ADVERTISEMENT

Mayor Pete needs to come clean about his time at McKinsey Consulting

Hawk It Up

HR All-American
Sep 1, 2019
or this is has the chance of blowing up in his face. His time there may have been completely innocuous. Or, perhaps not. But he needs to explain it.

McKinsey has done a ton of work with Trump's ICE. And the narrative is not good.

ICE quickly redirected McKinsey toward helping the agency figure out how to execute the White House’s clampdown on illegal immigration.

But the money-saving recommendations the consultants came up with made some career ICE workers uncomfortable. They proposed cuts in spending on food for migrants, as well as on medical care and supervision of detainees, according to interviews with people who worked on the project for both ICE and McKinsey and 1,500 pages of documents obtained from the agency after ProPublica filed a lawsuit under the Freedom of Information Act.

McKinsey’s team also looked for ways to accelerate the deportation process, provoking worries among some ICE staff members that the recommendations risked short-circuiting due-process protections for migrants fighting removal from the United States. The consultants, three people who worked on the project said, seemed focused solely on cutting costs and speeding up deportations — actions whose success could be measured in numbers — with little acknowledgment that these policies affected thousands of human beings.

Like I said, his time there may be a non-subject. But apparently he is the biggest recipient of McKinsey Consulting employee's campaign donations and hosted a fundraiser for them last month.

There is a lot more to read here at ProPublica.

And here is a story at HuffPo that talks about Buttigieg's time there his refusal to answer questions.

Reactions: Rudolph
"Come clean."

Give me a break.

Come clean about your time at some job you had, OP who just showed up in September like people do totally innocuously.
I'm not running for POTUS. And no company I've ever worked with has advocated denying immigrants food and care.

Nor have I hosted a fundraiser for employees of a company that has advocated those things.

OP is showing what the Dems are going to use on Pete B. Very interesting
All he has to do is answer the questions. He is using an NDA as a shield. While he is hosting fundraisers and taking donations from their employees.

Look, the story is just breaking in the last day or so. Nobody, particularly myself, has had time to digest all of it. As well, Pete won't talk about it. As I said, it could be a complete nothingburger. We don't know. He does, though.

Another day, another negative Buttigieg post from the OP. I has to get exhausting. We get it, you don't like the guy. You're almost as bad as iahwkfbbbfn...

Reactions: Tom Paris
Another day, another negative Buttigieg post from the OP. I has to get exhausting. We get it, you don't like the guy. You're almost as bad as iahwkfbbbfn...
Dude. I didn't do the investigation. I didn't write the article.

This is something that is pretty important considering the wall, the immigrants and the children that have gone missing.

I happen to think Buttigieg needs to explain his time there. If you want to stick your head in the sand, feel free.

This is something that is pretty important considering the wall, the immigrants and the children that have gone missing.

I happen to think Buttigieg needs to explain his time there. If you want to stick your head in the sand, feel free.

And you don't post about him every day either...oh wait nevermind, you actually do.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf

And why do YOU think he needs to explain his time there? You aren't voting for him, so what does it matter to you?

And you don't post about him every day either...oh wait nevermind, you actually do.
So effin' what. He's running to be the President of the United States. If he was involved in something sketchy at McKinsey (because we goddamn well know THEY are) we deserve to know it.

Look, he'd (and you) had better get some tougher skin. Because it's going to get worse as this goes on if he remains anywhere near the top of the list.

And why do YOU think he needs to explain his time there? You aren't voting for him, so what does it matter to you?
Because he is a public official.

Do you think we should know if Trump is leaning on Ukraine? If you didn't vote for him, what does it matter, right?

C’mon, Hawk. You are dead set on the guy. That is your perogitive of course.

Reactions: Tom Paris
C’mon, Hawk. You are dead set on the guy. That is your perogitive of course.
I actually said the other day I'd quickly support a Biden/Pete ticket. I said it would be quite formidable.

But I am a realist. He has close to zero support in an extremely important and supportive demographic of the Democratic Party. And a lot, hell virtually all of it is his own doing.

Now this.

So effin' what. He's running to be the President of the United States. If he was involved in something sketchy at McKinsey (because we goddamn well know THEY are) we deserve to know it.

Look, he'd (and you) had better get some tougher skin. Because it's going to get worse as this goes on if he remains anywhere near the top of the list.

Lol I'm the one that needs tougher skin, eh? Pete's clearing gotten under yours. I guess that's a good sign, but I still don't understand your obsession. There's so many better things you could be doing with your time.

I actually said the other day I'd quickly support a Biden/Pete ticket. I said it would be quite formidable.

But I am a realist. He has close to zero support in an extremely important and supportive demographic of the Democratic Party. And a lot, hell virtually all of it is his own doing.

Now this.

Lol at "Now this."

"This" is nothing, and you know it.

He's the mayor of a town I have no part of, and this looks to be a complete non-story. Keep reaching...
Did you read the part where I said his time there may be innocuous? I hope it is. But he needs to talk about this.

Or, he can remain quiet and the other candidates will rip him to shreds. Something like this, now that stories are breaking, are best to get in front of rather than be confronted.

Reactions: naturalmwa
If all the cons stopped posting here, you lefties would be at each other's throats in a week.

Did you read the part where I said his time there may be innocuous? I hope it is. But he needs to talk about this.

Or, he can remain quiet and the other candidates will rip him to shreds. Something like this, now that stories are breaking, are best to get in front of rather than be confronted.

I'm sure you hope it's nothing. Ok, that's about all the time I can spend here. I will patiently await your anti-Pete posts tomorrow.

Reactions: unIowa

Now this.
Creepy uncle Joe and a gay feller? Good Luck.

I think the fact that he got in, was there through the depths of the recession and then bailed in 3 years probably tells us what we need to know. His client list is being kept under wraps by the NDA. I also don't really see anything to believe he had much influence over anything in that company. Collecting a paycheck from a place doesn't make a carte blanche endorsement of everything a company does. Half the people on this board probably wouldn't have to think too hard to name some things about their company they find unsavory.

or this is has the chance of blowing up in his face. His time there may have been completely innocuous. Or, perhaps not. But he needs to explain it.

McKinsey has done a ton of work with Trump's ICE. And the narrative is not good.

ICE quickly redirected McKinsey toward helping the agency figure out how to execute the White House’s clampdown on illegal immigration.

But the money-saving recommendations the consultants came up with made some career ICE workers uncomfortable. They proposed cuts in spending on food for migrants, as well as on medical care and supervision of detainees, according to interviews with people who worked on the project for both ICE and McKinsey and 1,500 pages of documents obtained from the agency after ProPublica filed a lawsuit under the Freedom of Information Act.

McKinsey’s team also looked for ways to accelerate the deportation process, provoking worries among some ICE staff members that the recommendations risked short-circuiting due-process protections for migrants fighting removal from the United States. The consultants, three people who worked on the project said, seemed focused solely on cutting costs and speeding up deportations — actions whose success could be measured in numbers — with little acknowledgment that these policies affected thousands of human beings.

Like I said, his time there may be a non-subject. But apparently he is the biggest recipient of McKinsey Consulting employee's campaign donations and hosted a fundraiser for them last month.

There is a lot more to read here at ProPublica.

And here is a story at HuffPo that talks about Buttigieg's time there his refusal to answer questions.
We get it, you really don’t like anyone but Biden.

I have worked with McKinsey folks on multiple engagements in multiple companies. In my experience they have been highly ethical, incredibly smart and hardworking.

Further, in a past life I was a consultant at one of their top competitors (BCG) and we had multiple folks who were ex McKinsey on staff - also amazing and no hint of unethical behavior.

I have no idea why you would paint everyone who worked there with a broad brush over an issue a very large consultancy has with one client.

Consultants.
For $1,000,000 I can tell you how to save $500,000.
consultingdemotivator_grande.jpeg

Unless I hear more, this is a big stretch for me. McKinsey does a lot of work with a lot of orgs. The fact that they had a few ppl getting paid to produce something sketchy doesn’t surprise me. And from what I know of McKinsey, the work was likely 98% done by 3-4 smart recent grads in their early 20s.

"Come clean."

Give me a break.

Come clean about your time at some job you had, OP who just showed up in September like people do totally innocuously.

OP is a Russian asset trying to derail the candidates that have the best chance of beating Trump. I pointed this out weeks ago and nothing comrade Hawk It Up has contributed since has changed my mind.

Trump targeted Biden early bc Vlad told him to as he knows Biden is likely to win the Dem nomination and there is enough dirt on him for Trump to beat him. Meaning Trump and Vlad are holding back dirt on Biden and it will be released (just like Hillary's dirt) was in the run up the November vote and shockingly OP has a big time hard on for Biden. Dude is clearly into the Smirnoff and sucking at the tit of mother Russia.

If it's nothing, why is it a story in the NYT, HuffPo and probably other news orgs tomorrow?

Because those outlets are unwitting pawns in Putins plan to reelect Trump. Putin knows Trump won't be able to handle Pete on the debate stage and that is why you keep pushing these narratives.

Didn't Biden help write and vote for the 1994 crime bill the resulted in the locking up and keeping locked up of hundreds of thousands of POC? I mean if we are going to go all Nebraska fan and look back into history we might as well hold Joe responsible for the current injustices that Joe Biden helped to ingrain into our criminal justice system...what a bigot that Joe is.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Yep. Mayor Pete has been under attack since he went to the top of some polls. There's something to this idea of attacking their own.

Gaining/keeping political power must be more important to the DNC old guard than beating Trump...sad.

I follow a few far left political Twitter people and they all hate Pete.

Honestly, I think that's a good sign. I don't want the far right or the far left getting their way. We're a nation of 300+ million people who cover the entirety of the political spectrum and I think major initiatives should have some level of broad-based support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT