ADVERTISEMENT

Land temps in India reach 143.6 Fahrenheit

True or not, when I think of India I think of a hot smelly over populated mess.

they seem to be an intelligent society likely held back/retarded by their caste system.

nuclear energy seems to be needed world wide but nobody seems to have the willingness. Cars will take care of themselves as EV become better than ICE variety

everything-is-fine-itsfine.gif

Land Surface Temperature​

Land surface temperature (LST) is defined by the International LST and Emissivity Working Group as a measure of how hot or cold the surface of the Earth would feel to the touch.

Thanks
i googles a bit after I posted. Sounds like this is a relatively new measurement? A couple articles I read said these figures might not be Completely accurate and need further investigation. Either way, sounds concerning.

What is land temperature?

Something that rises 2x faster than overall global warming temperatures.
Posted this for you many many times.

A +2°C increase in "global" temperatures is +3.6°F global temperatures.
But land temps go up 2x more, so +2°C global means +4°C land temperature increases.

Which means +7.2°F. And this is simply the "average". The greenhouse gas emissions we are creating will result in higher increases in some places than others. Which can easily mean +10°F increases where someone lives for "just" a +2°C rise overall.

And now, we're looking at temperature increases that could end up higher than +2°C globally, which is why climatologists have been telling you for years now that this can end up becoming a global catastrophe in the long run.

Something that rises 2x faster than overall global warming temperatures.
Posted this for you many many times.

A +2°C increase in "global" temperatures is +3.6°F global temperatures.
But land temps go up 2x more, so +2°C global means +4°C land temperature increases.

Which means +7.2°F. And this is simply the "average". The greenhouse gas emissions we are creating will result in higher increases in some places than others. Which can easily mean +10°F increases where someone lives for "just" a +2°C rise overall.

And now, we're looking at temperature increases that could end up higher than +2°C globally, which is why climatologists have been telling you for years now that this can end up becoming a global catastrophe in the long run.
You are mistaking me for somebody else. You’ve never posted anything for me. I avoid 99% of global warming/climate threads because they devolve into deniers vs alarmists and it’s boring as hell, to be honest.
Was just curious as I’ve never heard land surface temps being cited in this manner.

Oh, and way to help bring someone around to your POV. 🙄

You are mistaking me for somebody else. You’ve never posted anything for me. I avoid 99% of global warming/climate threads because they devolve into deniers vs alarmists and it’s boring as hell, to be honest.
Was just curious as I’ve never heard land surface temps being cited in this manner.

Oh, and way to help bring someone around to your POV. 🙄
"alarmist"? With data like this, I would say they weren't being very "alarmist" at all. But ignoring them certainly works out well for everyone.

"alarmist"? With data like this, I would say they weren't being very "alarmist" at all. But ignoring them certainly works out well for everyone.
Maybe, maybe not.

From the article:

M Mohapatra, director general of IMD, said this data shouldn’t be trusted before conducting ground verification. “Satellite observations are taken from 36,000km away from the surface. They can be misleading if not verified. The record highest land temperature was taken in Rajasthan which was 52.6 degree C. This data can create fear and panic so we should act responsibly.”

“Do you know what 60 degrees C means? The roads and other infrastructure will melt. I have seen roads melting in Rajasthan at 50 degree C. We should be very careful and run ground assessments first,” added another scientist, who declined to be named.

Thanks
i googles a bit after I posted. Sounds like this is a relatively new measurement? A couple articles I read said these figures might not be Completely accurate and need further investigation. Either way, sounds concerning.
I think it is concerning to start measuring a new value and then say drastic changes need to be made based on the new value without knowing if this is normal.

Ultimately, the change needed is to dramatically decrease pollution and stop destruction of nature. Of course this will never happen because our entire economic system is based on growth. And the easiest way to grow is by increasing the population.

Our earth is living and has the ability to heal itself if we stop destroying it. Nature is a delicate balance. Too much of one thing will and not enough of others will lead to destruction.

I think it is concerning to start measuring a new value and then say drastic changes need to be made based on the new value without knowing if this is normal.

Ultimately, the change needed is to dramatically decrease pollution and stop destruction of nature. Of course this will never happen because our entire economic system is based on growth. And the easiest way to grow is by increasing the population.

Our earth is living and has the ability to heal itself if we stop destroying it. Nature is a delicate balance. Too much of one thing will and not enough of others will lead to destruction.
In fairness, I was wrong to characterize it as a new measurement.

Reactions: Hawk_82
True or not, when I think of India I think of a hot smelly over populated mess.

they seem to be an intelligent society likely held back/retarded by their caste system.

nuclear energy seems to be needed world wide but nobody seems to have the willingness. Cars will take care of themselves as EV become better than ICE variety

India not too long ago had a higher % of the worlds economy than the US currently has. It was the largest economy in the world and was thriving.

What happened, you say? British colonialism raped the country and left it a poor second world country.

Reactions: GOHOX69
India not too long ago had a higher % of the worlds economy than the US currently has. It was the largest economy in the world and was thriving.

What happened, you say? British colonialism raped the country and left it a poor second world country.

Sure, blame the white people. That's fashionable now days.

Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
Maybe, maybe not.

From the article:

M Mohapatra, director general of IMD, said this data shouldn’t be trusted before conducting ground verification. “Satellite observations are taken from 36,000km away from the surface. They can be misleading if not verified. The record highest land temperature was taken in Rajasthan which was 52.6 degree C. This data can create fear and panic so we should act responsibly.”

“Do you know what 60 degrees C means? The roads and other infrastructure will melt. I have seen roads melting in Rajasthan at 50 degree C. We should be very careful and run ground assessments first,” added another scientist, who declined to be named.
Of course data should be verified, but the satellite data is considered to be accurate based off past readings. Keep in mind, the satellite was measuring the temperature of the ground, not the air temperature. On the other hand, it's the end of April/early May. We haven't even reached the hot part of the summer for India yet (which from my understanding, is late May and early June).

Of course data should be verified, but the satellite data is considered to be accurate based off past readings. Keep in mind, the satellite was measuring the temperature of the ground, not the air temperature. On the other hand, it's the end of April/early May. We haven't even reached the hot part of the summer for India yet (which from my understanding, is late May and early June).
No idea, I’m not a scientist. Just posted what the Indian scientist said.

Apparently so is crying like a little baby whenever somebody points out that some white people have done some pretty shitty things in history.

India became independent in 1947. When does it stop being England's fault?

Whether you read it or not, it was posted.
Whether you care about it should have nothing to do with me.
I misunderstood, then.

I thought you were saying you posted this specifically for me because you said “Posted this for you many many times.”

Silly me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT