ADVERTISEMENT

Message Board Rumor: Fox offers $2 mil to Clark to take COVID year

How many make 2 mill a year in the WNBA? The highest paid player makes 242k.
Really that has NOTHING to do with it. How many have had a major network (supposedly) come out with a 2 mil offer to stay in school. How many have had one of the top pro agents sign them while the player was still in college? The answer of course is NO one. This is uncharted territory. Do you really think that Excel mgmnt isn't in the middle of this regardless if she stays OR goes, and get her a lucrative deal? Remember they get a good cut on this payday as well.....

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
Nobody is denying she is repped by a strong agency. Same agency as the Manning bros., among others. Note their video congrats to CC on Thu nite.

Final decision rests on CC & family.
Good luck either way, CC!

Nobody is denying she is repped by a strong agency. Same agency as the Manning bros., among others. Note their video congrats to CC on Thu nite.

Final decision rests on CC & family.
Good luck either way, CC!
Huh. This helps explain how she got on Monday night football as well. Not that it couldn't have been done other ways but obviously communicating would have been pretty easy.

How many make 2 mill a year in the WNBA? The highest paid player makes 242k.
It looks like a 90k team option cap on rookie picks 1-4 for 2025 (depending on where you look). Like someone said earlier if Paige B is getting 2mil, Clark should be getting 5mil....or more.

It may not strictly be a financial decision, but that is a lot of money to turn your back on....

For what it's worth, this seems like an internet rumor that is likely not true.

1) It's easy to blame "a source I cannot reveal" if it turns out not to be true.

2) Half the message talks about the Champions Classic as if it's indication of something. I don't see how it is. Tennessee and Louisville are recognizable brands in WBB, but don't have any real box office players for next year. That will be true of Iowa next year if Clark doesn't return. Booking Iowa on the mere possibility she does is a solid investment.

3) It's not obvious why Bueckers and Clark would get the same offer. Clark clearly moves the needle substantially on viewership. Iowa without Clark will get a fraction of the views. I'm not sure that's true of Bueckers. UConn itself is a huge brand. So long as UConn is good, my guess is it would get fairly similar views with or without Bueckers. If Clark's team knew Bueckers was offered $2 million, my guess is they'd ask for quite a bit more.

4) The general consensus the last couple weeks (at least) has been that Bueckers would likely return to UConn. I don't think her announcing that at senior night is a confirmation of anything either.

Meh. She’s already set the record. Who cares what a bunch of jealous people say. Haters will always hate. Don’t be afraid of their bad opinions.
Lol.. Its pretty easy to have a cavalier attitude about it, when your not the one being hated.......

As a non-expert on the how much money flows through TV, I would think if they truely gave Bueckers 2m, CC's agent would counter at 10m and they would settle for something around 8m. In my certified non-expert opinion.

For what it's worth, this seems like an internet rumor that is likely not true.

1) It's easy to blame "a source I cannot reveal" if it turns out not to be true.

2) Half the message talks about the Champions Classic as if it's indication of something. I don't see how it is. Tennessee and Louisville are recognizable brands in WBB, but don't have any real box office players for next year. That will be true of Iowa next year if Clark doesn't return. Booking Iowa on the mere possibility she does is a solid investment.

3) It's not obvious why Bueckers and Clark would get the same offer. Clark clearly moves the needle substantially on viewership. Iowa without Clark will get a fraction of the views. I'm not sure that's true of Bueckers. UConn itself is a huge brand. So long as UConn is good, my guess is it would get fairly similar views with or without Bueckers. If Clark's team knew Bueckers was offered $2 million, my guess is they'd ask for quite a bit more.

4) The general consensus the last couple weeks (at least) has been that Bueckers would likely return to UConn. I don't think her announcing that at senior night is a confirmation of anything either.
Of course it's not true. I doubt it would be legal in the NCAA's eyes as well. Now, if Fox wanted to pay Iowa $2 million to then offer her as part of an NIL deal, well, I'm not sure there are too many ways to find out if that happened or not.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT