ADVERTISEMENT

Lee , one of his world junior gold matches, what a battle.

Is he still junior eligible or has that ship sailed? Would think this is his last year if he's still able to go

I don't see the advantage of a guy taking an Olympic Shirt, especially given recent results. I think it is an advantage coming straight out of a college season...we have seen this with Yianni, Fix, Ramos, Gilman, Snyder, JDen Cox, Zain, Burroughs to name a few.

I don't see the advantage of a guy taking an Olympic Shirt, especially given recent results. I think it is an advantage coming straight out of a college season...we have seen this with Yianni, Fix, Ramos, Gilman, Snyder, JDen Cox, Zain, Burroughs to name a few.
Metcalf, Green, Ruth, Herbert, Varner, Schlatter, and Paulson also fit your example within the last decade.

Reactions: IAChief32
Parpiev in the match with Spencer essentially scored two fours and all of Lee's points were separate scoring sequences. Spencer really dominated the action and the wrestling, but this was one of those matches that the lessor guy had things go his way and had a real chance to win. With 2 minutes left, down 8-3, Spencer showed some real grit to score 8 straight points (2 at a time) to take the 11-8 lead. Fun to watch, thanks for posting. I guess he can score points late in matches:)

Anyone know off the top of their head how Parpiev has performed since?

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/database

Parpiev, Khurshid (KGZ)
kgz.gif

Date Competition Style Age Group Weight Class Country Rank
2018-12-13 Club World Championship Freestyle Seniors Team KGZ 6.
2018-11-23 International D. A. Kunaev Tournament Freestyle Seniors 57.0 KGZ 7.
2018-01-26 Ivan Yarygin Grand Prix Freestyle Seniors 57.0 KGZ 14.
2017-03-11 Yasar Dogu Freestyle Seniors 57.0 KGZ 10.
2016-08-30 World Championship Freestyle Juniors 50.0 KGZ 2.

Reactions: OpenHawkSurgery
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT