ADVERTISEMENT

Media availability on July 15. Traore's CRAZY Athleticism. Owen showed off his expanded game. "Hawkeyes just look so much more athletic"

David Eickholt of 24/7 reported at the last media availability (July 8) that he wouldn't be surprised to see Traore start at the 4.

Eliot Clough of Rivals wrote today that Traore might be too good to keep off the floor.

Of their top 10 players, Iowa has just 2 seniors.

I posted this on June 5, wondering if this would be the rotations:

Starting 5:
6’3” PG Drew Thelwell (SR)
6'5" SG Josh Dix (JR)
6'7" F Payton Sandfort (SR)
6’7” PF Seydou Traore (SO)
6'10" C Owen Freeman (SO)

Next 5 off the bench:
6'0" PG Brock Harding (SO)
6'7" F Cooper Koch (FR)
6'7" F Pryce Sandfort (SO)
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele (SO)
6'8" PF Chris Tadjo (FR)

Other 2 scholarship players:
6'11" C Riley Mulvey (JR)
6'9" F/C Even Brauns (SR)

Seydou Traore is originally from Mali in West Africa. His parents are Abraham Traore & Mariam Sylla.

Sophomore Ladji Dembele is also originally from Mali in West Africa.

Incoming freshman Nogbou Chris Tadjo was born in Montreal Canada but I believe his parents are from Ivory Coast (southern West Africa).

If these 3 West African players on our current 12 scholarship roster find success at Iowa, that could be a very valuable recruiting pipeline for Iowa for years to come.

2 good interviews here:

It's funny to see the Iowa beat writers gushing about Iowa's "athleticism". When you're a program that has fairly consistently started 5 pasties, then yeah, I'll bet this team seems uber athletic. But in reality, we're probably now average in that dept, which is still several steps up from where we've been at the last few decades. 😀

It's funny to see the Iowa beat writers gushing about Iowa's "athleticism". When you're a program that has fairly consistently started 5 pasties, then yeah, I'll bet this team seems uber athletic. But in reality, we're probably now average in that dept, which is still several steps up from where we've been at the last few decades. 😀
Yeah, Keagan , Kris, Cook and Perkins were pasties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT