ADVERTISEMENT

Legit/real or not, WH tweet leaks are fantastic entertainment...

So basically, Barr's been waiting for his opp either with a friendly AG, or as AG to run riot over our goverment, as he knows his actions cannot be internally investigated. Only Congress can impeach/investigate, and Nadler has stated it's "useless" to impeach since the GOP Senate won't do anything, anyway. I think that's a shitty political argument, and they should do it anyway to tack on more firepower for November. Voters should see firsthand if the elected GOP officials will look the other way on gross abuses of power and illegal undermining of Rule of Law.

Elect people who value Rule of Law and our Constitutional checks and balances, not people who simply want power.

Reactions: Rudolph and BioHawk
All right. I am dumb.

What exactly are we looking at here, besides the loser of the next presidential election? ;)

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: TheCainer

Still, the disgust Bill Barr has amassed is widespread and bipartisan. Lindsey Graham expressed dismay at the way the Berman firing was handled. This Tuesday, over 80 percent of the George Washington University law faculty signed a letter condemning Barr, a GWU alum and member of the law school’s Board of Advisors, for a long series of lawless actions, from distorting the Mueller findings to the clearing of Lafayette Square. “Since 2019 Attorney General Barr has made the Department of Justice unrecognizable to those of us who prize its independence from politics and its commitment to the highest standards of the legal profession,” these signatories note in the letter. “We cannot remain silent in the wake of the damage he has done to the integrity of the Department, the rule of law, and the constitutional order.” This letter, on top of the previous letters from DOJ alums, reveals the extent to which the famously reserved legal profession has recoiled in horror at Barr’s complete contempt for the legal and institutional values that the department traditionally privileged above partisanship.
80%....is that a 'plethora'?

Reactions: BelemNole
Posting this here - someone needs to keep an eye on this, because this is potentially really really bad.

CDC just updated their numbers. Either someone's screwed this up royally (by a factor of 10x or something), or they're starting to recognize MIS-C is really Covid 19 deaths.

New counts:
1582 deaths in infants/children 0-4
26,045 cases

That is now an infant CFR of >6%

Screencapped it, in case they walk this back/correct it, but go check the link yourself:
https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

Why, White People? Can you just tell the lady - "you know, you're right - I'm not sure how that child was let in, but please next time know our policy, and I'll go ahead and seat you now"

If statues are how southerners learn history, then it's no wonder their understanding of it is so messed up. When I was in school, and still in school, when kids learned history we used books and more recently, video and the internet. Not once was a statue passed around class or did we go to a statue to learn about history. We went to a statue to honor a person or a historical event, but if we wanted any details, we read a book or watched a movie/documentary...or more than like both of those things. People who say "It's our history and we are forgetting it" are full of shit and that is a lame ass friggin excuse. Books aren't getting burned, but slave owners and loser confederate generals do not deserve a place of honor in the United States of America. I get that readin is hard for a lot of those folks, but maybe they should try it.

More professionalism

In both cases, if one of my subordinates was doing something like either of these, there would be words. A lot of words, likely very loud words, behind closed doors out of earshot, followed by a counseling statement for acting in an unprofessional manner. That Jr enlisted in the military would be held to a higher standard than WH staff and Congressmen should be considered an outrage.

More professionalism

In both cases, if one of my subordinates was doing something like either of these, there would be words. A lot of words, likely very loud words, behind closed doors out of earshot, followed by a counseling statement for acting in an unprofessional manner. That Jr enlisted in the military would be held to a higher standard than WH staff and Congressmen should be considered an outrage.

Stay classy cons. Stay classy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT