ADVERTISEMENT

Lee, I've never seen him this chippy.

Sett1997

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2004
It's like every match he's out for blood. It's like another level , if that's even possible from his past years.
I like it, freaking scary! He's obviously feeling good and wants to destroy everyone.
We've all seen him chirp a few times in the past but he looks like a different animal this year.
100% focus.
Advice to opponents:
Don't take him down. Settle back and take the loss that's coming. 🤣

It's like every match he's out for blood. It's like another level , if that's even possible from his past years.
I like it, freaking scary! He's obviously feeling good and wants to destroy everyone.
We've all seen him chirp a few times in the past but he looks like a different animal this year.
100% focus.
Advice to opponents:
I disagree with this take. My opinion may be just be wrong here - I haven't seen as many matches this year as I normally would have by now, but I'd rather not see a regularly-chirpy Spencer. IF that's happening more often than not, it could be a warning sign. He's normally very workmanlike in his demeanor, respectful toward opponents, and lets his performance during the match do the talking. If he's all of a sudden chirping and jawing at opponents after matches when he didn't do as well as he liked, or because the opponent took it to him more than he expected - that's not good at all. It could indicate he's not handling well the pressure he's under (most likely from himself).

This is my subjective take IF this is happening with increasing frequency.

I think this was a perfect "wake-up" call for Lee. Unlike most of his opponents, Ramos came to wrestle. Lee has been very aggressive in his previous matches, coming forward at will and this time it cost him with a take down and a feet to back throw. I think now that he has had this happen he knows it can be done. I look for an even better Lee. All of course in my humble opinion as a feet up on the couch expert.;)

Your entitled to your opinion but I don’t agree.
I disagree with this take. My opinion may be just be wrong here - I haven't seen as many matches this year as I normally would have by now, but I'd rather not see a regularly-chirpy Spencer. IF that's happening more often than not, it could be a warning sign. He's normally very workmanlike in his demeanor, respectful toward opponents, and lets his performance during the match do the talking. If he's all of a sudden chirping and jawing at opponents after matches when he didn't do as well as he liked, or because the opponent took it to him more than he expected - that's not good at all. It could indicate he's not handling well the pressure he's under (most likely from himself).

I tend to agree he's under a lot of pressure and it's manifesting in ways we haven't seen before. Gotta get to the end of Mar and all will be well.

Ramos got some respect from me. He joined a very small group that has not danced away from Spencer from the get go. Off the top of my head, I only remember Nato, Suriano and Picc.
How could you leave Courtney from ASU off this list. Did you not see the finals last year? Lol! I'm pretty sure he was spotted running track for the Sun Devils last spring. He more than proved he can run fast. However, he does run backwards.

How could you leave Courtney from ASU off this list. Did you not see the finals last year? Lol! I'm pretty sure he was spotted running track for the Sun Devils last spring. He more than proved he can run fast. However, he does run backwards.
During those 7 minutes Courtney ran more than a marathoner could run in 2 hours...

Being amped up after his matches is just fine by me. He is abusing his opponents on the mat, not verbally afterward. If he was mad at anyone yesterday, it was himself for getting exposed early in the match. He respected what Ramos did afterward and told him so. Are you not entertained!?

Are you not entertained!?
Fl-Tu9bXwAAGoj2.jpg

After being down 8-1, did anyone even feel that nervous?

I was nervous when he was on his back, but once he got to his belly I knew he would win.

All he needed was an escape and a td and then game over.

Was going to win by back points or a fall.

Any other wrestler out there I would have been worried.

Not this kid.

Nope.

Not one bit.

I was nervous when he was on his back, but once he got to his belly I knew he would win.

Not this kid.

Nope.

Not one bit.
Agree nervous when he was on his back after that no not at all. I was talking to my dad at the SS about how it crazy that Spencer can get 12 back points in a period and some guys who are decent wrestlers can go all season without scoring 12 back points.

Not this kid.

Nope.

Not one bit.
My only concern was if he was going to hit the gas tank wall like he did vs ISU and the Wyoming kid but he seems to be settling into the cut and getting his shape back.

Not this kid.

Nope.

Not one bit.
Same. Once he was off his back I thought he would get the pin (and I wasn’t too worried even if he lost bc I knew he would win when it counts).

Reactions: Chalkdaddy94
You could tell he is getting his shape back by watching him wrestle less than three minutes? Doesn't one have gas tank issues in, say, the third period?

The last two guys Murin wrestled had issues in the first period also guys who fight off their back often times have an tendency to gas if there is an issue.

The last two guys Murin wrestled had issues in the first period also guys who fight off their back often times have an tendency to gas if there is an issue.
Unless you're Cobe. Then you just flip the script and put them on their back to show them what it feels like.

My only concern was if he was going to hit the gas tank wall like he did vs ISU and the Wyoming kid but he seems to be settling into the cut and getting his shape back.
That was me too, I was worried about the gas tank if it was tight in the 3rd.

Reactions: el dub
100% focus.
Advice to opponents:
Ain't it Great!

Spencer has been tested this year, and it will help him. In 7 matches he's been taken down 4 times, reversed once, and thrown to his back once. And he still won all 7 by bonus. He's shown he can pin top guys and come back when he's down.

He's got 4 top-10 opponents over the next 4 weeks. I feel much better about him running that gauntlet now than I did a month ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT