ADVERTISEMENT

Draws looking out

The Vak

HR All-American
Jan 25, 2002
Obviously we want to win every match, but lets take a look at where we go in the brackets if there is a loss

125: Drake really needs to keep his momentum going, because a loss to Spratley drops him into a bloodround match with the winner of (possibly) Deaugustino and McKee.

133: Teske has Brown from Maryland, who gave him a tough match. If he wins that, he's likely looking at Yarbrough, the Nagao Slayer, and if he wins THAT one, the loser of Ragusin and Shawver in the bloodround. A particularly brutal draw for Brody. For those interested, Nagao is looking like he's going to have beat Chlebove, Bouzakis, and the loser of Orine-Arujau to place.

141: Woods, if he lost, would have to beat one of Happel, Lemley, or Matthews to place. By far the toughest consolation quarter. Bartlett has VomBaur, and even if he were to lose, his quarter is much easier and is almost a lock to place.

149: Rathjen is going to have to beat D'Emilio, Miller from Maryland (who I think beat Rathjen at B1Gs) and then the loser of Lovett-Swiderski to place. Kasak has Fernandez from Cornell, Rooks, and the loser of Arrington-Gomez (who could FFT out if he loses).

157: Unbelievably, if Franek loses, he's going to have to beat one of Chittum, Blockhus, and Downey to place. Again, by far the hardest quarter.

165: There really isn't a toughest quarter here, but Caliendo would likely have to beat Peyton Hall to place.

174: THis one has been discussed ad nauseum. If Kennedy is going to place, he's going to have to beat the loser of Starocci and Lewis, although it's possible Starocci FFTs out if he loses.

184: N/A

197: Glazier is going to have to beat Stephen Little, Joey Novak, and the loser of Sloan-Deprez to place.

285: If Hill beats a tough Hunter Catka, he's going to end up, if he makes the blood round, facing the loser of Hendrickson-Elam.

There you have it, to our quarterfinalists, lets just go win and not worry about it. To the consi wrestlers, you put yourselves there, now lets dig out!

Obviously we want to win every match, but lets take a look at where we go in the brackets if there is a loss

125: Drake really needs to keep his momentum going, because a loss to Spratley drops him into a bloodround match with the winner of (possibly) Deaugustino and McKee.

133: Teske has Brown from Maryland, who gave him a tough match. If he wins that, he's likely looking at Yarbrough, the Nagao Slayer, and if he wins THAT one, the loser of Ragusin and Shawver in the bloodround. A particularly brutal draw for Brody. For those interested, Nagao is looking like he's going to have beat Chlebove, Bouzakis, and the loser of Orine-Arujau to place.

141: Woods, if he lost, would have to beat one of Happel, Lemley, or Matthews to place. By far the toughest consolation quarter. Bartlett has VomBaur, and even if he were to lose, his quarter is much easier and is almost a lock to place.

149: Rathjen is going to have to beat D'Emilio, Miller from Maryland (who I think beat Rathjen at B1Gs) and then the loser of Lovett-Swiderski to place. Kasak has Fernandez from Cornell, Rooks, and the loser of Arrington-Gomez (who could FFT out if he loses).

157: Unbelievably, if Franek loses, he's going to have to beat one of Chittum, Blockhus, and Downey to place. Again, by far the hardest quarter.

165: There really isn't a toughest quarter here, but Caliendo would likely have to beat Peyton Hall to place.

174: THis one has been discussed ad nauseum. If Kennedy is going to place, he's going to have to beat the loser of Starocci and Lewis, although it's possible Starocci FFTs out if he loses.

197: Glazier is going to have to beat Stephen Little, Joey Novak, and the loser of Sloan-Deprez to place.

285: If Hill beats a tough Hunter Catka, he's going to end up, if he makes the blood round, facing the loser of Hendrickson-Elam.

There you have it, to our quarterfinalists, lets just go win and not worry about it. To the consi wrestlers, you put yourselves there, now lets dig out!
The picture you painted plainly shows that we aren't looking too good in the AA department. PK and Glazier really hosed themselves hard in round one and I don't think either will be able to make the podium given their current paths. I think Drake and Real make the finals barring injury or a complete lack of assertiveness, with one or both bringing home the gold. Because of how both wrestled at BiGs I lost my ass betting PSU fans (proceeds to the wrestling clubs), and I'd really like to return the favor this weekend! :)

Come Saturday night I predict we finish with two champions (25, 41) and one additional AA (65). Franek and PK have a solid chance at the podium but I think they both fall short primarily because of their defensive style of wrestling. Hope I'm wrong...would love to see them both on the podium!!

Reactions: IRONBIRD

A consequential day (Moving Day!) for sure, and we gotta make our own hay.

Just curious — is it Gomez you think may forfeit out if he loses in the quarters? Is he injured again? I missed his match last night.

Just curious — is it Gomez you think may forfeit out if he loses in the quarters? Is he injured again? I missed his match last night.
Starrocci. Gomez looked good. Pinned guy in rd 2

With those draws I’d be happy with 4 AA. 5 would be exceptional, 6+ and Brands and co has worked some magic.

I think it's possible Gomez is only here to try for a title, and if he loses, he'll FFT out to make sure he doesn't get hurt for his Olympic run.

Reactions: Rotisserie Scrotz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT