ADVERTISEMENT

Lee & DeSanto - Thoughts?

leeps

HR All-State
Feb 1, 2007
These guys are competitors, friends, and great teammates. They both have an awesome energy about them and DeSanto a little more edgy. It's great and that's what makes them each great.
How big/narrow do you think the gap between these two is in the wrestling room? Again I know friends and different weights, but when they are grappling do you think its a 2-3 point match? How tight do you think it is?
We all know how great Spencer is. DeSanto is also very good. They no doubt make each other better. I just wonder how close they are skill wise and what the score would be in a match if it were to take place today. Thoughts???

With these two guys you could wrestle ten matches and get a different outcome. My money would be on Spencer in most of those but DeSanto can go and take down anyone. Be worth the price of admission and could actually happen in freestyle competition down the road.

This is the first year he is full health. Knee his freshman year, and mono his sophomore season.

This! Lee seems to have a gas tank now, to go with his vast technical skill. This year Lee has looked awesome.

Lee vs Desanto? Desanto is bigger, so not exactly a fair match. If Desanto cut to 125, Lee would easily handle him. If it was 133, I'd probably still favor Lee, but close. Desanto has past wins over national champions at 133 in Suriano and Gross, and iirc, a close loss to Fix.

Reactions: leeps
With these two guys you could wrestle ten matches and get a different outcome. My money would be on Spencer in most of those but DeSanto can go and take down anyone. Be worth the price of admission and could actually happen in freestyle competition down the road.
I’m assuming TnT wouldn’t let Spencer wrestle with his left arm tied behind his back?

Reactions: MilleGinja
This! Lee seems to have a gas tank now, to go with his vast technical skill. This year Lee has looked awesome.

Lee vs Desanto? Desanto is bigger, so not exactly a fair match. If Desanto cut to 125, Lee would easily handle him. If it was 133, I'd probably still favor Lee, but close. Desanto has past wins over national champions at 133 in Suriano and Gross, and iirc, a close loss to Fix.
If Spencer takes him down early, he's in deep doo-doo, which is what I believe would happen.

Not sure how it could be staged, but for S’s and Giggles it could be a fun opportunity for new facility fundraising to have a wrestle off before next season...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT