ADVERTISEMENT

Massage chairs

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Anyone have one? I tried one as part of a marketing thing and it was quite nice on the back. There is a vast range of prices. Seems like a rare enough splurge where I do not see a lot of reliable analysis of them. If you have a family of people 6 feet tall or under, do you have one you like? Are there brands to avoid? Features you like or could do without?

1yc60a.gif

Anyone have one? I tried one as part of a marketing thing and it was quite nice on the back. There is a vast range of prices. Seems like a rare enough splurge where I do not see a lot of reliable analysis of them. If you have a family of people 6 feet tall or under, do you have one you like? Are there brands to avoid? Features you like or could do without?
Massage chair? Chair? What ever happened to 7 year olds!

When I moved I had a friend offer me one. Initially I turned it down bc the “leather” was kind of chewed up. I ended up finding some groovy afghans to cover it with so I accepted the chair and I’m happy I did. It has different settings, different intensities, and a heat seating. It is my go to chair in my music room.

My parents are suckers for stuff at County Fairs. They bought a $6K massaging chair. Would I buy one? nope. But it's nice to sit in when I visit. The kids love it. It has the pillows on the arms and legs that inflate really tight and release and has a bunch of cool functions. My parents do it every day and swear by it. But they're in their 70's and don't have much else to do.

My parents are suckers for stuff at County Fairs. They bought a $6K massaging chair. Would I buy one? nope. But it's nice to sit in when I visit. The kids love it. It has the pillows on the arms and legs that inflate really tight and release and has a bunch of cool functions. My parents do it every day and swear by it. But they're in their 70's and don't have much else to do.
Yeah, everyone seems to say they wouldn't buy one themselves, but they love the shit out of the ones at relatives' houses...

Reactions: Moral
sounds like we have similar parents.
honestly though, I will probably buy one. They are great, it cracks my back just as well as a chiropractor (sorry clarinda) but it does. Also the spot massage works out most of the knots.
I'm terrible at falling asleep but those put me out every time. I just need to find a chair for extra wide shoulders.

sounds like we have similar parents.
honestly though, I will probably buy one. They are great, it cracks my back just as well as a chiropractor (sorry clarinda) but it does. Also the spot massage works out most of the knots.
I'm terrible at falling asleep but those put me out every time. I just need to find a chair for extra wide shoulders.
If the 1974 in your handle is your birthyear, we are about in the same boat. I have never been to a chiropractor, but when I was in high school, one of my girlfriends went to a chiropractor and was all into back cracking. She was super hot and I wanted to get my hands on her every chance I could, so I was all about it. Ever since, I have found cracking the back to help now and then when I feel "askew," as I call it. Since my wife and I are 49 and not horny teenagers, she is not as enthused about cracking my back as I was 30 some years ago. So this massage chair seems like a nice little item to have in the spa/home gym arsenal...

If the 1974 in your handle is your birthyear, we are about in the same boat. I have never been to a chiropractor, but when I was in high school, one of my girlfriends went to a chiropractor and was all into back cracking. She was super hot and I wanted to get my hands on her every chance I could, so I was all about it. Ever since, I have found cracking the back to help now and then when I feel "askew," as I call it. Since my wife and I are 49 and not horny teenagers, she is not as enthused about cracking my back as I was 30 some years ago. So this massage chair seems like a nice little item to have in the spa/home gym arsenal...
when that roller travels over my vertebrae, i can feel cracks most of the way up. Only issue I've ever had with the chair was shaking loose a kidney stone.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT