ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron on his future post-Lakers: “My last year will be played with my son. I would do whatever it takes to play with Bronny for one year."

World-class douche. Him and Aaron Rodgers on their own level

Def agree on greaser. His family won't talk to him but lebron wants to play basketball with his. I don't think they are even close to the same but lebron has certainly fired off enough ammo for a guy to feel that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: pink shizzle
That's one way to get Bronny to the NBA. Unfortunately LeBron has to make it all about him again - can't even let his kid have the moment.

LeBron can't even give someone else a compliment without making it about himself.

Not understanding the outrage here. And no, I’m not a LeBron fan. He’s a great player, but I couldn’t care less. Just wondering why all the hate.

Reactions: WDSMHAWK
Gotta feel for Bronny. He may be a fine player in his own right, but he’s gonna have heaps of pressure on him to be the second coming of his dad and I don’t think he’s going to be half as good.

I still think the Griffeys remain the gold standard for father-son duos in the Big Four. First time a father and son were teammates (rather than pops being a coach and son being a player) and it doesn’t get much cooler than those back-to-back home runs in 1990. And both are generally pretty likable guys, though the lack of Twitter in the early 90s probably had a lot to do with that.

Gotta feel for Bronny. He may be a fine player in his own right, but he’s gonna have heaps of pressure on him to be the second coming of his dad and I don’t think he’s going to be half as good.

I still think the Griffeys remain the gold standard for father-son duos in the Big Four. First time a father and son were teammates (rather than pops being a coach and son being a player) and it doesn’t get much cooler than those back-to-back home runs in 1990. And both are generally pretty likable guys, though the lack of Twitter in the early 90s probably had a lot to do with that.
Bronny is 6’3” and a second round talent. I don’t think people are expecting much of him. It’ll be interesting to see how high some team takes him to get his dad for a year.

Last edited:
Briny is 6’3” and a second round talent. I don’t think people are expecting much of him. It’ll be interesting to see how high some team takes him to get his dad for a year.
Even if Lebron is 40, you could make the argument that drafting Bronny #1 overall to get Lebron and his farewell tour would be worth it. I would actually be somewhat surprised if he wasn’t #1 overall actually.

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
Bronny is ranked in the '40s for 2023 recruits. He has a couple of years to improve but at 6'3" he better be a lockdown defender that can shoot the 3 or hit a growth spurt so he can play multiple positions.
That said , if Lebron keeps playing at his current level I would throw away a 2nd round pick to get Lebron and his kid for a year if I was the Knicks or some other crap organization that isn't going to win anything anyway. They would have 24/7 coverage of their crap team sell a few jerseys and have a full house most nights.

Briny is 6’3” and a second round talent. I don’t think people are expecting much of him. It’ll be interesting to see how high some team takes him to get his dad for a year.
I remember when MJ’s kids were in college 15 years ago or so (Marcus and Jeffrey I believe). Neither one was remotely close to NBA material but whenever they were on the court the commentators kept trying to hype them up to be something they’re not. They were barely D1 caliber but probably got some preferential treatment because of who their dad is. Bronny’s at least got the goods to be a legit NBA prospect. If he spends 10-12 years as a journeyman that barely averages 10 MPG, that’s still nothing to scoff at. He’d be making his fortune on his own merits rather than riding the coattails of his dad.

Even if Lebron is 40, you could make the argument that drafting Bronny #1 overall to get Lebron and his farewell tour would be worth it. I would actually be somewhat surprised if he wasn’t #1 overall actually.
Yep, they’ll be getting a hell of a deal there. LeBron at 40 or 41 is still going to be better than most NBA players in their mid-late 20s.

They will sign them both just for the jersey sales

I met a guy who played for the Mariners for one year. He said Jr. is one of the best guys you could meet.

Reactions: fezzador
I hope you guys aren’t being serious? Sacrificing the #1 overall pick to have a 40+ year old LeBron play for you for one or two years? Give me a break.
I doubt Bronny is going to be a lottery pick, let alone #1 overall. But if Denver can waste a 1st round pick on Tim Tebow, an NBA team can certainly take him much higher than he should go.

I hope you guys aren’t being serious? Sacrificing the #1 overall pick to have a 40+ year old LeBron play for you for one or two years? Give me a break.
Of course if you have a slam dunk #1 overall you are going to take him. But if the draft class at the top is weak and you think Bronny can at least be a journeyman NBA player, it is absolutely worth it from ownership’s pov.

World-class douche. Him and Aaron Rodgers on their own level
I've rooted against both on the field based on my Chicago sports loyalties but I bet the underprivileged kids that attend his his school that will have a great shot at college think he's pretty cool. Let us know when when greaser man bun does something like that

I doubt Bronny is going to be a lottery pick, let alone #1 overall. But if Denver can waste a 1st round pick on Tim Tebow, an NBA team can certainly take him much higher than he should go.
In hindsight, Denver probably shouldn’t have done that.

That's one way to get Bronny to the NBA. Unfortunately LeBron has to make it all about him again - can't even let his kid have the moment.

LeBron can't even give someone else a compliment without making it about himself.

Doncic absolutely plays like LeBron. A lot of similarities to their games. Doncic was going 2015 LeBron during last seasons playoffs.

Mortgage your teams future for one year with a 40 year old LeBron and his son so you can sell tickets and jerseys? That GM would be fired the next day. A good team taking him late in the 1st round to get that, maybe. Those guys are 50/50 anyways.

Bobby Hull and Brett Hull give the Griffey's a run at this title. Both Hull's are in the HOF and considered two of the best ever. Have to give them the nod in this one.

Reactions: fezzador
Praying that Bronny gets drafted by Sacramento.

depositphotos_63905237-stock-photo-man-praying-with-clenched-hands.jpg

Reactions: cfbfan23
LeBron is trying to pump up Bronny's stock. The kid needs to make it on his own merits. He still has 2 years left to prove himself.

Not understanding the outrage here. And no, I’m not a LeBron fan. He’s a great player, but I couldn’t care less. Just wondering why all the hate.
The vast majority of Lebron hate is from two type of people - MAGAs who are pissed that Lebron doesn’t “shut up and dribble,” and old farts who can’t stomach someone challenging Jordan’s status as GOAT.

The vast majority of Lebron hate is from two type of people - MAGAs who are pissed that Lebron doesn’t “shut up and dribble,” and old farts who can’t stomach someone challenging Jordan’s status as GOAT.
Don't forget number 3: Laker's fans

Convinces Pelinka to make ridiculous trade for washed up Westbrook

You can believe that LeBron is one of the 2-3 greatest players of all-time (his longevity and agelessness unmatched) AND also acknowledge that he has a pattern of leaving franchises in bad shape. I understand why Cleveland allowed it to happen -- they got their long-awaited 2016 title -- but I am shocked that the storied LA Lakers allowed LeBron to come in and throw away their future for one title.

I had to scoff at some of the people criticizing Rob Pelinka for not making a move at the deadline. You can rightly criticize the work that he has done to have them in their current situation, but the Lakers have no draft capital, no trade assets, and will be paying 3 guys (LeBron, Davis, Westbrook) around $120M next season. There was no move to be made, because their only good trade pieces were sent to Washington (because LeBron wanted Russell Westbrook), or traded to New Orleans for Anthony Davis (Ingram, Ball, draft picks).

LeBron will likely leave after the 2022-2023 season, and the Lakers will have cap space, but they will have Anthony Davis and nothing else, and they will not have any draft capital.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
But if you're the Orlando Magic, who cares? You suck and you will continue to suck. Bringing in two guys who will cause attendance to skyrocket and get all your games on prime time TV is certainly worth it.

But if you're the Orlando Magic, who cares? You suck and you will continue to suck. Bringing in two guys who will cause attendance to skyrocket and get all your games on prime time TV is certainly worth it.
No GM is going to think like this. None. The best solution is to start winning. The #1 overall pick is way too valuable. You guys are all talking about an extremely short term solution to a long term problem that the #1 pick can potentially solve. I honestly can’t believe I’m even debating this with people.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
No GM is going to think like this. None. The best solution is to start winning. The #1 overall pick is way too valuable. You guys are all talking about an extremely short term solution to a long term problem that the #1 pick can potentially solve. I honestly can’t believe I’m even debating this with people.
Is it? The #1 pick is a complete crapshoot and it can produce a no-brainer Hall of Famer like LeBron, or it can produce a total dud like Kwame Brown that can set a franchise back several more years. For comparison, teams that barely make (or just miss) the playoffs can still get a tremendously talented player that takes them to the next level. A terrific example is Giannis Antetokounmpo - arguably the top player in the NBA today - and at #15 was barely a lottery pick.

While the #1 selection does carry legit value, for every Batman selected, there are ten Robins - good to very good players in their own right, but lack the charisma to make their teammates better and/or lack the "alpha" gene that enables legends to carry their respective franchises on their backs. Michael Jordan definitely had both those traits - would people remember Toni Kukoc if it weren't for MJ? And it's fair to surmise that Scottie Pippen - probably the paramount example of a Robin - probably wouldn't have had nearly the same career if he didn't play for Chicago in the 90s.

I can't say that LBJ made teammates better (at least consistently)- he was already blessed with plenty of talent in Miami and Los Angeles. If anything, one can say considering the cast he's underperformed in the postseason (and his latest championship was a pretty noteworthy upset over the most successful regular-season team in NBA history). He did show the capability of carrying a team on his back with his lone championship in Cleveland (this was before Kyrie was Kyrie, and his only other notable teammate was Kevin Love) but with guys like Westbrook and AD, and Bosh and DWade, just netting 3 other championships seems a bit underwhelming. LBJ probably should have 2 more titles to be honest.

Is it? The #1 pick is a complete crapshoot and it can produce a no-brainer Hall of Famer like LeBron, or it can produce a total dud like Kwame Brown that can set a franchise back several more years. For comparison, teams that barely make (or just miss) the playoffs can still get a tremendously talented player that takes them to the next level. A terrific example is Giannis Antetokounmpo - arguably the top player in the NBA today - and at #15 was barely a lottery pick.

While the #1 selection does carry legit value, for every Batman selected, there are ten Robins - good to very good players in their own right, but lack the charisma to make their teammates better and/or lack the "alpha" gene that enables legends to carry their respective franchises on their backs. Michael Jordan definitely had both those traits - would people remember Toni Kukoc if it weren't for MJ? And it's fair to surmise that Scottie Pippen - probably the paramount example of a Robin - probably wouldn't have had nearly the same career if he didn't play for Chicago in the 90s.

I can't say that LBJ made teammates better (at least consistently)- he was already blessed with plenty of talent in Miami and Los Angeles. If anything, one can say considering the cast he's underperformed in the postseason (and his latest championship was a pretty noteworthy upset over the most successful regular-season team in NBA history). He did show the capability of carrying a team on his back with his lone championship in Cleveland (this was before Kyrie was Kyrie, and his only other notable teammate was Kevin Love) but with guys like Westbrook and AD, and Bosh and DWade, just netting 3 other championships seems a bit underwhelming. LBJ probably should have 2 more titles to be honest.
I guess we shall see when he enters the draft. Of course the draft is a bit of a crap shoot, and you can show examples of guys drafted too high and guys drafted too low. But I'm willing to bet that the statistics bear out a correlation to draft position and likelihood of being an all-star or HORer. If its purely random, teams would just select guys out of a hat instead of spending tens of millions a year on scouting and statistical analysis. If you think that a team is going to spend the first overall pick on a kid that is ranked in the 40s for his class just for one year of his over the hill dad, I think that you're being crazy. Now, if he goes to college for a year and lights it up and moves himself into the top 5 overall entering the draft and its a year where there is no clear top guy, then maybe.

Last edited:
Nba guy on radio said his kid is far from a sure thing.

lot of pressure on that kid. The hate from fans and more importantly more deserving players will rain down like a hurricane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT