ADVERTISEMENT

**Maryland @ Iowa Prediction Thread**

Mar 14, 2003
So the next two weeks are critical for Iowa football. In regards to Maryland and Indiana, I sort of get that "ugh" feeling I get with Iowa State. I don't like the matchup of their O vs our D. Maryland has been salty vs the run lately as well. CJB probably will not be 100%. Maryland will be a big challenge as far as running the ball and a running QB go.

Got a bad feeling boys....

Maryland - 28 Iowa - 24

I hope I am wrong

Reactions: Cwhoward
image.jpg

So the next two weeks are critical for Iowa football. In regards to Maryland and Indiana, I sort of get that "ugh" feeling I get with Iowa State. I don't like the matchup of their O vs our D. Maryland has been salty vs the run lately as well. CJB probably will not be 100%. Maryland will be a big challenge as far as running the ball and a running QB go.

Maryland - 28 Iowa - 24

I hope I am wrong

Don't worry, you will be. Iowa will wear down and then demoralize Maryland in route to a 21 point victory.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Iowa coming off a bue week. Hope KF has the boys ready for this one. I think the offense gets rolling early and the defense frustrated Maryland until late.
Iowa 38
Maryland 24

....and OK we get your schtick ...... start a prediction thread every Sunday morning wherein you predict that the Hawks lose. Very cute.

That way if they win, he can come on here and post three new threads about how happy he is that his gut was wrong. And if they lose he can start four I told you this was a dangerous game threads. There is no way he can lose!

Maryland - 28 Iowa - 24

I hope I am wrong

What a stugots............

I think the Hawks will roll in this one. The 1st half will be fairly close and we will control the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball.

Iowa-38
Maryland- 17

I LOVE the intangibles for this game:

- Fired up crowd with a high ranking Hawk team coming home after the impressive outing at NU
- Two weeks to heal....two weeks to add a few wrinkles in the game plan that Maryland has not seen...my bet is in the passing game
- Maryland playing in Kinnick the first time....and very few non black and gold outfits in the stands(except Halloween costumes). Plenty of "sheet these guys are close to the field!" comments.
- Maryland spent a ton of emotional energy Saturday against their rival and lost....can they turn that back on??
- I don't think we will take them for granted.....last year's loss and the game against Penn State yesterday will be fresh in the minds of the coaches and players.

Be loud and proud Hawk fans....a beautiful 2:30 start!!

Go Hawks!!!

Maryland - 28 Iowa - 24

I hope I am wrong

You seem to always have 'bad' feelings, and you are pretty much always wrong.
I already made my prediction in another thread, but I'll make it 'official'. Iowa 45 - The Marys - 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAGuy
OP,

I see you are starting the same old "got a bad feeling" and "I hope I am wrong" thread. Try thinking positive for a change.

140228_2750477_Debbie_Downer_s_Oscar_Jam_anvver_2.jpg

Not even I have a bad feeling about the Maryland game, and I am the ultimate pessimist.

Indiana and Debbie is a different story.

I think we want revenge for last year. Hawks playing with swagger and confidence.
Iowa pounds them 38-10.

These are the type of statements a loser says.

....and OK we get your schtick ...... start a prediction thread every Sunday morning wherein you predict that the Hawks lose. Very cute.
Are you sure you're right about this? I mean, I know you're always right, but I'm just confirming.

I LOVE the intangibles for this game:

- Fired up crowd with a high ranking Hawk team coming home after the impressive outing at NU
- Two weeks to heal....two weeks to add a few wrinkles in the game plan that Maryland has not seen...my bet is in the passing game
- Maryland playing in Kinnick the first time....and very few non black and gold outfits in the stands(except Halloween costumes). Plenty of "sheet these guys are close to the field!" comments.
- Maryland spent a ton of emotional energy Saturday against their rival and lost....can they turn that back on??
- I don't think we will take them for granted.....last year's loss and the game against Penn State yesterday will be fresh in the minds of the coaches and players.

Be loud and proud Hawk fans....a beautiful 2:30 start!!

Go Hawks!!!
So we agree with everything you said. Now give us a score prediction Snoop Lion.

48 - Hawkeyes
24 - Turtles

That skinny kid from NJ, I think his name is Akrum or something, he starts getting Heisman mention after this. High & Tight AW, HIGH & F'ING TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!;)

Maryland - 28 Iowa - 24

I hope I am wrong

IMO your bad feeling is wrong and so is your prediction.

Hawks 35
Terps- 13

GO HAWKS

Iowa's running game has been clicking against better defenses than Maryland's. Iowa gets things rolling and Maryland's defense throws in the towel between the middle of the third and early in the fourth quarter. 45-13 Hawks.

They did play pen state tough, but penn state is Jekyll and Hyde it seems week to week.
With op stating this, I do agree somewhat on the bad feeling lean....

1. Bye week. All things point good with resting and healing...but we have come out sluggish in the past here...
  2. Md has new coach. Seems like they should be disorganized, down, etc, but look at Illinois and their semi turnaround... And they played psu tough...
  3. Md has nothing to lose. We do. We need to act like this is the end all be all game. Do that each week starting Saturday.
  4. Top ten now. Don't let that go to the head too much...

But we win it still and put my 4 pts to bed :)

Iowa 34
Md 17

Even though Maryland's program is in a state of flux, they gave PSU all they wanted. The Terps have much more speed than any other team we have faced this year. Our LB's will determine the outcome. Iowa-35/Terps28

Even though Maryland's program is in a state of flux, they gave PSU all they wanted. The Terps have much more speed than any other team we have faced this year. Our LB's will determine the outcome. Iowa-35/Terps28
I realize Penn State is 6-2, but have you looked at their schedule? Their best win is probably Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT