ADVERTISEMENT

Phoenix area can’t meet groundwater demands over next century, analysis finds

My family in Scottsdale was telling me about a community of around 1,000 people in the Rio Verde foothills, since the development was built, it has depended on Scottsdale to provide all the water needed. On January 1, 2023, Scottsdale cut them off since they are running short of water. For several months (maybe still today0, they depended on rainwater and trucks that would bring bottled water. At one point Scottsdale agreed to provide water again but wanted the county to help fund and the county refused. There was talk of building a multi-million dollar pipeline to the Salt River Project but that will take years and homeowners water bills will be $500 per month. Crazy situation and who thought of buying a house in a development where there is no water?

Reactions: JRHawk2003
LOL OMG the Obama's have TWO homes?!? CRAZY!!!
Obviously it’s a crime that after his presidency he and his wife wrote a book and made some money off of it.

Obviously two homes is just too much for a former president, especially if he is black. No way we we ever want to respect the office enough to allow ourselves the dignity of a former president having the ability to own 2!!! Two whole homes.

That’s just too much, so let’s post about it as much as we can to remind people of how absolutely devoid we are of any morality. To tell everyone how shallow we really are.

Reactions: Ree4
Obviously it’s a crime that after his presidency he and his wife wrote a book and made some money off of it.

Obviously two homes is just too much for a former president, especially if he is black. No way we we ever want to respect the office enough to allow ourselves the dignity of a former president having the ability to own 2!!! Two whole homes.

That’s just too much, so let’s post about it as much as we can to remind people of how absolutely devoid we are of any morality. To tell everyone how shallow we really are.
They're obviously the only former President and first lady with two homes. UNHEARD OF!!!

Reactions: 4ohs

Barack Obama Love GIF by davidsaracino

Nobody out there seems overly concerned about it, it's bizarre
As someone who has family out in Arizona, I have a hard time caring.

You moved to a desert, and despite all our technological advancements as humans, still have a hard time getting you water.

Sorry. #notsorryatall?

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Also, wont people see through the scam that is bottled water at some point? I am not sure there is a more wasteful consumer product. Tap water with a reverse osmosis filter. Then throw in the millions of plastic bottles in the oceans, etc.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Also, wont people see through the scam that is bottled water at some point? I am not sure there is a more wasteful consumer product. Tap water with a reverse osmosis filter. Then throw in the millions of plastic bottles in the oceans, etc.
On top on all that is Nestle being one of the worst, ethically, companies in existence. Yet they still produce a significant amount of the worlds bottled water supply.

I agree with that. Regardless they can't sustainably use the water they have as it is. So if they started pumping water from the great lakes or the Midwest out there they would simply drink up all of our water (which we sustainably use) and leave us without water and then go looking for another place to start demanding water from.

They need to fix the core problem first.
Like maybe the desert isn't the best place to be growing plants that require tons of water to grow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT