ADVERTISEMENT

McNamara Remains the Starter Despite Turnovers, Lack of Production

I will be honest, I’m not sure I have been more apathetic towards an Iowa football game than I am this week. A buddy texted me last week after half time, he was shocked I had turned off the game. I don’t ever remember doing that outside of Nevada at 2 AM.

The whole program is stale at this point. And I have gotten to the point where any time we play a top 25 team, I can pretty much know it won’t be super competitive because the offense can’t do anything.
We should have beaten Iowa State, they are ranked number 11.

This is about the time last year I checked out due to KF’s inexplicable decision making. It’s just not fun to watch anymore. I’ll be checking in on scores, but I’ve got way more important shit to do than watch Iowa football. Sucks to be here, but we’re here.
We all know what you're up to...

Craft Knitting GIF by 60 Second Docs

Having players on the field that gives you the best chance to win. How many times do we have to hear that pile of crap?
How about if Cades not effective Lester trots out Sullivan but doesn't tell KF. Suddenly he's out there what's KF going to do ? Write down on his notepad what happened and chew gum furiously?
Chew out Lester but he was looking for a job when he got this one.

I think the only two ways we see much of Sullivan this weekend is injury to Cade, or we are behind 21-3 at half and looking bad on offense then maybe he makes a switch at half. At that point there is really nothing else to lose.

I think the only two ways we see much of Sullivan this weekend is injury to Cade, or we are behind 21-3 at half and looking bad on offense then maybe he makes a switch at half. At that point there is really nothing else to lose.
Switch at half? KF is still head coach and dont forget.....Cade gives us the best chance to win.

S
Pushing out a winning coach is never a good idea. Ask Debbie. Kirk is no Pelini in temperment. Besides, Kirk is too close to catching Woody Hayes.
o you keep an old coach with again a bottom 5 passing game so he can catch Woody Hayes? Thats what’s best for the program?

Agree to Cade injury, but otherwise Ferentz will stick with Cade the entire game except maybe red zone and running clock out.

Why? Why should they have beaten Iowa State? This inability to accept a loss to Iowa State is ridiculous. They beat Iowa fair and square at Kinnick and would likely win at least half the games if the 2 teams played 10 times on a neutral field. The biggest difference between the 2 teams is a QB and receivers that are light years better than Iowa's. Everything else is pretty even.

Why? Why should they have beaten Iowa State? This inability to accept a loss to Iowa State is ridiculous. They beat Iowa fair and square at Kinnick and would likely win at least half the games if the 2 teams played 10 times on a neutral field. The biggest difference between the 2 teams is a QB and receivers that are light years better than Iowa's. Everything else is pretty even.
Agree. You can woulda, coulda, shoulda it all you want but they flat out lost.
And I also agree that the primary reasons are due to an immobile qb with a weak arm, mediocre to poor wr corps and an overall sub par passing game. Being better than last year doesn't mean that it's any good. Because it's not.

Iowa blew a 2 score lead for like the 3rd time in 80 games. They pissed that game down their legs on several fronts, including McNamaras godawful INT and Kirk’s woeful clock management, along with our all American DB getting torched in improbable fashion.

Iowa blew a 2 score lead for like the 3rd time in 80 games. They pissed that game down their legs on several fronts, including McNamaras godawful INT and Kirk’s woeful clock management, along with our all American DB getting torched in improbable fashion.
That's what happens when your passing game collects 23 yards along with 2 ints over the final 3 quarters of play.

Agree. You can woulda, coulda, shoulda it all you want but they flat out lost.
And I also agree that the primary reasons are due to an immobile qb with a weak arm, mediocre to poor wr corps and an overall sub par passing game. Being better than last year doesn't mean that it's any good. Because it's not.
Sub Par is being incredibly gracious, but yeah.

I wonder if Lester returns next season.
You have asked a way more pertinent question than many here probably realize. The answer I think has much to do with how things play out Saturday and the rest of the season. We have reached a turning point in many ways.

Lester seems young enough and competent enough to have options if he made the decision to move on if his hands remain tied and we continue to struggle offensively. He also I think has a future here under a Wallace or Woods coaching regime. Whether he will want to wait for Kirk to leave the scene seems a very open question.

How about if Cades not effective Lester trots out Sullivan but doesn't tell KF. Suddenly he's out there what's KF going to do ? Write down on his notepad what happened and chew gum furiously?
Chew out Lester but he was looking for a job when he got this one.
Fire Lester is one thing he could do

I will be honest, I’m not sure I have been more apathetic towards an Iowa football game than I am this week. A buddy texted me last week after half time, he was shocked I had turned off the game. I don’t ever remember doing that outside of Nevada at 2 AM.

The whole program is stale at this point. And I have gotten to the point where any time we play a top 25 team, I can pretty much know it won’t be super competitive because the offense can’t do anything.
this is where I am at as well, it's just not fun anymore.

I’d rather lose out so Kirk can basically get pushed out. That’s where many of us are unfortunately..
I couldn't disagree more. I NEVER want the Hawks to lose. In anything. Never, ever. I never liked Steve Alford and was glad to see him go, but I always wanted the team to win when he was the coach.

Not true at all. Lots and lots of coaches actually speak the way they know everybody saw the game play out. Actually expressing disappointment.

Kirk is on another level with his “I thought our guys competed. They played hard.”
Most lame, tiresome shit ever.
Same drivel every time. Haven't watched a press conference (outside of a couple BF ones and the Nebraska clapping one) in a decade. They're essentially pointless and only make those who question him even angrier afterwards.

To your point, yeah, I've seen a lot of coach press conferences where something important is being said or some insight is being gained. With KF, it's just rationale that only he agrees with and really, up until the BF fiasco, that was accepted. Obviously, he is much more properly scrutinized now for his actions, or lack thereof, and I'm all for it. People keep doing stupid shit, they should get called out for it. We all experience it in our professions most likely, why is he above that?

You don't actually believe they're the #11 team in the country do you?

You're right, we should've beaten them. That's on KF. It would've saved the nation of having to endure the preposterousness of ISU being ranked that high for doing essentially nothing, except beating us apparently.

You don't actually believe they're the #11 team in the country do you?

You're right, we should've beaten them. That's on KF. It would've saved the nation of having to endure the preposterousness of ISU being ranked that high for doing essentially nothing, except beating us apparently.
That’s irrelevant. Thats what they’re ranked so that’s what they are. Could we have beaten them? Yes. Should we have beaten them? Probably but you can’t just quit playing and expect to win games. Iowa St never quit fighting and we didn’t do anything for an entire 2nd half. Oh, and Iowa St realized there’s a thing called the forward pass which we don’t know about yet. It helped them win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT