ADVERTISEMENT

LOL -- I don't mind admitting I TOLD you this would happen if they played Sullivan

Would it happen vs OhioSt? or any team with a pulse. Whisky will be a better test. Don't get your hopes up. Sully isn't very big and was beat out by that guy at N'west.
I actually agree with most of this. (Silly is big at 6’4 225, at least certainly not small)
I think he won’t be as good as the fans anticipate. Surely better attributes than Cade but we still don’t know about his decision making in Iowas offense. Or deep ball ability, but I think short pass game and just giving KJ more space is enough to win. 100% won ISU, and possibly MSU game.
So he should start and be afforded the same patience Cade got.

Reactions: GHawk
Wisky is smart enough to know that they have to stop the run. Make whoever is qb beat you with throws. This game is much closer than it should be because we can't/don't/won't throw the ball effectively. It will be very interesting to see if Sullivan can throw the ball, more than 5 yards, down the field. Game is winnable if he can, losable if he doesn't.

it's really sad, now the team and fans are in the position of playing "what if"

what if KF saw what every other fan could see that Cade was not good and we need a QB that can make plays with his legs

it really pisses me off that it happened in the first place, it's McCann vs Banks all over again
No, it isn’t. McCann was much better in 2001 than Cade is now.

Reactions: littlez
I actually agree with most of this. (Silly is big at 6’4 225, at least certainly not small)
I think he won’t be as good as the fans anticipate. Surely better attributes than Cade but we still don’t know about his decision making in Iowas offense. Or deep ball ability, but I think short pass game and just giving KJ more space is enough to win. 100% won ISU, and possibly MSU game.
So he should start and be afforded the same patience Cade got.
He’s got 6 td’s and 5 picks. And a long pass of 42 yards. And he can’t move and can’t throw the ball over 25 yards. And honestly for a guy who’s played as long as he has his decision making is terrible. Just having a guy who we can run actual bootlegs and even designed QB runs takes so much pressure of Caleb. And it’s not like he didn’t throw the ball at NW. We’ve become so accustomed to bad QB play/coaching that we’re now scared to think anything good can happen.

Don't ever forget how stupid offensively Captain Kirk really is. If not for Beth, Boy Wonder would still be running the offense and Captain Kirk would reply, "he's doing a great job, we just need to execute better."

How so?

McCann (2001)

Comp 79
Att 136
Comp% 58.1
TD 5
INT 4

Cade (2024)

Comp 104
Att 172
Comp% 60.5
TD 6
INT 5
Your stats are from 2000. According to the Iowa media guide (which includes the Alamo Bowl stats, unlike sports-reference.com), in 2001 McCann was 167-252, 66.3%, 2028 yards, 16 TDs. He also had 11 INTs, which is the one area he was worse than Cade. Despite the negative yards from several sacks, McCann also rushed for 78 yards and 3 TDs.

The only Iowa starter with better completion percentage for a season is Chuck Long, who did it in 1984 and 1985.

Last edited:
Your stats are from 2000. According to the Iowa media guide (which includes the Alamo Bowl stats, unlike sports-reference.com), in 2001 McCann was 167-252, 66.3%, 2028 yards, 16 TDs. He also had 11 INTs, which is the one area he was worse than Cade. Despite the negative yards from several sacks, McCann also rushed for 78 yards and 3 TDs.

The only Iowa starter with better completion percentage for a season is Chuck Long, who did it in 1984 and 1985.
I may have been off a year but the point is still the same

McCann and Cade were similar and KF had a more athletic QB with upside behind both of them.

I may have been off a year but the point is still the same

McCann and Cade were similar and KF had a more athletic QB with upside behind both of them.
Actually, the point is quite different, and Kyle and Cade are not similar. McCann was having a good season and Banks still got on the field, some games more than others. There was good reason to keep McCann at QB1 even while working Banks in. Cade has been playing much worse than McCann and Sully has had much more limited opportunity than Banks until this past Saturday. Sully should have gotten opportunities sooner, and there has been far less reason to keep Cade at QB1.

Actually, the point is quite different, and Kyle and Cade are not similar. McCann was having a good season and Banks still got on the field, some games more than others. There was good reason to keep McCann at QB1 even while working Banks in. Cade has been playing much worse than McCann and Sully has had much more limited opportunity than Banks until this past Saturday. Sully should have gotten opportunities sooner, and there has been far less reason to keep Cade at QB1.
Agree to disagree to suppose.

I'm not saying that Sully is the next coming of Brad Banks, but the fan base was very disgruntled with KF that Banks wasn't getting more reps in 2001. The next year, the rest is history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT