ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Robinson may be about to go though some things

Bingo. This isn't terribly difficult to grasp but apparently so above.

Look … I really don’t like DT Barnum. He’s a stain on our country.

That written, I have a hard time believing that there are any significant number of voters who will not go to the polls on voting day because they dislike Robinson and, thus, significantly impair DT Barnum’s chances in NC.

DT Barnum isn’t riding Robinson’s coattails … if anything, it’s the other way. Robinson benefits from DT Barnum’s candidacy.

Does it help him? Absolutely not.
Is it a “disaster” for him? I’m very dubious of any such claim.

Look … I really don’t like DT Barnum. He’s a stain on our country.

That written, I have a hard time believing that there are any significant number of voters who will not go to the polls on voting day because they dislike Robinson and, thus, significantly impair DT Barnum’s chances in NC.

DT Barnum isn’t riding Robinson’s coattails … if anything, it’s the other way. Robinson benefits from DT Barnum’s candidacy.

Does it help him? Absolutely not.
Is it a “disaster” for him? I’m very dubious of any such claim.
At least based on the few hardcore trumpers I know well, there is really nothing that would mean they wouldn't vote for him. They say Robinson "has nothing to do with Trump" and "he doesn't know anything about Project 2025, that is all made up by the left" and "Loomer lied to get into his camp, he realized she is crazy and got rid of her." They think he won debate even, or a couple say Kamala had an earpiece in giving her answers.

At least based on the few hardcore trumpers I know well, there is really nothing that would mean they wouldn't vote for him. They say Robinson "has nothing to do with Trump" and "he doesn't know anything about Project 2025, that is all made up by the left" and "Loomer lied to get into his camp, he realized she is crazy and got rid of her." They think he won debate even, or a couple say Kamala had an earpiece in giving her answers.
But that’s the point. We have a ridiculously low voter turnout rate even when turnout is high. People find all kinds of reasons not to vote. Anyone who is a “hardcore trumper” isn’t staying home - they’re hardcore. Nobody is saying all GOP voters will stay home now, obviously that’s not true, but will the lack of a legitimate gubernatorial race mean some stay home who would have pulled the Trump lever? It’s certainly possible. All of this stuff with Robertson certainly isn’t going to gain Trump any additional votes. Maybe it’ll be a nothing, but it could hurt him a little….and a little might be enough if the race is close.

The mental gymnastics it takes for his supporters to justify their support is staggering.

Stuff like this is why I laugh everytime republicans claim to be holier than tho.
There has been decent reporting and polling that suggests they really aren't pretending that they care about ethics and values anymore, it is all justified by the outsized power they wield. They aren't interested in giving that up over a rapist with 34 felony convictions and massive civil judgements against him.

• Sad
Reactions: sober_teacher
Trump is in NC again, and again no Mark Robinson. He's cut out the man he vigorously supported. If anything I assume this helps Trump. Robinson is going to lose, but it's one more notch in the victim belt for the MAGAs. "They are attacking Trump because of what this guy he doesn't even know said"!

So, Robinson was treated for 2nd degree burns after leaning up against a truck?

But that’s the point. We have a ridiculously low voter turnout rate even when turnout is high. People find all kinds of reasons not to vote. Anyone who is a “hardcore trumper” isn’t staying home - they’re hardcore. Nobody is saying all GOP voters will stay home now, obviously that’s not true, but will the lack of a legitimate gubernatorial race mean some stay home who would have pulled the Trump lever? It’s certainly possible. All of this stuff with Robertson certainly isn’t going to gain Trump any additional votes. Maybe it’ll be a nothing, but it could hurt him a little….and a little might be enough if the race is close.
There is a significant percentage of Republicans that do not like Trump but will vote for him simply because he's a Republican. They really need something to pull them to the polls and, after Trump in NC, that's the governor's race. Robinson is not going to do that...the folks who don't like Trump but will vote for him anyway are repulsed by Robinson. This will definitely affect the GOP turnout and, as close as NC is, it wouldn't take much.

Weeelllll...he might just have "the ability to connect with voters in a way that, quite frankly, scares them...". His new bumper sticker, btw...

Show_Me_Your_Butthole_-_Die_Cut__28175.1635103076.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT