ADVERTISEMENT

Mikaela Shiffrin

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
So after picking up her 83rd win yesterday on the Slalom making her the greatest woman skier in history she wins her 84th today on the GS. She's now 2 victories away from holding the overall record for wins. Absolutely amazing.

8g-Xm6xn4YE95H2H1UVgxd.jpg

Question, who tf actually watches winter sports like these outside of the Olympics? You gotta be some kind of psychopath to sit around on a nice weekend to watch white folks ski down a hill.

Question, who tf actually watches winter sports like these outside of the Olympics? You gotta be some kind of psychopath to sit around on a nice weekend to watch white folks ski down a hill.
Races are typically during the week. I used to be able to watch on the Olympics channel but that recently went away.

Obligatory wood with a skiing reference: If you are old enough to remember the intro to ABC’s Wide World Of Sports, I’d be like the skier wiping out after 2 minutes with her.
Except that instead of the agony of defeat it would be the thri...zzzzzzzz

Another poster mentioned Wild World Of Sports, as a kid that's how I caught some of all niche sports.

Hasn't she basically been a huge disappointment when it comes to Olympics? I could be thinking of somebody else or maybe I'm just plain wrong.
A disappointment? No.
Did she win her events? No.
Was the snow garbage and an absurd around of athletes skied out? Yes.
Would Jordan's legacy have been ruined if the US didn't win the Olympic medal? No

She'll likely ski at the next olympics. She's only 27

A disappointment? No.
Did she win her events? No.
Was the snow garbage and an absurd around of athletes skied out? Yes.
Would Jordan's legacy have been ruined if the US didn't win the Olympic medal? No

She'll likely ski at the next olympics. She's only 27
The "best, winningest" skier of all time failed to win at the only event that casual fans watch or care about.
I would call that a huge disappointment.

Beyond that, you added an excuse(it may be a valid excuse, but the casual fan doesn't care) and a poorly thought out analogy(pretty funny coming from a guy that spends most of his time here calling other people stupid, imo).

I'll be rooting for her at her next Olympics. Hopefully she can redeem herself.

The "best, winningest" skier of all time failed to win at the only event that casual fans watch or care about.
I would call that a huge disappointment.

Beyond that, you added an excuse(it may be a valid excuse, but the casual fan doesn't care) and a poorly thought out analogy(pretty funny coming from a guy that spends most of his time here calling other people stupid, imo).

I'll be rooting for her at her next Olympics. Hopefully she can redeem herself.
Oh, that's the only event casual fans care about? Ok, that invalidates her 86 world cup wins, her 15 season titles, her 5 overall titles, being the only athlete—male or female—with wins in all six FIS Alpine Ski World Cup disciplines and her two olympic gold medals.

Maybe I treat people like their stupid because they proudly display their ignorance for all to see.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT