ADVERTISEMENT

Mercy Iowa City, bankruptcy questions

In the blood

All-Conference
Feb 6, 2014
My son was in the emergency room at Mercy Iowa City in January. We haven’t received a bill yet but did receive a court case notice this weekend in the mail regarding their chapter 11 case and notice of deadline to file administrative claims. All of these court proceedings I’ve gotten before, I have done nothing with. I’m wondering if any lawyers on here can give me any info on weather or not I need to do anything with this? Case no. 23-00623 Chapter 11.

Last edited:
My son was in the emergency room at Mercy Iowa City in January. We haven’t received a bill yet but did receive a court case notice this weekend in the mail regarding their chapter 11 case and notice of deadline to file administrative claims. All of these court proceedings I’ve gotten before, I have done nothing with. I’m wondering if any lawyers on here can give me any info on weather or not I need to do anything with this? Case no. 23-00623 Chapter 11.
I am not a lawyer, but I can tell you that notices like that are common when a business files for bankruptcy. They send those to anybody that might have a claim for or against that entity. So if you want to register your name as a person involved in bankruptcy proceedings, and potential judgment, you can do it. I've always ignored them, cuz it's usually years and years down the road, and lawyers always get first grab at any money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT