ADVERTISEMENT

Lisa nails it

2thDocHawki

Scout Team
May 11, 2004
Last year after the championship game, Lisa said (paraphrasing) “It’s easy winning, where you show true character is being #2, and how you handle that”. Even with the officiating in last years title game, Kim M’s court antics, and Angel’s end of game drama, Lisa and her team showed nothing but good sportsmanship and carried themselves with class. With the exception of Paige B, not seeing this from the UConn contingent……..
I believe this may also be a component in the Hawkeye Women’s Basketball Team becoming a darling to so many “non traditional “ new hawk fans.

Last year after the championship game, Lisa said (paraphrasing) “It’s easy winning, where you show true character is being #2, and how you handle that”. Even with the officiating in last years title game, Kim M’s court antics, and Angel’s end of game drama, Lisa and her team showed nothing but good sportsmanship and carried themselves with class. With the exception of Paige B, not seeing this from the UConn contingent……..
I believe this may also be a component in the Hawkeye Women’s Basketball Team becoming a darling to so many “non traditional “ new hawk fans.
Also Gino was rather prophetic saying in his pre game press conference “ and the end of the game, the new viewers will 1) like my players, and how they conduct themselves, and 2) Say, wow he really is a sh*thead.” 😎

Let’s not build a straw man here. Complain about the UConn alums using their tv time to push the wrong narrative about the foul. But aside from being upset their season is over, and in Edwards’s case the end of her collegiate career on an egregiously bad illegal screen she made, I haven’t seen anything from the players that would indicate anything to complain about in terms of character.

Geno is mad in the moment, but even he said in his postgame that the problem with his job is that you don’t really get to enjoy the wins. So while I don’t feel bad for him, I don’t have anything to complain about.

Let’s not build a straw man here. Complain about the UConn alums using their tv time to push the wrong narrative about the foul. But aside from being upset their season is over, and in Edwards’s case the end of her collegiate career on an egregiously bad illegal screen she made, I haven’t seen anything from the players that would indicate anything to complain about in terms of character.

Geno is mad in the moment, but even he said in his postgame that the problem with his job is that you don’t really get to enjoy the wins. So while I don’t feel bad for him, I don’t have anything to complain about.
Aaliyah Edwards was VERY messy on Instagram last night, basically saying Iowa paid the refs. The exact opposite of Paige. Big loser energy IMO.

You know what bugs the shit out of me? The moving screen was called Caitlin got fouled and shot free throws. Caitlin missed. Uconn and Aliyah had a chance to grab a rebound, call a time out and set a play for a last second shot. They didn’t, so complaining about this foul call is easier.

Also Iowa was up by double digits. If UConn didn’t want the game to come down to “one play” maybe they should have played better.

Iowa had 12 turnovers in the first half, shot it poorly, and the NCAA’s leading scorer was held to six points yet UConn only led by 6. But complaining about the foul call is easier.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good cry session UConn. Go f yourself. UConn could have won and didn’t. They had 39 minutes to play better and they didn’t.

Good point…I hadn’t thought about it from that angle.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT