ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance Open

So maybe pump the brakes a bit?

I'm all-in on NB as our 84 but I'll wait to see what things look like next year before getting too high. Mid to low AA initial thoughts. Depends how he adjusts to the weight, not all bump up easily.
he also teched foca. This guy might just be legit.

Reactions: el dub
forrest makes the finals. bassett takes an early 5-0 lead on ashnault - correction 4-2 lead after challenge

warner coming up in the semis

Don’t have a FLO account anymore but I’m guessing he got caught in a leg lace. It can happen to anyone.
That sucks. Same happened to Dennis at the Olympics IIRC, so it can happen to anyone.

It doesn't change my thoughts on NB at 184. 5 of the top 6 place winners return, as well as Foca (who beat NB as 174) and Pinto. Not sure how anyone thinks 184 has cleared out?

Who is Gunderson btw?

That sucks. Same happened to Dennis at the Olympics IIRC, so it can happen to anyone.

It doesn't change my thoughts on NB at 184. 5 of the top 6 place winners return, as well as Foca (who beat NB as 174) and Pinto. Not sure how anyone thinks 184 has cleared out?

Who is Gunderson btw?
Backup at UNI.

Warner couldve got more backs there at the end. just didn't get the correct leverage or power to do it.

It was a real treat to watch Jacob Warner wrestle again.

warner lost 8-7. thought they should have challenged the 2nd to last exchange and he wanted to but they wouldn’t throw the brick…

If by brain you mean Willie, then no, I don't think he said that at all. Willie stays out of the prediction game for the most part. Others have said OSU is a heavy favorite to land Jax and Bo is a lean to PSU, but Willie didn't say those things.
He just said no way either end up at Iowa. What is going on at OSU all of a sudden, getting blue chip recruits and high end portal guys. You talk about a once great program that fell a lot farther than us.

He just said no way either end up at Iowa. What is going on at OSU all of a sudden, getting blue chip recruits and high end portal guys. You talk about a once great program that fell a lot farther than us.
No Way Kid GIF by MOODMAN

they have been one of the best recruiting teams consistently but don’t develop their guys yet somehow it’s iowa that gets this label. kind of head scratching

Bassett just got teched in about 30 seconds by Klodzik. Forrest techs Tomasello in less than a minute. Dude is so skinny but has crazy leverage.

Reactions: TarpHawk
bassett just teched ashnault. he had multiple takedowns and finished it with a trap arm. he reminds me so much of spencer stylistically
To my eyes, his posture, pace and footwork are much more like Kolat's.

Reactions: Goathead88
Ohio State is another team that gets plenty of talent, but worse results than us. But nobody talks shit about tan Tom not being a good coach like they do TnT.
Who’s talking about Ohio State wrestling? Do they even have a board?

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum

Freestyle - 57​

Guaranteed Places​

• 1st Place - Jax Forrest of Bishop McCort High School Wrestling
  • 2nd Place - Nathan Tomasello of TMWC/ OHIO RTC
  • 3rd Place - Joshua Rodriguez of TMWC/ NLWC
  • 4th Place - Anthony Molton of Buies Creek Wrestling Club

1st Place Match​

• Jax Forrest (Bishop McCort High School Wrestling) won by tech fall over Nathan Tomasello (TMWC/ OHIO RTC) (TF 10-0)

3rd Place Match​

• Joshua Rodriguez (TMWC/ NLWC) won by decision over Anthony Molton (Buies Creek Wrestling Club) (Dec 5-2)

Freestyle - 65​

Guaranteed Places​

• 1st Place - Matthew Kolodzik of New York Athletic Club
  • 2nd Place - Bo Bassett of Bishop McCort High School Wrestling
  • 3rd Place - Ian Parker of Cavalier Wrestling Club
  • 4th Place - Aden Valencia of TMWC/ CARTC

1st Place Match​

• Matthew Kolodzik (New York Athletic Club) won by tech fall over Bo Bassett (Bishop McCort High School Wrestling) (TF 10-0)

3rd Place Match​

• Ian Parker (Cavalier Wrestling Club) won by decision over Aden Valencia (TMWC/ CARTC) (Dec 6-2)

Freestyle - 74​

Guaranteed Places​

• 1st Place - Vincenzo Joseph of Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club
  • 2nd Place - Yahya Thomas of TMWC/ NJRTC
  • 3rd Place - Doug Zapf of TMWC/ PENN RTC
  • 4th Place - Elroy Perkin of TMWC/ WEST COAST RTC

1st Place Match​

• Vincenzo Joseph (Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club) won by decision over Yahya Thomas (TMWC/ NJRTC) (Dec 2-0)

3rd Place Match​

• Doug Zapf (TMWC/ PENN RTC) won by decision over Elroy Perkin (TMWC/ WEST COAST RTC) (Dec 15-12)

Freestyle - 86​

Guaranteed Places​

• 1st Place - David McFadden of TMWC/ PENN RTC
  • 2nd Place - Morgan McIntosh of Army (WCAP)
  • 3rd Place - John Gunderson of Panther Wrestling Club RTC
  • 4th Place - Nelson Brands of TMWC/ HWC

1st Place Match​

• David McFadden (TMWC/ PENN RTC) won by tech fall over Morgan McIntosh (Army (WCAP)) (TF 12-2)

3rd Place Match​

• John Gunderson (Panther Wrestling Club RTC) won by decision over Nelson Brands (TMWC/ HWC) (Dec 10-3)

Freestyle - 97​

Guaranteed Places​

• 1st Place - Christian Carroll of TMWC/ Cowboy Wrestling Club
  • 2nd Place - Camden McDanel of Ohio
  • 3rd Place - Jacob Warner of TMWC/ HWC
  • 4th Place - Cole Mirasola of Askren Wrestling Academy

1st Place Match​

• Christian Carroll (TMWC/ Cowboy Wrestling Club) won by tech fall over Camden McDanel (Ohio) (TF 11-0)

3rd Place Match​

• Jacob Warner (TMWC/ HWC) won by tech fall over Cole Mirasola (Askren Wrestling Academy) (TF 12-1)

Freestyle - 125​

Guaranteed Places​

• 1st Place - Jaron Smith of Orange Crush
  • 2nd Place - Jacob Bullock of Indiana RTC
  • 3rd Place - Jordan Wood of NYAC/ LVWC
  • 4th Place - Braden Homsey of Iron Wrestling Club

1st Place Match​

• Jaron Smith (Orange Crush) won by decision over Jacob Bullock (Indiana RTC) (Dec 6-5)

3rd Place Match​

• Jordan Wood (NYAC/ LVWC) won by tech fall over Braden Homsey (Iron Wrestling Club) (TF 11-0)

No I haven’t. Are their fans attitude towards their coach the same as many Iowa fans towards TnT.
Hard to say many, but some have declared it's time to move on from Tom Ryan. Kharchla and others cutting too much weight leading to injuries. Some National Recruiting Champion members not delivering expected results. Calls for Logan Stieber as HC, because he could relate better to recruits. Things like that. They seem parallel.

Tom Ryan purportedly recommends choosing suffering, maybe like he did when he chose to transfer from Syracuse to Iowa. That might not resonate with today's fun loving youth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT