ADVERTISEMENT

I picked up Rocco Welsh this weekend.

Ok I guess Iowa didn’t have room for Welsh or Arrington. Two of YGs best kids recently. Strittmatter must have been lying

He told me Kilkreary and Church didn’t even get a call.

Ok I guess Iowa didn’t have room for Welsh or Arrington. Two of YGs best kids recently. Strittmatter must have been lying

Incompetence, complacency, evaluation of other prospects…one could go on. But the bottom line is no one buys what you’re selling here. We literally just signed a Penn kid last year. Lol

All of the above can be true. But TnT have been operating that way as far as recruiting goes, from day one, imo. TG’s reported experiences being a prime example, imo.

Reactions: artradley

And there’s probably twenty other top recruits from around the country that have had same experience; being Iowa fans and getting no love or even contact during recruitment.

Iowa donors were mad and told brands they didn’t want Pa wrestlers. I am sure Iowa would have been Happy Getting Welsh, Arrington etc. Strittmatter said they both would have committed on the spot. Donors wanted Iowa kids and to break up the Pa pipeline.

bullshit.gif

Didn't intend on this story becoming a lengthy dissection of Iowa recruiting but I suppose I should've seen that coming. I just thought it was cool to meet the kid and chat with him for a while.
I've come to the realization that's where every post on here ends up. Rocco is really a good kid. Thanks for sharing. We've known the family for years. Looking forward for his battles with Gabe in the years to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT