ADVERTISEMENT

Migrants in Denver refuse to leave encampments until their 13 demands are met by the Mayor

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
What a mess. Gotta love it when uninvited guests start making those demands. As you can see, they want free food, free medical care, free housing and free attorneys. Note that they are flying the Mexican flag at their camp, too.

Some of those demands sent to Denver Mayor Mike Johnson include:

* Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc

* Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever

* Medical professional visits will happen regularly & referrals/connections for specialty care will be made as needed

* "Connection to employment support, including work permit applications for those who qualify,"

* "Consultations for each person/family with a free immigration lawyer."

* Privacy within the shelter once moved there

* "No more verbal or physical or mental abuse will be permitted from the staff, including no sheriff sleeping inside & monitoring 24/7 – we are not criminals & won’t be treated as such."

Here is video:

Related story:

• Wow
Reactions: Hawkman34
images

They have big huge brass ones for sure.

If the city caves to any of those, the city will be doomed going forward forever.

As you can see in the video, the city is trying to get them out of the cold.

Now, just watch; something will happen and the city will get sued for millions.

Damn. Looks like more climate hardships. Time to move to Canada. Hopefully the climate there is solid enough for them.

Reactions: goldmom

The city has offered them a refuge. If the "migrants" refuse that offer, it's on them. They have a way to get out of the cold.

They have big huge brass ones for sure.

If the city caves to any of those, the city will be doomed going forward forever.

This story is from January and then updated in March. Their free medical care gets passed on to us with health insurance, of course.

A couple excerpts on the costs:

Mayor Mike Johnston's projection that the city could spend up to $180 million this year on illegal immigration translates to more than $500 per Denver household, a new report said.

The estimate doesn't include spending by nonprofits and health systems, which have also been groaning under the weight of "uncompensated care" in the form of emergency and other hospital visits by people without insurance

• Wow
This story is from January and then updated in March. Their free medical care gets passed on to us with health insurance, of course.

Mayor Mike Johnston's projection that the city could spend up to $180 million this year on illegal immigration translates to more than $500 per Denver household, a new report said.

The estimate doesn't include spending by nonprofits and health systems, which have also been groaning under the weight of "uncompensated care" in the form of emergency and other hospital visits by people without insurance

Or the City could simply detain them and notify CBP and ICE to come get them (which probably won't happen).

There's no duty to provide free health care for every possible ailment. The only duty is to provide health care for life threatening issues in emergency rooms. If the city thinks it's cheaper to do that in the shelter, that's their financial decision.

These demands go way beyond what a US citizen gets.

The solution is to close the border, and speed up the deportation process. The cost for that is substantially less than providing ongoing care for millions of people here illegally.

Reactions: seminoleed

Dated information. This is more current:

The migrant demands are ridiculous, I'll give you that.

Reactions: McLovin32
What a mess. Gotta love it when uninvited guests start making those demands. As you can see, they want free food, free medical care, free housing and free attorneys. Note that they are flying the Mexican flag at their camp, too.

Some of those demands sent to Denver Mayor Mike Johnson include:

* Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc

* Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever

* Medical professional visits will happen regularly & referrals/connections for specialty care will be made as needed

* "Connection to employment support, including work permit applications for those who qualify,"

* "Consultations for each person/family with a free immigration lawyer."

* Privacy within the shelter once moved there

* "No more verbal or physical or mental abuse will be permitted from the staff, including no sheriff sleeping inside & monitoring 24/7 – we are not criminals & won’t be treated as such."

Here is video:

Related story:

Yeah those demands are absolutely absurd and I hope the mayor does not give in to them.

"Note that they are flying the Mexican flag at their camp, too."

I do find this part funny though. Are we supposed to be mad that they're flying their countries flag at their camp?

How could this be happening under the watchful eye of Colorado resident Joes Place?...

Yeah those demands are absolutely absurd and I hope the mayor does not give in to them.

I do find this part funny though. Are we supposed to be mad that they're flying their countries flag at their camp?
You know they can always go home where they can fly that flag all day long, right?

Not just migrants. I’d clear everything. I’m tired of the tents and trash everywhere.
You want to send the migrants, causing issues, back to their countries? I'm good with that. Homeless Americans? If we're truly the greatest country in the world we wouldn't have homeless Americans on the streets. That's the kind of thing I am okay spending tax dollars on...not fancy lunches and dinners for members of Congress. Not overseas payoffs. Not talking helping Ukraine but all the other billions we waste across the pond.

They love Mexico so much to fly the flag they can take their ass back across the border.

To be honest, I don't like when Mexican Americans fly the flag of Mexico at a soccer game against the USA.

The cold? The 10 day weather forecast shows 58 tomorrow, 66 Saturday and 70's the rest of the time with lows around 50 except tomorrow at 42. The migrants have access to this information. If it's too cold for them perhaps they shouldn't be there.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT