of 4912 Raytown Road, was charged with two counts of assault on a law enforcement officer with a firearm, according to an arrest warrant. He was being held in the Wake County jail under a $150,000 bond.

A prosecutor said in court Wednesday that the charges will likely be upgraded to attempted murder.

Deputy D.R. Farmer stopped to question Ray in response to reports of a man pointing a shotgun at passing drivers, and Ray became belligerent and pointed the shotgun at Farmer, Sheriff Donnie Harrison said.

"The deputy luckily grabbed the barrel and pushed him back," Harrison said. "The man says, 'I got something for you' and reached in his pocket and came back with a pistol."

As Farmer pushed the .22-caliber handgun aside, the gun went off, the sheriff said.

"Luckily, nobody got hurt. That’s the good thing. God was looking out for us," Harrison said. "(Ray) was very fortunate that he didn’t get shot, very fortunate that anybody didn’t get shot."

Authorities aren't sure why Ray allegedly pointed his shotgun at people, but Harrison said he had been drinking.

"He was very angry about something. We’re trying to piece it together. He’s not being real cooperative with us," he said.

Defense attorney Tommy Manning said he lives next door to Ray and has know him for 26 years. He said Ray suffers from mental illness but poses no flight risk and has the support of his family. A judge denied Manning's request for a lower bond.

Ray also is charged with injury to personal property in connection with damage done to a surveillance camera at the Wake County Sheriff's Office, an arrest warrant states.

"We had him in interrogation room where we talk to people. We try to film it and record everything for investigative purposes. He got angry and snatched the cameras off the wall," Harrison said.

CREDITS

What?? Different people get different results, no way.

1.1 million officers in the USA, with, let's say 5 interactions/stops/arrests/whatever per day, 5.5 million potential interactions per day. It's really hard to believe they dont do everything perfect every time. Crazy huh.

Now add to that drugs, alcohol, and mental disorders and things get even easier.

What?? Different people get different results, no way.

1.1 million officers in the USA, with, let's say 5 interactions/stops/arrests/whatever per day, 5.5 million potential interactions per day. It's really hard to believe they dont do everything perfect every time. Crazy huh.

Now add to that drugs, alcohol, and mental disorders and things get even easier.

/end thread

most folks around here accept reality. police officers may have the most difficult thankless job on planet Earth. they are mostly good people and may God bless them all to do their job with honor and dignity.

Reactions: Hawkman98
Hey, you just pretend this scenerio never ends in a white person being killed or a black person just going to jail.

MjAxMS1kMzUxODJlMDc5ZmY0YWE5.png

I didn't realize we were having serious discussions about these matters any longer.

Some poster on here said being a LEO isn't all that dangerous.

I think it was theiowahawk or something like that

That wasn't exactly what I said, but certainly some people interpreted it that way.

I said we have a disproportionate response to LEO danger than we have to the dangers other occupations face.

Hell, at one point, (I can't remember who, but Northern strikes me as the guy) a poster on here was unequivocal about it: LEO death was more important, necessary to be more celebrated than any other occupation, including firefighters, military members, and even high-level politicians.

/end thread

most folks around here accept reality. police officers may have the most difficult thankless job on planet Earth. they are mostly good people and may God bless them all to do their job with honor and dignity.

Really? The most difficult? The most thankless? On PLANET EARTH?

Are you kidding me? This is precisely the disproportionate response I discussed above.

Last edited:
It was a sincere kudos, right?

I'm sincerely applauding them, I guess Northern is just upset that they took this route instead of another.
Here is the thing. The last few shootings that have caught the headlines have made me stop and think a little differently. In most cases I believe it was not direct racial motive that lead to the killing. It is the training of the officers that I believe causes the very unfortunate loss of life.

Therefore when a leo can bring someone in alive to meet the justice system as intended it is a good thing.

I'm not inferring anything.

If deadly force was used it would have been justified. I'm glad that no persons were hurt.

You and devil can now go on pretending that the original post was something other than what he intended.

Lol. I guess you didn't know what an inference was when you posted:

The inference being that those police officers that would have killed him are somehow not up to your standards.

Here is the thing. The last few shootings that have caught the headlines have made me stop and think a little differently. In most cases I believe it was not direct racial motive that lead to the killing. It is the training of the officers that I believe causes the very unfortunate loss of life.

Therefore when a leo can bring someone in alive to meet the justice system as intended it is a good thing.
The last few shootings? You mean the one where the girl was sitting with her five year old in one hand and a shotgun in the other pointed at the police? That one got you thinking?

The last few shootings? You mean the one where the girl was sitting with her five year old in one hand and a shotgun in the other pointed at the police? That one got you thinking?

Man, how happy were you that one came when it did so that you could lift it up as high as possible and use it as your anecdote to beat all anecdotes.

Please show me something: Show me the thread on that incident where anybody questioned LEO response.

That quote function should make that easy.

The Iowa hawk just continuing his douchey persona.
Would rather argue over semantics rather than substance

Which substance? The one in the OP? That was directly what I discussed.

Good for these officers. Seems that Northern, and you, want to turn the thread in to something else.

But go ahead and blame me, fits with your style.

Edit: on second review of the posts above yours, I guess you are referring to Northern and his complete failure, repeatedly, to figure out what "infer" means. That was funny, now I can't tell whether you are as lost as he is or not.

why display your ignorance in this manner?

go on...
Which substance? The one in the OP? That was directly what I discussed.

Good for these officers. Seems that Northern, and you, want to turn the thread in to something else.

But go ahead and blame me, fits with your style.

Edit: on second review of the posts above yours, I guess you are referring to Northern and his complete failure, repeatedly, to figure out what "infer" means. That was funny, now I can't tell whether you are as lost as he is or not.

Wow. For the sake of yourself, stop now.

I thought after you had a night to sleep on it you would let this thread fade to the bottom, and along with it your embarrassing display.

But instead you're up at it at 6:30AM.

Last edited:
To the OP, are you suggesting that this is what officers should do? This is how situations of this nature should be handled? This isn't some Steven Segal movie where the cop can do the impossible. I believe the cop made a very unnecessary and ruthless decision that placed his life in jeopardy. Though this cop may have decided to take a different path to settling this situation, it certainly cannot be used as an example of how law enforcement should act. I'm not even sure what you are suggesting in your post as it appears you feel that should be the norm for officers.

To the OP, are you suggesting that this is what officers should do? This is how situations of this nature should be handled? This isn't some Steven Segal movie where the cop can do the impossible. I believe the cop made a very unnecessary and ruthless decision that placed his life in jeopardy. Though this cop may have decided to take a different path to settling this situation, it certainly cannot be used as an example of how law enforcement should act. I'm not even sure what you are suggesting in your post as it appears you feel that should be the norm for officers.

I think in that specific situation we know for a fact that is what they "should" have done, that's the great thing about hindsight.

Are you advocating that, knowing the outcome, they should have acted differently?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT