ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Practice video

Absolutely which we've been discussing for the last 6 months. We we're short handed last year in the backcourt, and then lost 2 starting guards and had zero guards recruited. Fran managed 1 transfer so we're still even more short handed then last season. I'd agree Fran will once again stick a square peg in a round hole and play the Sandforts in the back court a lot, and we'll pay for it on defense.
Dix will start and play the most minutes at the two. Thelwell will also get time at the two if BH can improve at the one. Sandforts will be playing most minutes at the 3. Yes they will get some minutes at the two, but majority of their time will be SF.

Dix will start and play the most minutes at the two. Thelwell will also get time at the two if BH can improve at the one. Sandforts will be playing most minutes at the 3. Yes they will get some minutes at the two, but majority of their time will be SF.
It depends on how well Thelwell and Harding shoot.

If they can't hit open 3s Fran will play Dix at the 1.

Fran is going to have a hard time resisting the urge to put 3 or 4, 6'5+ shooters on the court at once. He can't help himself.

And if we have even one injury to any of the three back court players???

Defense & rebounding need vast improvement. Iowa gave up 11 offensive rebounds last year. Probably resulted in opponents gaining an extra 10 points per game. Cut this in half & Iowa will be a tourney team.
I agree with this. A good offensive player and team knows how to finish the play, not just make a good move and miss the shot. Defense is the same. Often times the hawks play good defense making the opponent take a bad shot, only to not secure the rebound to end the possession. Between Owen, Laji, and Payton, being another year older, and Seydou averaging 8 rebounds a game last year. I think we have the potential to have a much better rebounding year. Can't wait to see if it happens.

And if we have even one injury to any of the three back court players???
Earlier in the thread I asked whether any of the walk-on guards would play meaningful minutes. An injury would force the issue, but so might foul trouble. Kingsbury may be the most likely candidate. He's been in the program and has gotten the call a couple of times already in a pinch.

Reactions: Buffalo43
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT