ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee(won @ ISU) LOST by 14 to Concordia St Paul (D II School); Drake beats Wake Forest

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Milwaukee, which beat ISU, is losing right now to Concordia-St Paul, a Division II team.

the half time score? 47-25.

Yikes.

Anybody else watching?

Here is a game link:

If you use the link that follows, READ WHAT FOLLOWS!

MAKE SURE your Ad Block is INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE if you use the link that follows!!!

For Chrome, I use Ad Block Plus!!!

When you click on the link that follows, don't touch anything and in under 30 seconds the game begins to stream!

OR, when the game window pops up, you can click on "Close advertisement;" IMMEDIATELY CLOSE the window that pops up; then, in the game window, click on "Close advertisement" again and the game will begin to stream.

NOTE: you can adjust the volume and make FULL SCREEN with the options in the lower right corner (if these options disappear, simply refresh your window, and follow these steps again).

***If you have followed ALL of the steps above***, here is a SAFE LINK to watch the game LIVE: http://wiz1.net/channel47

Last edited:
Cyclones were up 16 with 10 minutes to play. Yesterday it was 17. Both games they nearly lost.

But with Weiler-Babb doing most of the PG work, they seem to be much better. Unlike Monday, they looked yesterday and today like they'd seen the game played somewhere before.

W-B has been terrific. Yesterday it was 23 points, 7 boards and 7 assists; today it was 19, 14 and 8. Only one turnover per game. That's playing 40 minutes in each game. Lard seems to have the potential to be as good as advertised. But Appalachian State and Tulsa aren't Big XII teams.

Cyclones were up 16 with 10 minutes to play. Yesterday it was 17. Both games they nearly lost.

But with Weiler-Babb doing most of the PG work, they seem to be much better. Unlike Monday, they looked yesterday and today like they'd seen the game played somewhere before.

W-B has been terrific. Yesterday it was 23 points, 7 boards and 7 assists; today it was 19, 14 and 8. Only one turnover per game. That's playing 40 minutes in each game. Lard seems to have the potential to be as good as advertised. But Appalachian State and Tulsa aren't Big XII teams.

At least they get to enjoy some nice warm weather.

Drake hopefully won’t be the dog they usually are this year. Beat Wake Forest tonight. Play CO tomorrow

How did Wake Forest become so bad?

Isn't Danny Manning the Head Coach there?
Yes. They’ve definitely had a rough start. Love to see Drake get a win like that though (second team for me). Colorado beat Quinnipiac on a buzzer beater so maybe Drake will have another shot at a big win tomorrow.

Reactions: NI hawk
Drake hopefully won’t be the dog they usually are this year. Beat Wake Forest tonight. Play CO tomorrow

• Associated Press
LYNCHBURG, Va. -- Reed Timmer scored 29 points and hit six of Drake's 15 3-pointers as the Bulldogs rallied to beat Wake Forest 77-74 on Friday night in the Paradise Jam.

It was moved from St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands to the Vines Center in Lynchburg due to damage from Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

Graham Woodward added 20 points for Drake (2-0), which used an 11-0 run to erase a 10-point deficit late in the second half.

The Demon Deacons (0-3) had a chance to tie in the closing seconds, but Bryant Crawford's 3-pointer was off the mark.

Wake Forest used a 10-0 run to open a 60-49 lead midway through the second half. After an exchange of baskets, the Bulldogs scored the next 11 points with Woodward capping the rally with a four-point play. The lead changed hands several times until Timmer hit a pair of free throws with 3:55 remaining.

Doral Moore led the Demon Deacons with 17 points and 17 rebounds. Chaundee Brown added 12 points.

Milwaukee, which beat ISU, is losing right now to Concordia-St Paul, a Division II team.

the half time score? 47-25.

Yikes.

Link to that game: http://wiz1.net/channel47
And Tulsa earlier lost to Lamar, and App State got drilled by Western Michigan, and Mizzou got blown out by somebody.

As I said, App State and Tulsa aren't Big XII teams.

Cyclones aren't as bad as they looked against Milwaukee, and there is much reason for optimism about the future, but they are not a good team right now by any stretch of the imagination.

Reactions: SotaHawk87
And Tulsa earlier lost to Lamar, and App State got drilled by Western Michigan, and Mizzou got blown out by somebody.

As I said, App State and Tulsa aren't Big XII teams.

Cyclones aren't as bad as they looked against Milwaukee, and there is much reason for optimism about the future, but they are not a good team right now by any stretch of the imagination.

I thought ISU would be down this year but several people kept saying that the recruits coming in were "that good" where there would not be much of a drop off

How the (semi) mighty have fallen. Wake Forest is now 0-3 having been beaten by Drake, Liberty and Georgia Southern.

How the (semi) mighty have fallen. Wake Forest is now 0-3 having been beaten by Drake, Liberty and Georgia Southern.

I thought bringing in Danny Manning was supposed to be a good thing; this is his 4th year at Wake.

They were an 11 seed in last years NCAA Tournament (part of the "first four") and lost to Kansas State.

I did not realize Wake Forest had so many coaches (5 in the last 17 years)! Just 8 NCAA appearance in those 17 years, too.

A summary of those 17 years:

Wake Forest made the tournament in 2001 (Dave Odom)

under coach Skip Prosser they made it in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005;

Next came a 3 year NCAA drought

then they made it again in 2009 and 2010 under Dino Gaudio

Next came a 6 year drought:

in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 they did not make it under Jeff Bzdelik

they did not make it in 2015 and 2016 under Danny Manning

in 2017 they barely made it in and played in a "first 4" game, losing to Kansas State

I thought ISU would be down this year but several people kept saying that the recruits coming in were "that good" where there would not be much of a drop off
I think several people were smoking funny cigarettes. We lost 7 seniors, including 4 who had all-conference honors of some kind. Lard and Wigginton are going to be very good, barring injury or arrest or getting crosswise with the coaches or flunking out or something alone those lines. But in their first few college games they aren't going to replace Thomas, Mitrou-Long, Morris and Burton.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Missouri Valley is racking up the Wins vs the power 5!

I believe that is 5th win over a Power 5 for that league. Granted its all been against bottom dwellers that's good for a mid major league

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT