ADVERTISEMENT

Ladji Dembele, from Mali in West Africa, is Fluent in 5 Languages

They would need to have 1 first team all American and 1 third team all American to be better than the Murray twins

Hope they prove to be the best
Murrays are hard to beat, but this class has four guys who all could be major contributors and each brings something different to the team. We will have to wait and see whether they can be more than just good players. Hard for me to predict which guy will become the "best" of the group. I like them all.

Murrays are hard to beat, but this class has four guys who all could be major contributors and each brings something different to the team. We will have to wait and see whether they can be more than just good players. Hard for me to predict which guy will become the "best" of the group. I like them all.
TBF, the '20 class also included Tony Perkins who is going to be a 3 year starter at minimum (and hopefully he decides to use his covid year here too). Ulis was pretty mid, but he was a starting PG for a year at least. Ogundele was the only true bust from that 2020 class.

Good thread. Starting lineup not surprising to start the year. That lineup has a lot of offensive firepower, but I would be concerned on the defensive end, especially the interior. Dix and Perkins' size might help with that possible weakness and rebounding.

Reactions: Torg and Mohawkeye
Good thread. Starting lineup not surprising to start the year. That lineup has a lot of offensive firepower, but I would be concerned on the defensive end, especially the interior. Dix and Perkins' size might help with that possible weakness and rebounding.
Agree. I think Perkins and Dix can both be pretty good defenders, but hard to pick anyone out of Krikke, PMac or Sandfort that is any better than an average defender, at best. The interior defense Rebraca gave us last year was pretty amazing for him not being that big or especially quick.

The final test might be how far they get in the tournament 🏟️
We need to give them a couple of years to find out.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
Needs to be more of an inside player. I know he wants to shoot 3's, I know he was sold on Iowa because we would allow him to shoot 3's but we need him down low this season. The 3's will come, go inside.

Owen (a freshman starter, of course) played 22 minutes in tonight's win over Ohio State.

Bench player minutes:
20: Dembele
15: PMac
5: Pryce
5: Dasonte
2: Brock Harding

Ladji's Other Stats:

1-2 FGs
0-0 FTs

2 Points
6 Rebounds (3 Offensive)
1 Block