ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like Gas Prices Are About To Skyrocket

I don't know about everybody else, but my annual earnings are up about 5 times what I was making in 1991.
@Funky Bunch wins! His are up about 10 times ... sumbich.

I'm sure most peoples are up as they progress through their careers. But, of course, you would have to use like positions in my comparison for an individual person.

@Funky Bunch wins! His are up about 10 times ... sumbich.

I'm sure most peoples are up as they progress through their careers. But, of course, you would have to use like positions in my comparison for an individual person.
If I go back 35 years instead of 30, mine's closer to 15X. But I was a part-time worker and a full-time student at that point in time.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Yeah, that's the problem.

Using these figures income has gone up by a meager factor of 1.23 while consumer prices have doubled (2.38/1.15).

Given this, I don't want to pay more for any item than I have to.

Each year there is always someone at work that says their health insurance has gone up 5% wiping out their 3% raise. Yeah that $5000 raise won't cover that extra $200 for insurance dude. Also, most people's 2 biggest expenses won't even change, mortgage and car payments. Sure costs for some things will go up, but percentage of salary vs inflation rate shouldn't be a direct comparison.

Reactions: lucas80 and DFSNOLE
618221c985f54002d97f84bc.JPG

Beverly Hills 6/2/21

I was about to post that California is effed. It was over $4 when I was there in July.

Each year there is always someone at work that says their health insurance has gone up 5% wiping out their 3% raise. Yeah that $5000 raise won't cover that extra $200 for insurance dude. Also, most people's 2 biggest expenses won't even change, mortgage and car payments. Sure costs for some things will go up, but percentage of salary vs inflation rate shouldn't be a direct comparison.
With inflation your dollar is worth less regardless of when you spend it.

Now, the purchase of a house has always been the one inflation hedge for consumers. But the thing people tend to forget about with increased value is also an increase in insurance and taxes.

I remember when some conservatives were on this board last year when gas prices were low complaining that the gas prices needed to rise to save the oil industry.

also i have sweet memories of those days of $13/gal gas right after the inauguration that happened.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I hate that so many people latch on to gas prices as a measuring stick of a presidency.
Yeah. Sadly, this country is getting just about too stupid to live in. Gas price goes up 10 or 20 cents and everybody starts screaming, "Who's the President? Who's the President?" like that matters somehow. I'm kinda glad I'm old enough to die pretty soon. I'm tired of this shit.

Reactions: srams21
How am I ever going to sleep tonight after that scathing retort? I bet your mom is proud of the keyboard warrior her little boy has become.
I really couldn't care less how you sleep or if you even wake up. Once again you fail at insults, my mother's been dead for 12 years so your attempted snide remark falls woefully short. The keyboard warrior bit was cute though, especially for the loser league leader. Have a nice day Sally.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
$3.29 a gallon today. Benchmarks for oil have been slipping.
Are we still being outraged over a global commodity or not? It's hard to tell around here sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT