ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

I'm curious as to how this all settles out. Either McCarthy is going to have to give the holdouts something they want or the moderates are going to have to cut a deal with the Dems to either throw the Dems a bone for a few votes for McCarthy or to let the Dems basically pick a moderate GOP member that they all back.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I'm curious as to how this all settles out. Either McCarthy is going to have to give the holdouts something they want or the moderates are going to have to cut a deal with the Dems to either throw the Dems a bone for a few votes for McCarthy or to let the Dems basically pick a moderate GOP member that they all back.
Dems are entirely unified it is entirely possible Jeffries is speaker. This hasn't happened for 100 years there's no playbook

Dems are entirely unified it is entirely possible Jeffries is speaker. This hasn't happened for 100 years there's no playbook

I have a hard time seeing that. You are going to have to convince a few Republicans that a Democrat should be speaker of the house despite a Republican majority. That's a tough sell.

I think it's more likely that Jefferies works out a deal to sort of pick his favorite Republican in the House to be speaker and gets his entire caucus behind that guy.

Of course who ever is speaker could end up being the most powerless speaker in modern American history since they can't unify their caucus.

Reactions: HawkMD
Dems should work with GOP moderates...whoever they might be...to put a GOP leader in place with greatly reduced power and maybe have committe co-chairs. The Speaker has far, FAR, FAR too much power to set the agenda and control legislation.

It's absolutely insane just how much power the "Freedom Caucus" morons really think they have. This would be like AOC and her friends deciding the 5 of them could stall out Pelosi because they demanded the Democrats take a hard leap to the left.

That said, at some point the idiots like Gaetz and the rest will be pulled to heel. Gaetz isn't smart enough to do anything but follow someone else. He gets to go on OAN and Fox News and get his tv time blustering on about McCarthy, it plays well to the base here (Which still is maddening) and then he'll vote because it is obvious there's no other choice. At some point this is going to erupt. There are still enough moderates who refuse to play the crazy MAGA game beyond a bit of bluster here and there that a real war is going to erupt. I truly hope that we get a party split at some point. I'd love to one day see an actual moderate party rise to power.
The moderates should put a shock collar on Gaetz and a few of the other idiot cons, and use it whenever they speak.

Last edited:
McCarthy will win after this as the plan clearly is to consolidate all the dissenters to Jordan so he can convince them to vote McCarthy

Dems should work with GOP moderates...whoever they might be...to put a GOP leader in place with greatly reduced power and maybe have committe co-chairs. The Speaker has far, FAR, FAR too much power to set the agenda and control legislation.

From reading some of the quotes it sounds like for many of the GOP "moderates" it has to be McCarthy if for no other reason to take the HFC down a peg and punish the members who caused this problem.

Still they could likely get some concessions out of him in order to get their votes.

McCarthy will win after this as the plan clearly is to consolidate all the dissenters to Jordan so he can convince them to vote McCarthy

Will they follow along with that though? They seem mostly united in not wanting McCarthy, I doubt their guy is going to change their minds. They will just vote for someone else.

Diversity of thought is an unheard concept for the left. Dems are used to marching in goosestep.

There is diversity of thought and then there is the concept of unifying as a team to get stuff done.

Again every house for the last 100 years, (that is 50 times) managed to do this without problems. Hilarious that you label the R's inability to get behind a leader as "diversity of thought".

Diversity of thought is an unheard concept for the left. Dems are used to marching in goosestep.

Keep posting the same thing in multiple threads and hope it sticks.

This is called being organized vs a bunch of clowns. Simple as that. When you get a real adult job, you will know that you organize and get everyone aligned to support your moves BEFORE you go to a public space and look like like a fool.

There is diversity of thought and then there is the concept of unifying as a team to get stuff done.

Again every house for the last 100 years, (that is 50 times) managed to do this without problems. Hilarious that you label the R's inability to get behind a leader as "diversity of thought".
Well, he's dumb, so . . .

How is the nation suppose to expect R's to lead the country with some sort of coherent vision when they can't even agree on a speaker of the house? Agreeing on that is a lot less complex then trying to agree on how to fix the problems facing the country. Of course I'm guessing that if they won back the House, Senate, and Presidency the Republicans would just do what they always do. Cut taxes for the wealthy again and claim they accomplished something . . . ignore all of the other problems or blame Democrats for them all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT