ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s focus on the positives…

Minimum of 3 B1G teams will get in...and I'd guess 10-2 pretty safely puts Iowa in 2nd or 3rd place. The season is far from over and the schedule couldn't be more favorable. Losses hurt but sometimes teams wake up and just plain get better after one.
I appreciate you trying to cheer us up Mesa but it's not going to work brother. You guys got the win, grats. We're probably not the best group of people to commiserate with at the moment.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
There’s a lot of meat on the bone if Cade makes the plays he should. That’s a big improvement from there not being much of anything open in years past. Bad news is I don’t think Case has the zip and arm strength to take advantage of some of what’s available.

Lester has schemed up a pretty good run game, but we still need the OL to be better on a down-to-down basis.
Which will get much more difficult when teams see they can give zero respect to Cade and the passing game.

I can save thousands of dollars by not driving to Iowa city or road games , hotels, food, gas to watch this crap show continue to disappoint and underachieve. Wife asked me at the start of the game “why don’t we go to Iowa games anymore?” I was kind of wondering that myself. Thanks for the reminder Kirk!

10-2, Iowa is in the Playoffs.

Did you see how much your coaches out classed us today? You guys made these things called adjustments. We are going to lose by 35 to Ohio St.

We had this win at half time and decided to cater to a QB who needs lots of positives and good feels. So we don't run the ball 3 yards away WITH A FULLBACK on 1st down not once... but twice! . It was awesome.... really great coaching. I wouldn't even do that on NCAA 25.

You see how our 5* safety got benched after the TD? That NEVER happens on offense. Ever.

Did you see how much your coaches out classed us today? You guys made these things called adjustments. We are going to lose by 35 to Ohio St.

We had this win at half time and decided to cater to a QB who needs lots of positives and good feels. So we don't run the ball 3 yards away WITH A FULLBACK on 1st down not once... but twice! . It was awesome.... really great coaching. I wouldn't even do that on NCAA 25.

You see how our 5* safety got benched after the TD? That NEVER happens on offense. Ever.
You'll likely lose to Ohio State. Most teams would. But Iowa should handle everyone else on their schedule.

You'll likely lose to Ohio State. Most teams would. But Iowa should handle everyone else on their schedule.
Mesa, we'll still get our 7-9 but that's irrelevant and only matters for pride and program win totals. The "likely" part, you mean "will." The season is over. Enjoy the rest of yours.

Actually the Good Capt has a quick trigger finger with RBs who don’t protect the Rock. Now, horrible performing QBs or WRs are another story….🙄

Well, Dolph said even though we lost, the fans were awesome....
and Kirk responded how the Iowa fans keep showing up over and over....
So that is a positive, right??
And he continues to piss on their faces and claim that its raining….

We all love this team and have something to bitch about. That is a positive. Because hopefully we will all be here for the years to come and have something to bitch about. It;s why we play the game.

Also
ISU was just out of the top 25
They are a pretty good team and are always super motivated against us

We know that a fake left, boot right, throwback to the left sideline shouldn't be ran again. Or the boot right with NO receivers anywhere on the right half of the field.

Another positive is we now get to deal with crazy Cyclone fans for a year. It's the only reason I care about winning this game, so I don't have to deal with them. I don't even talk about the game when we win. I just don't want to hear the absurd shit they have to say thinking it matters to me when we lose. I expect the same from them but it doesn't happen. I get it, the game matters to them more but as far as I'm concerned, the season is essentially over now. Losing to ISU is in the same realm as NW or Maryland. That's it, season is over.
Yeah, I was just thinking about this too. My friends who are Iowa State fans are absolutely insufferable right now. Whenever Iowa wins, all I do is exhale. Literally.

My positives:

Kaleb Johnson is a stud

Kick and punt return game looks great

Jenny Dell was looking fine in person

Tailgating was on point and even though it was full sun, it wasn't too hot out for the game

Notre Dame suffered a historically embarrassing loss

Angel Reese is out for the season

That's all I got

Reactions: KFsdisciple
My positive is that Gill had 47 yards receiving. No one else had more than 11. Lachey didn't have a catch. Gill was also the wide open guy in the endzone that Cade missed. Refs aren't calling holds and PIs the way they used to, so you need speed at WR more than ever. If you're slow, you get grabbed and held with no call out of the break. We saw that all day. THEREFORE WETJEN AND GILL SHOULD BE THE STARTING WR NEXT WEEK. LEARN KIRK.

Two postives:

Notre Dame lost at home to a MAC team. (there's gonna be some partying in DeKalb tonight!)
Angel Reese is injured and done for the season

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

ehhhhhhh, I doubt it. 10-2 landed us around 16th last season.

10-2 with the right name might get you in. 10-2 prob not ever getting Iowa in.
They would have to look at our recent big bowls, top 10 opponents and conference title games plus how well our fans travel. If 50k dudes and assorted people will show up in Paducah or Stanton, that matters.

It really sucks because of all the effort made do get Castro, Higgins, & Jackson back. The defense obviously isn't what we thought either because they struggled in the second half.
For being such a veteran team, it sure seemed that they got calls mixed up often in the second half today. Part credit to ISU for keeping them on their toes. Many times in the second half I couldn’t make a guess as to what they were going to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT