• Miracle Whip

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Depends what I'm eating

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I'm softer than baby s**t and don't like mayo

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
dukes_mayo-a50d88961c9c4966b1e1beacdbd5c96c.jpg

Mayo and I will kill anyone that says otherwise.

My entire life, my parents used miracle whip and i HATED anything mayonaise based. Mayo, potato salad, ****ing whatever, BLTs, Deviled Eggs hated them. I would gag every time.

I realized later that my entire life I had thought Miracle Whip and Mayo were the same thing, bc my parents just called Miracle Whip mayo.

I feel like I've missed out so much on life and Miracle Whip is not allowed in my house. Not now, not ever.

Miracle whip? That stuff 80’s moms slathered on turkeys to make them crispy on the outside? I’m good

My entire life, my parents used miracle whip and i HATED anything mayonaise based. Mayo, potato salad, ****ing whatever, BLTs, Deviled Eggs hated them. I would gag every time.

I realized later that my entire life I had thought Miracle Whip and Mayo were the same thing, bc my parents just called Miracle Whip mayo.

I feel like I've missed out so much on life and Miracle Whip is not allowed in my house. Not now, not ever.

I could have practically told this story. Looks like we have some shared childhood trauma.

I prefer Mayo mostly but I like Miracle Whip with egg salad (for some reason not deviled eggs) and I think the tanginess of MW balances the salty, and earthy ingredients of a BLT.

I'm the opposite. We didn't have ranch dressing or mayo in the house or on/in anything growing up. I assumed both were disgusting and wouldn't eat it. Finally tried both in my 30s and feel like I basically wasted 15 years of life.

Reactions: McLovin32 and Moral
I’ve always wondered how Miracle Whip managed to get such a large market share. I suspect the majority of us grew up in homes with Miracle Whip rather than Mayo.

Reactions: Moral
I'm the opposite. We didn't have ranch dressing or mayo in the house or on/in anything growing up. I assumed both were disgusting and wouldn't eat it. Finally tried both in my 30s and feel like I basically wasted 15 years of life.
I used to love ranch but now i hate it. it takes over the flavor of everything.

Reactions: McLovin32 and Moral
I’ve always wondered how Miracle Whip managed to get such a large market share. I suspect the majority of us grew up in homes with Miracle Whip rather than Mayo.
Those commercials in the 90’s made it seem cool, but I still hated it.

Reactions: Moral
Used to love miracle whip as a kid and would only have mayo in certain dishes.
Now I can’t stand miracle whip and will only use mayo.

Reactions: millah_22
I'm not a mayo purist by any means, but I'd basically rate it Hellmann's > Dukes >>>> Store brand.

Dukes is fine, I don't hate it, but I prefer Hellmann's
I agree, I tried Dukes after it as all the rage on HORT a few years ago. It's okay. Hellmann's is still the gold standard. One could buy cheaper stuff but why?

Speaking of Miracle whip. . . has anyone actually tried using it for it's stated purpose "Salad Dressing"???

Because that sounds nauseating.

Never. I don't even hate it like some and I'll still never try it.

I remember my parents had Miracle whip when I was a kid and reading it say "salad dressing" but we used it as mayo. I just thought it was really odd and I've never heard of anyone using it for salad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT