ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s focus on the positives…

Iowa scored in a loss?

Beyond that, I’m tired of watching the same offense not scheme with players that should be playing at certain positions like Wetjen at wr with his speed or an isolation play designed for our tight end that the entire line pushes to the left or right then he releases off of his position out to the flat to get a quick pass.

Regarding Angel Reese, it’s called karma and she got what she deserved.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Maybe run the table except for OSU, but Nebraska looked pretty solid last night.
Rhule has Debby heading towards..... better.

Reactions: littlez
They would have to look at our recent big bowls, top 10 opponents and conference title games plus how well our fans travel. If 50k dudes and assorted people will show up in Paducah or Stanton, that matters.
if we are one of the last ones in, say the 11th or 12th spot, we'd be traveling first round to the 5th or 6th seeds home stadium.

They won't care how well we travel at that point bc they'd be selling out their allotment.

• Sad
Reactions: UncleChesterton
The only positive for me is that I didn’t go to the game. For me there is no worse feeling than going to a game we’re supposed to win, losing the way we lost (especially to our in-state rival), then walking back to the car and making the almost 2 hour drive back to Ankeny. Still a fan, but so glad I gave up my season tickets in 2016.

Reactions: Bierhalter
Didn't read the whole thread, so SIAP posted as a positive:

the much longed for bowl game against Notre Dame is more possible than it was a couple of days ago (but I am clueless as to what the conference bowl affiliations are these days).

We hardly had any fans at the fiasco of a bowl game last year. Another season of us averaging 120 yards passing and going 7-5 is going to be ugly.

Did you see how much your coaches out classed us today? You guys made these things called adjustments. We are going to lose by 35 to Ohio St.

We had this win at half time and decided to cater to a QB who needs lots of positives and good feels. So we don't run the ball 3 yards away WITH A FULLBACK on 1st down not once... but twice! . It was awesome.... really great coaching. I wouldn't even do that on NCAA 25.

You see how our 5* safety got benched after the TD? That NEVER happens on offense. Ever.
True, but it seems obvious now that "X" was over rated. In his whole career he's made very few plays that stand out. His game pales in comparison to Castro. Just the fact that when we go back to the base 4-3 defense he pulls X and slides Castro back to that spot tells the story. You'd think he'd be pulling Schulte, instead of a supposed 5 star player.

True, but it seems obvious now that "X" was over rated. In his whole career he's made very few plays that stand out. His game pales in comparison to Castro. Just the fact that when we go back to the base 4-3 defense he pulls X and slides Castro back to that spot tells the story. You'd think he'd be pulling Schulte, instead of a supposed 5 star player.

Oh I'm ready for Entringer. I was excited for Entringer and X but it may not happen.

Not really trying to be down on X either. It just part of what I said before about recruits. Some guys just mature earlier, and so they really stand out as high school fresh, soph, juniors when these kids are recruited. Some of these kids have already reached their maturity and are closer to their ceiling by this time while others are just getting started, and have much more growth ahead of them.

Reactions: Randall Stanhope
The only good thing to come out of this game is it means that Kirk is one game closer to retirement - whenever that ends up being.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT