ADVERTISEMENT

Men Flood Women's Job Fair After 'Lying' About Being Nonbinary

No what happened is they likely spent that money because they felt it may open up opportunities for them as the employers likely don't care if someone is male, female or non-binary.

I would expect you to respect a belief that doesn't involve directly harming someone or advocating for that direct harm.

To me the belief that one should always stand against is a belief that leads to direct harm.

If someone for example doesn't believe in inter-racial marriage, they think it's immoral or a bad idea or something like that, I think that we should respect those beliefs. And respect their decisions to avoid anything which might connect them personally with an inter-racial marriage.

Where they should be opposed is if they advocate for making it illegal, or try to advocate for harming people who choose differently including but not limited to violence but also prevention of said person from being able to fairly make a living on the broad level.
That's a bunch of bullshit you are spewing to try to justify tacit racism. I won't respect anyone's belief that inter-racial marriage is immoral or a bad idea. That's a terrible belief that deserves to be ostracized.

Your support of those beliefs and other bigotry is despicable.

My question is....how can you tell if someone is lying about being non-binary?

What's the litmus test for that?
There isn't any. You MUST believe the person at all costs. IMO, it seems as though there were a lot of non-binary people in the area that needed jobs.

JFC what a joke. Further proof that some “groups” who claim they are all about inclusivity and anti-discrimination actually discriminate…. but are too stupid to realize it.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
No you are not. You wanted to be able to identify a non-binary person.

And the answer is simple - saying you are cis. SMFH at your backward idiocy.

But you can change your mind be cis at one time and later say you are non binary. Which is specifically why I asked for an action.

What could one do while claiming to be non binary that would be inconsistent with being non binary?

WTF are you talking about. This has nothing to do with selling a cake. It's about your support of bigoted beliefs.

Which shows you have no respect for those beliefs and wish to destroy them despite the fact that they have no desire to harm others.

I think your beliefs are bigoted. Maybe all of those "cis men" where in fact non binary. Who are you or these women to tell them what they identify as?

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
That's a bunch of bullshit you are spewing to try to justify tacit racism. I won't respect anyone's belief that inter-racial marriage is immoral or a bad idea. That's a terrible belief that deserves to be ostracized.

Your support of those beliefs and other bigotry is despicable.

I didn't say I supported those beliefs regarding inter racial marriage. I actually believe it would be a positive for society if we had more inter racial marriages.

My point is that if someone does hold those beliefs and does not actively seek to harm others they should be allowed those beliefs in peace. No one should make them make a wedding cake with a black bride and a white groom on it.

Which shows you have no respect for those beliefs and wish to destroy them despite the fact that they have no desire to harm others.

I think your beliefs are bigoted. Maybe all of those "cis men" where in fact non binary. Who are you or these women to tell them what they identify as?
You're being ridiculous now. You're the one trying to determine how to prove whether someone is cis or non-binary. I don't give a shit. They are a person.

Your bigotry has warped you.

I think at some level, we have to acknowledge that other people exist in the world that are different from us and we’re going to have to interact with them in varying ways.

”Respect their decisions to avoid anything which might connect them personally with an“ [insert different thing here] can be a weird game. You used interracial marriage in your post, could be sexuality, could be gender identity, could be gender, could be blondes, could be Christians or Buddhists.

On one side, there are some protections that seem obvious - a Catholic priest shouldn’t be required to officiate a marriage between Jews. On the other extreme, could “which might connect them personally with an [insert difference here]” mean others should respect your right to not want to live next to an [insert difference here]?

You just aren’t going to be able to walk around in society without potentially having to interact/connect personally with whatever differences you don’t like. A gay couple might show up at your church. An interracial family might move in next door. You might go to a store and have to get customer service from a non-binary person….but here’s the magic, the majority of the time those differences don’t really matter. If a trans or non-binary person gets a job as a network architect, it really has no bearing on you, even if you’re on that same team….but we burn all this angst and energy on pretending that their existence completely transforms the entire universe.

When it comes to sports - look at the governing bodies. They set rules on who can compete and how that competition happens. Why should government get involved?

That is obviously true but what I would say would be any action in which if that person is allowed to freely choose would lead one to reasonably believe that they do not object to such things.

If I go to a wedding one might reasonably infer that I do not object to that wedding. When it comes to cakes my issue is any decoration that might indicate that one supports that wedding. On the other hand the providing of a blank cake shows sufficient indifference.

In my mind swap out gay marriage for despicable views and see if you agree. If a cake maker was asked to write on a cake something extremely racist, maybe containing the N word and they do it, one might reasonably infer that they don't object to that sort of thing.

This is different of course from selling a 2 liter of pop for a party down at the local neo nazi compound, which is indifferent as one rarely has any idea nor could they likely infer it's intended use.

Ultimately if people want respect on the trans issue so as for non trans people to not take advantage of extremely loose rules as to what makes someone trans, one should also be willing to not try and hound and economically destroy someone who might not want to make up a cake with 2 grooms on it.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I didn't say I supported those beliefs regarding inter racial marriage. I actually believe it would be a positive for society if we had more inter racial marriages.

My point is that if someone does hold those beliefs and does not actively seek to harm others they should be allowed those beliefs in peace. No one should make them make a wedding cake with a black bride and a white groom on it.
You're conflating. Objections to a racist belief that someone holds and/or expresses is warranted and needed - unless, of course, you want those beliefs to be promoted.

The wedding cake case is not about objecting to someone's beliefs. It's about trying to force someone to create a unique work that defies their beliefs. I don't believe the bigoted baker should have been forced to make the cake. I do believe his views on the matter of gay marriage are rightfully highlighted as bigoted and wrong.

You're being ridiculous now. You're the one trying to determine how to prove whether someone is cis or non-binary. I don't give a shit. They are a person.

Your bigotry has warped you.

If there is no way to determine it then why are all these women mad?

That is obviously true but what I would say would be any action in which if that person is allowed to freely choose would lead one to reasonably believe that they do not object to such things.

If I go to a wedding one might reasonably infer that I do not object to that wedding. When it comes to cakes my issue is any decoration that might indicate that one supports that wedding. On the other hand the providing of a blank cake shows sufficient indifference.

In my mind swap out gay marriage for despicable views and see if you agree. If a cake maker was asked to write on a cake something extremely racist, maybe containing the N word and they do it, one might reasonably infer that they don't object to that sort of thing.

This is different of course from selling a 2 liter of pop for a party down at the local neo nazi compound, which is indifferent as one rarely has any idea nor could they likely infer it's intended use.

Ultimately if people want respect on the trans issue so as for non trans people to not take advantage of extremely loose rules as to what makes someone trans, one should also be willing to not try and hound and economically destroy someone who might not want to make up a cake with 2 grooms on it.
"take advantage of extremely loose rules as to what makes someone trans"

WTF? What "rules" are you citing here? This is absurd babble.

• Haha
Reactions: EvolutionDenier
You're conflating. Objections to a racist belief that someone holds and/or expresses is warranted and needed - unless, of course, you want those beliefs to be promoted.

The wedding cake case is not about objecting to someone's beliefs. It's about trying to force someone to create a unique work that defies their beliefs. I don't believe the bigoted baker should have been forced to make the cake. I do believe his views on the matter of gay marriage are rightfully highlighted as bigoted and wrong.

It's perfectly fine to highlight them as "bigoted and wrong". Problem is they were economically attacked via the law twice for not wanting to make a cake.

And for the record I am perfectly OK with putting their views in the newspaper along with calls for boycotts. But the problem of course is calls for boycotts rarely worked, so they had to try to use the law to destroy them . . . TWICE.

You're obsessed with one case that went to SCOTUS and has been ruled on. I'm not sure what you think people are "taking advantage of" here.

I already told you how it can be determined. JFC. They believed these people and they lied. Now you want to find some method of making sure someone who says they are non-binary is actually non-binary. That's the absurdity.

How do you know they lied? Furthermore how does one come up with a rule to prevent people from lying about being non-binary when you could not name a single action that is inconsistent with being a non-binary person.

It's perfectly fine to highlight them as "bigoted and wrong". Problem is they were economically attacked via the law twice for not wanting to make a cake.

And for the record I am perfectly OK with putting their views in the newspaper along with calls for boycotts. But the problem of course is calls for boycotts rarely worked, so they had to try to use the law to destroy them . . . TWICE.
JFC. How were they "economically attacked"? Did someone rob them?

Their position led to a legal battle over the issue - that's not an attack, that is a dispute. Their store lost business because of their stance on gay marriage. That's not an attack - that's a an outcome.

• Haha
How do you know they lied? Furthermore how does one come up with a rule to prevent people from lying about being non-binary when you could not name a single action that is inconsistent with being a non-binary person.
Because enough of them said so. WTF?

There is no rule and will be no rule. There is no need for a rule. THAT. IS. THE. ****ING. POINT.

And I told you one, very simple action that is inconsistent. You are choosing to ignore it because it completely destroys this nonsensical narrative of yours.

How do you know they were lied to? How do they know? There is nothing one can do which shows them to be non-binary.
When someone says "I'm non-binary" and then later reveals "I'm not really non-binary" it's easy for anyone with an ounce of intelligence to determine that there was a lie in there.

You've been off the deep end on these subjects for a long time. I've done what I can to point out your nonsense and complete lack of reason.

• Haha
JFC. How were they "economically attacked"? Did someone rob them?

Their position led to a legal battle over the issue - that's not an attack, that is a dispute. Their store lost business because of their stance on gay marriage. That's not an attack - that's a an outcome.

Lawyers cost money and they had to fight the state who famously has a lot more money for lawywrs then most small businesses.

And they had to do this twice.

Because enough of them said so. WTF?

There is no rule and will be no rule. There is no need for a rule. THAT. IS. THE. ****ING. POINT.

And I told you one, very simple action that is inconsistent. You are choosing to ignore it because it completely destroys this nonsensical narrative of yours.

None of the people interviewed were people who said they were lying, it was a bunch of women who decided they were lying.

When someone says "I'm non-binary" and then later reveals "I'm not really non-binary" it's easy for anyone with an ounce of intelligence to determine that there was a lie in there.

You've been off the deep end on these subjects for a long time. I've done what I can to point out your nonsense and complete lack of reason.

Did any of them say that? And honestly does it matter? Gender is fluid. Means you can change your gender whenever and as often as you like.

These are not my rules.

I already told you how it can be determined. JFC. They believed these people and they lied. Now you want to find some method of making sure someone who says they are non-binary is actually non-binary. That's the absurdity.

In the article they were accused of lying.

How do you or the organizers know they lied?

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT