ADVERTISEMENT

**** Men's NCAA Tournament ****

Ok i have seen enough i am going to fianally fill out my brackets

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HawkBall23
I'd love to know what goes through frans mind when he watches this tournaments guard play and defense.
It should be "holy shit we are light years from that level".
We actually just had the best guard tandem in Dix/Perkins that I think Fran has ever had. The problem this year was defense and rebounding, plain and simple. I’m of the opinion we are a lot better team next year based on who we lose. Which is bizarre. Defense should improve tremendously.

Reactions: fivecardstud14
So you disagree with Izzo’s, Painter’s, Pitino’s strategy? Hmmmm
I heard that and don’t remember exactly what Van Gundy said, but wasn’t it in relation to how much time was left in the half?

Like if a player picks up their second foul with 2 minutes left and gets automatically taken out, but then they are right back in at the start of the 2nd half. For a starter who’s probably going to play 30+ minutes, is that 2 minutes of game time they’ve been taken out really worth it?

We actually just had the best guard tandem in Dix/Perkins that I think Fran has ever had. The problem this year was defense and rebounding, plain and simple. I’m of the opinion we are a lot better team next year based on who we lose. Which is bizarre. Defense should improve tremendously.
Neither one of those two is even remotely close to being a pg. bringing the ball up the courts vs little pressure and passing around the perimeter waiting for cross screens and pin downs is not a pg.

I heard that and don’t remember exactly what Van Gundy said, but wasn’t it in relation to how much time was left in the half?

Like if a player picks up their second foul with 2 minutes left and gets automatically taken out, but then they are right back in at the start of the 2nd half. For a starter who’s probably going to play 30+ minutes, is that 2 minutes of game time they’ve been taken out really worth it?
That makes sense. Buuuut coaches tend to do what they do, sometimes flying in the face of common sense.

How bad is UConn gonna wipe the floor with N'western?

Guessing it'll be bad enough to leave a 'stain' on the B1G's 'image'.

We got to rebound better. We lose two minus rebounders in Krikke and PMAC. Our guards need to rebound better. Dix is a great player but his rebounding numbers we a little low---he needs some muscle. We also lack team quickness for on the long rebounds. I think we'll be better next year---but we do lack above the rim players that you see on the other teams in NCAA. Everything can change depending on how the Portal goes. I don't expect the Portal to be a big positive based on Fran's history but one never knows.

How bad is UConn gonna wipe the floor with N'western?

Guessing it'll be bad enough to leave a 'stain' on the B1G's 'image'.
Nw did beat Purdue, almost twice and they beat Illinois.

But down two starters I agree probably won't be competitive.

I hate that bball has turned into this, but lord do the Hawks need a coach that knows that just having a good offense won't take you far in either winning a P5 conference or the NCAA Tournament.

Watching UConn just bully NW on both sides of court makes me super envious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT