ADVERTISEMENT

Maher at it again

I thought it was cringe worthy.

Not for the idea, but it came off poorly. No flow like his good ones. The jokes didn't land. The crowd missed the cues. Just poor execution and you could tell Bill knew it.

• Sad
Reactions: The Tradition
I thought it was cringe worthy.

Not for the idea, but it came off poorly. No flow like his good ones. The jokes didn't land. The crowd missed the cues. Just poor execution and you could tell Bill knew it.
Lol…of course you think that. Surprisingly…crickets from the usual suspects. Color me shocked!

Stopped the video after he brought up the firing of the one dude for making a holocaust joke……for the ones that always seem to complain about cancel culture is this one of those things that was never on the lefts radar (like potato head or dr suess)?

or did the right turn this firing into something to push this perpetual parade of victimhood they have been on lately?

Reactions: sob5
Stopped the video after he brought up the firing of the one dude for making a holocaust joke……for the ones that always seem to complain about cancel culture is this one of those things that was on the lefts radar (like potato head or dr suess)?

or did the right turn this firing into something to push this perpetual parade of victimhood they have been on lately?
If you hadn't stopped the video, you would have gotten then answer.

Stopped the video after he brought up the firing of the one dude for making a holocaust joke……for the ones that always seem to complain about cancel culture is this one of those things that was never on the lefts radar (like potato head or dr suess)?

Shocking…fitting you canceled the video. This video is directly met for you.

Reactions: SDHN2013
Watch the video and you'll get an answer to your question.
Im guessing if i the video it will just be him crying about libs and their push for cancel culture since thats the kick he has been on lately.

i didnt hear anybody from the left go after potato head or suess, but the right sure made it look like it. Im guessing thats the case for this, but insuppose i will endure myself to listening to Maher go on about the left and their push to cancel everything

Reactions: Rudolph
link to me being outraged over some olympic official making a holocaust joke that led to him getting fired?
You’re denying it’s happening. These people did get fired for shit they said decades ago. You get that right? Do you think it was the right wing pushing for their firing?

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
Lol…of course you think that. Surprisingly…crickets from the usual suspects. Color me shocked!
reading_is_fundamental__6_6.jpg

Ok, so Bill Maher goes and lists all these things that led to someone getting fired or that person stepping down.
I have not heard of any of those things u til i watched Bill Maher and his outrage about it.

Bill Maher is just being a useful idiot for the right on this one. He sees something written about something and he thinks the left is outraged about whatever was written about. And then the righties are like “yAh, CaNcUl CuLcHuR iZ oUt Uv HaNd”

who the f**k is outraged about friggen surfing outside of the author of the article he displayed? Believe me, this shit is not something the left is focused on.

You’re denying it’s happening. These people did get fired for shit they said decades ago. You get that right? Do you think it was the right wing pushing for their firing?
Who was outraged? I just see Maher display articles about the instances he is talking about without discussing how widespread the outrage is on those particular things he is bitching about.

newsflash, companies and organizations make decisions based on profit, not because some dipshit writer writes an article that is not on the lefts radar

How off the res does the liberal left have to be when conservatives start applauding Bill?
I have never heard any of those things mahers been bitching about in regards to the olympics brought up on any of the left leaning podcasts i listen to.

He’s just being a useful idiot for the right

Reactions: Rudolph and sob5
I have never heard any of those things mahers been bitching about in regards to the olympics brought up on any of the left leaning podcasts i listen to.

btw, Candace Owens is black, but she isn't left leaning.

Just because you haven't heard of the things he is talking about doesn't mean that cancel culture isn't getting out-of-hand. What he's talking about actually happened. So, obviously some "woke" person, or group, or group of groups, bitched about it and these people were fired or resigned.

He makes a very precise point that being "Liberal" does not include being offended by everything and expecting everyone else to adhere to the same sensitivities.

You missed the point. He’s not saying the problem is “mass outrage”. He’s saying the problem is people and businesses listen to the FEW idiots who are outraged by this dumb shit and they need to STOP firing people when some crybaby ass hole is offended.

Just because you haven't heard of the things he is talking about doesn't mean that cancel culture is getting out-of-hand. What he's talking about actually happened. So, obviously some "woke" person, or group, or group of groups, bitched about it and these people were fired or resigned.

He makes a very precise point that being "Liberal" does not include being offended by everything and expecting everyone else to adhere to the same sensitivities.
i think if one person or group bitches, the right sees it and makes it a bigger issue than it really is. If a company fires someone, they are looking purely at profits and not because of some “woke” writer. If someone chooses to resign, thats on them.

MAGAts are the ones that think the left is offended by everything. Their anti “wokeness” campaign is good for ratings on fox news, OAN and Newsmax so they continue to push this idea of what they think the left is outraged about

perpetual victims

Maher has some points but he lives in a different world than most of us do. Most supposed victims of cancel culture inhabit a different world. The Olympic officials and others he mentioned will land on their feet, not in a bread line. A lot of cancel culture is absolutely stupid but it's unsustainable and will correct itself. As a species, we've undergone a rapud and radical transformation with the telecom tech and my hope is the extra woke is just part of the growing pains of that. In the 2000s, because of the internet, we thought the United States had tens of millions of people who thought the earth was less than 10,000 years old but as it turns out, there were many fewer young earthers and they were just well organized online. Past and future aside, cancel culture not as bad as people are making it out to be or a good portion of working stiffs would be shitcanned daily for what they do online.

In my life, there are people who love Bill Maher and hate cancel culture and usually it's people who constantly retell jokes they heard (something most likable people DON'T normally do because it's an obnoxious and dull trait ) and who insist them using a racial or ethnic slur in the joke is perfectly appropriate because of their intent (to tell a joke). What these folks do not realize is that normally people around them realize there is no occasion for the joke and so the actual intent of the joke is just to get away with using a slur. Those people are not being judged unfairly. They're also not being canceled unless they get hammered, go on Facebook, bitch about being called racist, decide
they're gonna show folks what racism really is and then also throw in a few threats of violence for good measure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT