ADVERTISEMENT

Maher at it again

It will be okay, just listen to your progressive podcasts and stay in your safe place. Buzzwords like progress, do nothing Democrats, left agenda, etc...
Im guessing youre tucked safely in your safe space listening to conservative talking heads carry on about cancel culture, wokeness or whatever buzzwords and outrage the Ben Shapiros and Tucker Carlsons are throwing out there these days.

Reactions: Rudolph
Im guessing youre tucked safely in your safe space listening to conservative talking heads carry on about cancel culture, wokeness or whatever buzzwords and outrage the Ben Shapiros and Tucker Carlsons are throwing out there these days.
Where do I start with the irony in this post…yikes.

Pretty sure nearly every leftist on this board agrees with Maher’s bit.

Now if we could consider CRT “pre-cancelling” with this same level of, you know, level-Maher-headedness.

I get what @dirtypool is getting at, too, albeit clumsily.

You missed the point. He’s not saying the problem is “mass outrage”. He’s saying the problem is people and businesses listen to the FEW idiots who are outraged by this dumb shit and they need to STOP firing people when some crybaby ass hole is offended.
OR they fired the guy before the few became the many and then not only do they have to fire the guy but their brand is sullied and Maher is full of shit and is only calling it cancel culture because that's his brand.

You're a C U N T regardless. 👍

This reminds me of a joke I heard years ago:

A guy walks into a diner and sits down. The female server comes over to take his order.

He says “I would like a BLT C U N T.”

The server says “Excuse me?”

He repeats “I would like a BLT C U N T”, to which she replies that they do not allow that kind of language in their establishment and calls over her manager.

The customer explains the he is trying to order a BLT Cut Up, Not Toasted. The manager agrees that they can do this so the order is placed.

The server drops off the bill after the food has arrived. The customer then announces “I am not paying for this sandwich. It is the worst BLT that I have ever had.”

At this point, the server comes over and writes S H I T on his bill. The customer is outraged and says “What is the meaning of this?” The server says “Shoulda Had It Toasted.”

This seemed appropriate in a thread about Bill Maher.

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82
OR they fired the guy before the few became the many and not only do they have to fire the guy but their brand is sullied and Maher is full of shit and is only calling it cancel culture because that's his brand.
See Chick Fil A. A bunch of people got mad. Chick Fil A said, “Oh well.” Business got better. At the end of the day the product quality decides the profit. See Apple and their Chinese suicide nets.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a joke I heard years ago:

A guy walks into a diner and sits down. The female server comes over to take his order.

He says “I would like a BLT C U N T.”

The server says “Excuse me?”

He repeats “I would like a BLT C U N T”, to which she replies that they do not allow that kind of language in their establishment and calls over her manager.

The customer explains the he is trying to order a BLT Cut Up, Not Toasted. The manager agrees that they can do this so the order is placed.

The server drops off the bill after the food has arrived. The customer then announces “I am not paying for this sandwich. It is the worst BLT that I have ever had.”

At this point, the server comes over and writes S H I T on his bill. The customer is outraged and says “What is the meaning of this?” The server says “Shoulda Had It Toasted.”

This seemed appropriate in a thread about Bill Maher.

He certainly acts like a Cut Up, Not Toasted most days.

Once again he is right.

Hes right, but I cant decide if he is still part of a feedback loop. He is on a show that profits from a great segment like this. Woke culture (insane shit like he speaks of, not that women, trans, minorites, even white men should all be treated equal because lets face it, this is the extremes but some elements of woke culture has its place) perepetuates itself. This shit happens and is celebrated by some and sold as a great thing and people eat it up. Then others hate it and its sold as a horrible thing and people eat it up. In an attention economy outrage from either side you stand on is good for business and honestly, I dont see how it ends

Reactions: Moral and Rudolph
You missed the point. He’s not saying the problem is “mass outrage”. He’s saying the problem is people and businesses listen to the FEW idiots who are outraged by this dumb shit and they need to STOP firing people when some crybaby ass hole is offended.
So businesses making their own decisions is cool when it comes down to denying gay customers but not when it comes to things like he mentioned? (had only heard of 1 despite watching olympics thoroughly). It's just so hard to keep up on what is allowable.

I agree with his points but the right and Bill benefits from blowing this cancel culture shit way out of proportion and pinning it on the left when both sides do it all the time. Colin Kaepernick and the women's soccer team says hello

Last edited:
So people and businesses making their own decisions is cool when it comes down to denying gay customers but not when it comes to things like he mentioned? (had only heard of 1 despite watching olympics thoroughly)

I agree with his points but the right and Bill benefits from blowing this cancel culture shit way out of proportion and pinning it on the left when both sides do it all the time. Colin Kaepernick says hello
No clue what you’re talking about with any of that. Not to mention, both Nike and the NFL told the right wing to go fvck itself when it came to Kaepernick. Nike made him very rich after that. Same with companies who gave Rapinoe a bunch of money. They did what Maher is telling everyone to do.

No clue what you’re talking about with any of that. Not to mention, both Nike and the NFL told the right wing to go fvck itself when it came to Kaepernick. Nike made him very rich after that. Same with companies who gave Rapinoe a bunch of money. They did what Maher is telling everyone to do.
Not surprised you have no clue but you just can't deny many on the right have been very triggered by anthem kneelers and Rapinoe, there are threads where snowflakes admit to rooting against the US because of it. The fact these 2 benefitted financially from the backlash of the right's outrage in the long run is totally irrelevant. I bet the cake maker did too.

If you can't acknowledge the right loves themselves some cancel culture too you just aren't being honest. Ben & Jerry's and Liz Cheney are other recent examples since you seem to be struggling with this

Reactions: silasstarr
Not surprised you have no clue but you just can't deny many on the right have been very triggered by anthem kneelers and Rapinoe, there are threads where snowflakes admit to rooting against the US because of it. The fact these 2 benefitted financially from the backlash of the right's outrage in the long run is totally irrelevant. I bet the cake maker did too.

If you can't acknowledge the right loves themselves some cancel culture too you just aren't being honest. Ben & Jerry's and Liz Cheney are other recent examples since you seem to be struggling with this
Holy shit. I JUST DID ADMIT IT. Read, ya Moran.

Wait…you think the right wing got Al Franken “fired”?

First, Franken resigned. Second and most importantly it was at the urging of Dems led by the lunatic Gillebrand as a huge overreaction to the non existent “me too” nonsense..
Certainly did. Where did the accusations originate from? Who banged the drums the loudest leading up to his resignation? A simple search will reveal that.

No doubt many on the left gleefully piled on, but the trouble he experienced certainly didn’t organically begin there.

I just want to point out that I got more likes on my OP than I have in probably 2 years. I am super proud of myself...😆

Reactions: mooresville hawk
Certainly did. Where did the accusations originate from? Who banged the drums the loudest leading up to his resignation? A simple search will reveal that.

No doubt many on the left gleefully piled on, but the trouble he experienced certainly didn’t organically begin there.
Here’s a good one from my simple search.

I did see that clip.

Without going through the whole thread, my issue is that they are going after people for stuff that happened 10+ years ago or more.

Maher talks about changing standards and that's part of it but even if the standards were the same than as they are now, even if what they did then was totally inappropriate at the time, my question is why are we so committed to attacking and punishing people for what they did decades ago?

I mean you have people getting taken down because they where bullies in school. Hold a grudge much? I was an actually bullied kid and I don't hold nearly as much grudge against my bullies as apparently some other people do. I am assuming that where-ever they are they have grown out of that. And if I'm wrong about that than that is sad. But I'm guessing if they havn't grown out of that, than they probably arn't getting these kind of jobs in the first place.

The list of misdeeds that one should continue to be punished for 10 years after the fact is IMO very small and should be limited mostly to serious violent/sexual crimes.

I mean if people never changed than it might make sense but people are constantly changing, constantly growing. I'm far from the same person I was 10 years ago and am ages away from the person I was 20 years ago.

Reactions: strummingram
LMAO. But why, Tray-Dizzle?

I'm actually built like a traditional Iowa TE. 6'5 250.

@Rudolph, @Herkmeister, and Mrs. Tradition will attest.
I'd do ya!!!

iu

• Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT