ADVERTISEMENT

Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30

Larry Bird being that good was just like Tiger Woods when he was in his prime. Can't ignore the race factor. Julius Erving was doing Prime-Jordan things and he wasn't even the best at his owned position.

My biggest complaint was that they spent so little time on the rematch with the late-aughts teams. Those were CLASSIC series'.

Reactions: jasonrann
I lived thru this rivalry back when it Minneapolis vs. Boston. I don't remember too many Lakers, but I o remember Ramsay, Sherman, Cousy, Heiunsohn and Russell, with Sam Jones coming off the bench..and KC Jones playing defense..along with Satch Sanders...Jim Luscotov and later, the hated Clyde Lovelette playing for the Celtics!
And then any self-respecting Celtic fan understands the Celtic/St Louis Hawk rivalry....with the racist Slater Martin playing for the Hawks along with Bob Pettit>

Reactions: jasonrann
Then you had the Pistons beating the flesh off anybody they played. It was a time when undercutting guys was pretty common and I'm still surprised how many stood back up.
Ah, and then there were the Jordan rules.Can you imagine if teams played defense like that against Steph in todays game? Oh the outrage.....:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT