ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk Razors

Tommy Gavin

HR Heisman
Oct 28, 2003
I've been using the Gilette Fusion5 forever and ready to try something new. What's your go to razor?

I really like these

GUEST_94e45b3b-ccee-485b-88f0-68863ec67ce2

I use a Vikings Blade safety razor I bought about 3-4 years ago and buy about 100 blades for $8 about every other year. Use 1 blade every two shaves and toss it. Best shave I’ve ever had and rarely get razor burn. You can pick it up on Amazon for around $25.

Gillette carts are a scam.

I haven’t been clean shaven in two years. I hated shaving everyday with a passion

plus I look like late 80s George Michael. Just not as good looking or talented.

Reactions: Urohawk
Used to be a Gillette guy but moved to Harry's a few years ago. Much better.
The balls have never been so smooth.

I haven’t been clean shaven in two years. I hated shaving everyday with a passion

plus I look like late 80s George Michael. Just not as good looking or talented.
So you are more Iowa Nice Guy Scott Siepker than George Michael
B8XyVDYCcAEZnGJ.jpg

Been using the Schick Hydro 6 for several years; closest shave I've ever had.

I really like these

GUEST_94e45b3b-ccee-485b-88f0-68863ec67ce2
This.

I have been using Harry's razors for years. I don't use them to shave my face, but I shave my head every day and they're fantastic and inexpensive. I get a set of eight blades and a can of shaving cream once every two months for $21.

I've been using the Gilette Fusion5 forever and ready to try something new. What's your go to razor?

I've been using the same brand razor as you for 20 years.

About 5 years ago I decided to try Harry's. It felt like I was shaving with one of the 10 for $5 disposables.

About 2 years ago, I actually forgot what razor I used, and bought a Mach 3 instead. I think I used that in high school. That felt like using one of those 10 for $5 disposables, but after shaving OP's mom head to toe.

So I'm Fusion5 4 Lyfe I guess.

I have no idea why I can feel such a difference. I only shave about twice a week, and my stubble is pretty soft, I can use a blade for months before I have to change. You'd think anything would do, but I hate using anything but the Fusion.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I've been using the same brand razor as you for 20 years.

About 5 years ago I decided to try Harry's. It felt like I was shaving with one of the 10 for $5 disposables.

About 2 years ago, I actually forgot what razor I used, and bought a Mach 3 instead. I think I used that in high school. That felt like using one of those 10 for $5 disposables, but after shaving OP's mom head to toe.

So I'm Fusion5 4 Lyfe I guess.

I have no idea why I can feel such a difference. I only shave about twice a week, and my stubble is pretty soft, I can use a blade for months before I have to change. You'd think anything would do, but I hate using anything but the Fusion.

Maybe try better shaving lotion (not shaving creams, actual lotions like Harry's and others sell that work MUCH better)

Dollar shave club, shave face and head twice a week.

i tried Harrys last year and the blades nicked my face and head up pretty bad (i know they said the blades werent meant to shave the head)

I've been using the Gillette Mach 3 since it was introduced in 1998.

The blades last a long time, I don't knick or cut myself with them, so there is no need to change.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Unless it's a special event that requires a clean shave I use a Remington trimmer on the lowest possible setting. Makes it look like I went only a day without shaving, but it looks that way every day.
I can hardly keep the ladies away. That and it's cost effective.

Maybe try better shaving lotion (not shaving creams, actual lotions like Harry's and others sell that work MUCH better)
Oatmeal soap worked for me. One day I was out of shaving cream and grabbed oatmeal soap instead. I really liked it. Bought a brush and a found a mug in the cupboard. I thought just using the homemade soap made my cartridge razor last a lot longer.
I ended up switching to a safety razor, definitely cheaper, not a time saver. I would say ditch the shaving cream products, some nasty crap in those cans.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT