ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

Democracy dies in darkness.

A closed door session for members of your party to vote on who their leader should be in the house is hardly the death of democracy.

The far right had their opportunity to convince the other Republicans to go a different direction. They lost. Now they are essentially planning on taking the ball and going home.

Which is fine with me because it goes to show how unfit for leadership the R's are at this point. They dumped agenda making and swore fealty to Trump in their platform. Now shockingly they have no platform and no agreement on anything because Trump only believes in whatever is good for him at the time.

Chip Roy just nominated Jordan again. Let’s get a coalition going for a moderate!

This is where Jimmy is like "I had Hakeem Jeffries at great odds because I saw something like this coming. Cashed in for a small profit when McCarthy failed round 1"

;)

Ed Zachary

ed-zachary-memegenerator-net-ed-zachary-high-expectations-asian-father-49241110.png

McCarthy needs to quickly schedule another trip to Mara-a-Lago late this afternoon and apply more suckage to Donnie T. It's his only salvation for getting enough votes among the House MAGA crowd for a win for his speakership.

McCarthy needs to quickly schedule another trip to Mara-a-Lago late this afternoon and apply more suckage to Donnie T. It's his only salvation for getting enough votes among the House MAGA crowd for a win for his speakership.

Will that work? My understanding is that Donnie T has already given his endorsement to McCarthy to be speaker yet the ultra MAGA's are ignoring their leader's orders.

Maybe he needs Donnie T to be more aggressive and attack them as RINOs on Truth social.

McCarthy is in the process of losing on the 3rd ballot. Eight votes for Jim Jordan (so far) pretty much scuttles his chances.

Does he give up?

Is there anything he can give away to get the votes that he hasn't already given away?

If he withdraws, do the Rs coalesce behind Jordan, or could some non-idiot step forward?

Has Trump been nominated yet?

Some R just changed his vote from McCarthy to Jordan. Jordan now at 12. He can't win on this ballot, but if that's a trend, we could end up with Speaker Jordan.

I can see it now, Jordan becomes Speaker. Biden and Harris are in an accident.

Welcome to America under President Jim Jordan.

This is a complete mess. Jeffries has more votes than McCarthy now. And who knows how the dark horse of Jordan will further screw things up?

Current House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-California) reaffirmed his competence in the position to colleagues who oppose his second term. During , Chief Congressional Correspondent Manu Raju said that McCarthy passionately raised his voice, saying “I have earned this job!”

“Bulls***!", Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert (R) exclaimed in response.

Reactions: blhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT