ADVERTISEMENT

Major disappointment - Gaetz wins primary & likely re-elected

Finance85

HB Legend
Oct 22, 2003
Matt Gaetz won his primary in the 1st Congressional District of Florida yesterday. Unfortunately, that means he'll likely be re-elected. I don't know what is wrong with people. Approximately 25% turnout in the 3 counties Gaetz represents.

WEARTV - MIRAMAR BEACH, Fla. -- Rep. Matt Gaetz defeated Republican challengerAaron Dimmock in Tuesday's Florida primary election.

Gaetz earned 70% of the vote to Dimmock's 30%.

"This is my biggest win ever. I think we're gonna end up with about 73% of the vote," said Gaetz. "And that shows that the people in this district want a fighting congressman -- someone who will battle the corrupt swamp of Washington, D.C. I fight against those special interests who want open borders and endless spending. And to have people agree with that message and to trust me to carry it, it only makes me want to do an even better job for them."

Gaetz and Dimmock -- a Navy veteran -- took part in contentious election campaigns, where each attacked their opponent's background.

Gaetz is trash, but we can at least rest assured that his own party hates him for the chaos he caused with McCarthy. They won't be doing him many favors, and it doesn't seem likely they will cover for him if the law starts looking into the various allegations against him. Will be fun to watch them chew up and spit out one of their own.

On a somewhat related note, apparently Florida had school board elections last night and many DeSantis backed candidates lost.

Why a Governor would get involved with local school board elections is a bit puzzling to me?
Who does he think he is??? Dim Kim Reynolds?

We are doomed if people continue to not participate in elections.

Don't blame me. I throw my vote into the Ioway red trash sea even though it's like pissing into the wind.

giphy.gif

I have no idea who his opponent is? If he’s more moderate that Gaetz, his loss was a foregone conclusion. If he’s further to the right, Gaetz winning might be considered good news.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Doesn’t matter.

The cesspool that is DC corrupts these clowns by the time they’ve finished their first term.

Another case that just drives home how destructive gerrymandering is. Barring a seismic shift in demographics, Gaetz isn’t ever losing in the general election. The only threat he’ll ever face is from his own party.

I completely forgot to vote yesterday. Realized it at 8 last night. I’m a poor excuse for a responsible citizen.

Another case that just drives home how destructive gerrymandering is. Barring a seismic shift in demographics, Gaetz isn’t ever losing in the general election. The only threat he’ll ever face is from his own party.

I don't think gerrymandering is to blame in this case. The borders of FL-01 are pretty reasonable.

It's just a Trumpy area. It's the "Redneck Riviera." Gaetz is perceived as being one of Trump's Guys and has an advantage in name recognition--which is key in local races.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
This has absolutely nothing to do with gerrymandering. I'm not sure why you would think that.

We are doomed if people continue to not participate in elections.
LOL, you'd have voted for him if he was running in Iowa's 3rd district. No way you'd vote for a decent guy and veteran like Lanon Baccam over the most despicable Republican.

How is the panhandle of Florida gerrymandered?

That area is southern conservatives that for years were joined by retired military.

Okaloosa county, in the middle of the panhandle, voted 67% for Dubya in 2000.

This is something that confuses MAGA

I've asked and not gotten a clear answer, so I must assume mud-slinging is all they really want. The ol' "We need someone that fights back against the liberals" shtick.

Dude is one election away from retiring on the tax payer dime with nothing to show for it in Congress. Panhandle Steve King.

• Sad
Reactions: billanole
You mean Matt Gaetz, the guy that ran screaming and crying like a little girl in panick, fleeing the House during January 6th coup attempt? You mean that chicken s***?
Sounds like you were there, shall we alert the FBI?

I've asked and not gotten a clear answer, so I must assume mud-slinging is all they really want. The ol' "We need someone that fights back against the liberals" shtick.

Dude is one election away from retiring on the tax payer dime with nothing to show for it in Congress. Panhandle Steve King.
Nothing to show for it.
Maybe his office provides good service to his constituents… who knows.
He can always point to a record of being a low life social miscreant who has contributed to a national divide amongst citizens.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT