Votes: 58 29.1%
  • 0%

Votes: 130 65.3%

• Total voters
time house GIF

• Love
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
You needed more choices.
There's a lot between less than 50 and 0.
I'd put it in the 5% range.

Several years ago in football…are you serious? I get the offense is a disaster, but the football team is on the best 10 year run they’ve ever had….😳

I honestly don’t get what some people are looking at.

• Love
Reactions: Hendy hawk
There’s a difference between not enough wins, and not enough wins bc you’re doing the stupid crap year in and year out for 14 years.

You’ve never been on another messageboard have you…

This is how they work… The fans nitpick the shit out of everything you do and eventually it’s never enough.

You pick the head coach, including the Caliparis and the Izzos, and their fans are bitching and moaning all the time…

Of course ours do

Not sure about Vandy but if your premise is there are programs out there that would love a Fran, then yes, I agree.

Well until they don’t….

On an interesting sidenote, I went back and looked at Ralph Miller’s coaching acumen, and really, quite frankly outside of that last year he didn’t do all that great in Iowa and in that last year, it doesn’t appear to me that the rest of the conference was particularly strong, at least record wise…

They started 6-5 & then went 14-0 in conference. 8th the year before that.
Totally disagree. Ralph Miller won two Big Ten Championships in six seasons, finished 3rd twice and 5th once after taking over a team that was 8-15 the season before he got there. He was one of the top two or 3 coaches Iowa has ever had.

Reactions: vamchawk
I am so thankful the people that frequent these boards don’t have control over any part of coaching or sports at a high level. Iowa basketball could be mbetter sure ….could it be worse he’ll yeah. There are selfish people that don’t have the mental capacity or the understanding of what Iowa has put on the court over the last few years. It hasn’t been awful. Not any were near close enough to be having a conversation about having a coach fired. If you really think a coach should be fired for one season of being in the NIT you are a little strange. Using that as a benchmark for firing……every coach that doesn’t make the NCAA should lose the job every year….. and I’m sure that another 20 teams in the NCAA should lose there jobs too. Do you all have any idea how stupid you sound?

BS, it’s year 14. What has he accomplished to allow him to last that long?? You have settled for average.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Totally disagree. Ralph Miller won two Big Ten Championships in six seasons, finished 3rd twice and 5th once after taking over a team that was 8-15 the season before he got there. He was one of the top two or 3 coaches Iowa has ever had.

I think I’d probably agree with that. It goes to show. Iowa hasn’t had a ton of great coaches or a shit ton of stellar results. You might notice Mr. Miller never won a national championship. Nor made a bunch of appearances deep into the tournament….

That’s kind of the overarching point!

I am so thankful the people that frequent these boards don’t have control over any part of coaching or sports at a high level. Iowa basketball could be mbetter sure ….could it be worse he’ll yeah. There are selfish people that don’t have the mental capacity or the understanding of what Iowa has put on the court over the last few years. It hasn’t been awful. Not any were near close enough to be having a conversation about having a coach fired. If you really think a coach should be fired for one season of being in the NIT you are a little strange. Using that as a benchmark for firing……every coach that doesn’t make the NCAA should lose the job every year….. and I’m sure that another 20 teams in the NCAA should lose there jobs too. Do you all have any idea how stupid you sound?
Louisville is 12-52? the last two seasons.

Louisville has three nattys since 1980.

We could absolutely have it much worse but Beth has to have Fran on her radar.

Reactions: Underscore2
I think I’d probably agree with that. It goes to show. Iowa hasn’t had a ton of great coaches or a shit ton of stellar results. You might notice Mr. Miller never won a national championship. Nor made a bunch of appearances deep into the tournament….

That’s kind of the overarching point!
You have to remember that for the first half of his coaching career, (at Wichita State and at Iowa) the NCAA Tournament only took 16 teams. He took Wichita State and Iowa each to one NCAA Tournament and then took Oregon State to the Tournament 8 times after taking over that program when they were really down. The guy was a GREAT coach.

You have to remember that for the first half of his coaching career, (at Wichita State and at Iowa) the NCAA Tournament only took 16 teams. He took Wichita State and Iowa each to one NCAA Tournament and then took Oregon State to the Tournament 8 times after taking over that program when they were really down. The guy was a GREAT coach.

And again, I agree, so is Tom Izzo, yet he won one NC, 20 plus years ago, and none for Ralph.

You’ve never been on another messageboard have you…

This is how they work… The fans nitpick the shit out of everything you do and eventually it’s never enough.

You pick the head coach, including the Caliparis and the Izzos, and their fans are bitching and moaning all the time…

Of course ours do
I have. And if Fran was anything by remotely close to those Hall of Fame coaches, he’d have a statue outside of Carver lol!

I have. And if Fran was anything by remotely close to those Hall of Fame coaches, he’d have a statue outside of Carver lol!

And yet….they too are ready for a change…it’s the nature of the beast. Thats why I don’t care if we get a worse coach . And FWIW I’m ok with that, but the constant bitching puts me off. So I’m ok with whatever result we get…

Ps….we still can build one for Ralph, can’t we? I mean based on his accomplishments, his tenure here yielded the best results!

Why would Iowa move on? It isn't like Iowa St in 1 Day ( Today) matched 25% of Fran's total Iowa career NCAA Tourney wins, oh wait.....

Ps….we still can build one for Ralph, can’t we? I mean based on his accomplishments, his tenure here yielded the best results!
Bucky O'Connor was arguably the best Iowa coach. Unfortunately, his career was cut short by his untimely death. I would rank Bucky first, Miller second and Olson third.

Reactions: DewHawk
45-36 over MSU . and Izzo. Defense! Wanna go back?
That was not primarily defense it was Iowa holding the ball to kill the clock. But even if it was do you think defense and an upbeat offense are mutually exclusive? I do not think so IMO.

0.00%. I'm not a huge believer in Fran's system but he certainly didn't deserve to be fired after missing the tournament just one time recently.

Again, not a fan of the overall product right now but I don't find it fair to fire him either.

That was not primarily defense it was Iowa holding the ball to kill the clock. But even if it was do you think defense and an upbeat offense are mutually exclusive? I do not think so IMO.
There are several that apparently think that way when it comes to the football team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT