ADVERTISEMENT

Meet up in Minneapolis

Mendoza77

HR MVP
Jan 31, 2015
The last couple of years I've arranged a meet-up for us cesspoolians, at nationals in St. Louis and Cleveland. Had a great time in St. Louis, about 10 of us, lots of chatter, food, beer. Since I'm not going to Pittsburgh this year, I've decided to go to Big Tens. There have been a few comments here about meeting somewhere between sessions, and I think I've found a great spot. Blarney Pub & Grill, 412 14th Avenue, about 5 blocks from the arena (https://www.blarneypubmn.com/#home-section).

I don't know what time session 1 will end, and how much time we'll have to meet up before session 2 starts, but let's plan on meeting there after each session, especially Saturday night, and after finals if you're sticking around. Feel free to call or text me this weekend when you're in Minn., 303-202-2636. Personally I'm REALLY looking forward to this weekend, since I'm moving out of the country in a few months and not sure when I'll be able to see live wrestling in the future, could be my last, so hopefully we can get a good size group to share our passion for IOWA HAWKEYE WRESTLING!

I think there is a place called Sally's Saloon that looks good as well that is half the distance it seems. Just throwing that out there.

Also I think I saw on Facebook they are doing a Hawkeye huddle Friday from 4:30 to 6:30 at the loop (downtown bar). Haven't seen anything else on this yet though

Update on the get-together: Chris Haupert and Steve Reese from the DSM-HWC group have arranged for a meet-up at Sally's Saloon, 700 SE Washington Avenue, approximately 3:00 to 5:00 after session 1 - will possibly meet there also after the other sessions. Anyone from that DSM group or us esteemed cesspoolians are welcome to stop by (I wouldn't mind even meeting some of our more friendly PSU posters...as long as the discussion is IOWA!). Any questions, now or this weekend, contact me at 303-202-2636.

Reactions: The cow catcher
Also I think I saw on Facebook they are doing a Hawkeye huddle Friday from 4:30 to 6:30 at the loop (downtown bar). Haven't seen anything else on this yet though

I was also informed that the Twin Cities I-Club is hosting a Hawkeye Huddle at The Loop - downtown, 606 North Washington Avenue #100 from 4:30 - 6:30 pm! Go Hawks!

Here you go.

Details

Starts at 4:30.

Join the Iowa Hawkeyes at the Big Ten Wrestling Championships in Minneapolis. This pre-tournament reception, hosted by the National I-Club, is open to all Hawkeye fans and includes cash refreshments and complimentary appetizers.

The Loop Minneapolis
606 Washington Ave N,
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401

53279162_2590461397661851_28745133780369408_n.jpg

Reactions: hawks150
Allow for EXTRA TIME because of weather & other events going on at arenas close to Williams Arena.

* Big Ten wrestling championships (Williams Arena)

* Men's hockey Big Ten quarterfinals (3M Arena at Mariucci)

* Women's hockey WCHA championship (Ridder Arena)

* Minnesota State High School League boys hockey (3M Arena at Mariucci)

* Minnesota Short Course Championships (Aquatic Center)

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW
--Williams Arena is on the right
--Mariucci Arena is on the top left
--Ridder Arena is on bottom left

MCL7lwIc

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOPPING
Any one driving tomorrow from Des Moines are? What time with weather are u planning on leaving?

Damn winter screwing up our wrestling season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT