ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to the Hawks and also Fran

I disagree with the idea our defense was bad. Great? No, but people fail to realize two very important parts to the equation: (1) we were selling out to stop Dickinson from going off, which was wise, and (2) Michigan was insanely hot, it happens.

Yep,.. Going into last night Michigan was not considered to be a particularly good 3 point team...

Last edited:
So what?

Talent is what your players can do on the floor not a number on paper from 3 years ago.

Im not putting Fran down im saying the statement that Iowa always has less talent than every p5 team they play against is insane.

That might be true for maybe half the teams they play.
fyi - I Never said that Iowa always has less talent. I would say this year so far against P5 teams its about 50/50

Reactions: RocknRollface
I'm not saying Fran and the whole team don't deserve a lot of credit because they do but is it me or is Kris not getting the same amount of credit that Garza and Keegan got the last few years? What he's done the last few games has been absolutely incredible, kind of seems like he is being taken for granted as far as who people are praising.

It's so nice to have him back and healthy, wisconsin lucked out by not having to play Iowa with him on the floor. It's very nice that we've had several players step up and help win lately but Kris and Fil are the foundation of this team

So what?

Talent is what your players can do on the floor not a number on paper from 3 years ago.

Im not putting Fran down im saying the statement that Iowa always has less talent than every p5 team they play against is insane.

That might be true for maybe half the teams they play.
No one said that but you.

Does Luka develop to be NPOTY at Michigan or Duke? I doubt it. The Murrays didn’t even have options to go to high majors outside of Iowa. Garza and the Murrays worked hard and were developed by Fran. There are no guarantees that the same would happen under different coaches or if they would even have the opportunity to develop to a high level.

I thought Dickinson looked slower than I remembered. He played great as a freshman but I don’t get the impression that he has improved much.

Dickinson has the same problem everybody else eventually does,.. He's now a known entity, so if he doesn't improve, the increased attention he receives from the defense will make it look like he's regressed.

No one said that but you.

Does Luka develop to be NPOTY at Michigan or Duke? I doubt it. The Murrays didn’t even have options to go to high majors outside of Iowa. Garza and the Murrays worked hard and were developed by Fran. There are no guarantees that the same would happen under different coaches or if they would even have the opportunity to develop to a high level.
Did you not read the OP?

"In the games against power 5 teams we almost never have more talent. "

The rest of your post is fine but completely irrelevant to whether the bolded part is true or not.

Im not trying to take credit away from Fran for anything, I just find that statement ridiculous and insulting to Iowas players, over the last 3 years especially.

Do you think Fran would agree with that statement?

I'm not saying Fran and the whole team don't deserve a lot of credit because they do but is it me or is Kris not getting the same amount of credit that Garza and Keegan got the last few years? What he's done the last few games has been absolutely incredible, kind of seems like he is being taken for granted as far as who people are praising.

It's so nice to have him back and healthy, wisconsin lucked out by not having to play Iowa with him on the floor. It's very nice that we've had several players step up and help win lately but Kris and Fil are the foundation of this team
Just an opinion, but I don’t think he’s quite as dominant or LG or his brother, but certainly a likely unanimous all conf guy, some level of AA. Wisconsin, podunk directional Illinois, and Neb (legs weren’t quite back are definitely on the do over list

Lol. Rebraca is #14 in scoring in the B10, #3 center. #5 rebounder , also #3 center.
Yep, and Sandfort would be tough to keep out of the 3 spot if he can continue to make nba level of difficulty catch and shoot 3s coming off screens like he's done the last two games.

Shot making is talent.

Sandfort is extremely talented.

Reactions: doughuddl2
I thought Dickinson looked slower than I remembered. He played great as a freshman but I don’t get the impression that he has improved much.
That's because the offense does not revolve around him now the Howard wants his son in the NBA

Reactions: Mohawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT