ADVERTISEMENT

Minneapolis and Chicago cut police but added detectives and mental health responders. MAGAts told us it was stupid and joked about social workers…

POOF......all gone...no crime....no harm, no foul >

That does nothing to prove your point. 🤣

That’s the point, though, not everything needs to be an arrest. Sometimes a situation warrants something besides tossing someone in jail.
Call me old fashion but I like.being able to walk Into a store and get the items I need off the shelf without asking an under paid employee, who doesn't want to be there, for the key to get deodorant.

I'm weird like that.

• Love
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Call me old fashion but I like.being a le to walk I to a store and get thr items I need off a shelf without asking an under paid employee who doesn't want to be there for the key to get deodorant.

I'm weird like that.
So you live in Iowa and have to have an under paid employees get the deodorant out of a lock box? Not sure that post helps your narrative.

One of the ILLEGAL scum you suck up to so hard, could shove a blade through your liberal liver before pulling your wallet and your brainwashed ass still wouldn't get it! lol
Fear mongering, anything else you got for me hillbilly? I live in the Bay, I don’t even need to lock my doors. Nice try though. Oh, and you couldn’t afford my neighborhood.

So you live in Iowa and have to have an under paid employees get the deodorant out of a lock box? Not sure that post helps your narrative.
I live in Iowa and travel to the lower 48*( no AK or HI) states and when I forget dumb shit I have to go get it. Yes, I've had to ask someone to unlock the deodorant before and it's ****ing embarrassing. And then dipshits think "safety".

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Fear mongering, anything else you got for me hillbilly? I live in the Bay, I don’t even need to lock my doors. Nice try though. Oh, and you couldn’t afford my neighborhood.
If you live in that shithole....the Asshole of the country and still don't have a clue, maybe try the bottom of the bay because there is no hope for you. You're just a sick, marxist enabler of crime and anarchy. Undoubtedly you're an antifa member living the life of a leech......

If you live in that shithole....the Asshole of the country and still don't have a clue, maybe try the bottom of the bay because there is no hope for you. You're just a sick, marxist enabler of crime and anarchy. Undoubtedly you're an antifa member living the life of a leech......
Nothing again I see. 🤣 The jealousy is hilarious to watch unfold.

• Haha
Your article is from 2023 discussing 2022.

Since then, Walgreens has said it's going to close 25% of its 8600 stores.

It didn't get better.
Inflation has taken a toll on Walgreens' business, with consumers "increasingly selective and price sensitive on their selections," according to Wentworth. But analysts said that the chain's problems are also of its own making.

"Walgreens does itself no favors in this environment by having a lackluster proposition and broadly uncompetitive prices compared to mass merchants," Neil Saunders, managing director of GlobalData, stated in an emailed research note. "It is no good executing selective promotions, which the chain did over the past quarter, there needs to be a more fundamental overhaul of the retail offer."

Sounds like a pretty damned cool place to live despite all the tamped down crime stats! lol

"The 2022 crime rate in San Francisco, CA is 513 (City-Data.com crime index), which is 2.1 times higher than the U.S. average. It was higher than in 97.1% U.S. cities. The 2022 San Francisco crime rate rose by 33% compared to 2020. The number of homicides stood at 55 - an increase of 7 compared to 2020. In the last 5 years San Francisco has seen rise of violent crime and rise of property crime.
Read more: https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-San-Francisco-California.html"

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
Sounds like a pretty damned cool place to live despite all the tamped down crime stats! lol

"The 2022 crime rate in San Francisco, CA is 513 (City-Data.com crime index), which is 2.1 times higher than the U.S. average. It was higher than in 97.1% U.S. cities. The 2022 San Francisco crime rate rose by 33% compared to 2020. The number of homicides stood at 55 - an increase of 7 compared to 2020. In the last 5 years San Francisco has seen rise of violent crime and rise of property crime.
Read more: https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-San-Francisco-California.html"

• Haha
So should the crime metric that needs to be tracked is “situations?”
I’m interested in actually solving problems, not just metrics. Sometimes a professional other than an officer is actually the best resource to put towards a “situation”.

I’m interested in actually solving problems, not just metrics. Sometimes a professional other than an officer is actually the best resource to put towards a “situation”.
What would you suggest as a deterrent to “situations”?

If “situations” are known to not result in arrest, detention, and/or punishment then what would you propose to deter future “situations?”

Inflation has taken a toll on Walgreens' business, with consumers "increasingly selective and price sensitive on their selections," according to Wentworth. But analysts said that the chain's problems are also of its own making.

"Walgreens does itself no favors in this environment by having a lackluster proposition and broadly uncompetitive prices compared to mass merchants," Neil Saunders, managing director of GlobalData, stated in an emailed research note. "It is no good executing selective promotions, which the chain did over the past quarter, there needs to be a more fundamental overhaul of the retail offer."
Good thing no other retailer deals with inflation....

They built stores in shitty areas and lost their assess, now those areas won't get serviced, due to theft, and you will bitch about how these people.dont have access.

Thinking like a Democrat is easy. You just find the person who actually ****ed up, then figure out all the ways other people are responsible foe that person **** up, without ever acknowledging who it is that actually ****ed up. It's kinda like sodoku.

What would you suggest as a deterrent to “situations”?

If “situations” are known to not result in arrest, detention, and/or punishment then what would you propose to deter future “situations?”
Depends on what the “situation”. In some cases, better access to social services can actually help people to the point where there isn’t a subsequent crime requiring an officer/arrest.

Walgreens is the worst run pharmacy in the country. I'm in the process of moving my scripts from there. I've never seen any staff member last more than a few months.

Reactions: HawkNester
Depends on what the “situation”. In some cases, better access to social services can actually help people to the point where there isn’t a subsequent crime requiring an officer/arrest.
Agree but how do you respond in real-time?

A depressed, alcoholic man gets laid off and comes home from a rough day at work and starts yelling at his wife. Seems like a great place for a social worker right?

But in a matter of a moment and by the time someone gets there, he assaulted his wife and now a criminal law has been violated and an arrest is necessary and the social service role is no longer needed since the perpetrator would be under arrest and subject to arraignment in court.

Reminds me of Minority Report. If a “thought-crime” occurred then a social worker could intervene since no physical violence had taken place. But in reality, no matter who shows up, the crime has already taken place and requires law enforcement personnel.

Agree but how do you respond in real-time?

A depressed, alcoholic man gets laid off and comes home from a rough day at work and starts yelling at his wife. Seems like a great place for a social worker right?

But in a matter of a moment and by the time someone gets there, he assaulted his wife and now a criminal law has been violated and an arrest is necessary and the social service role is no longer needed since the perpetrator would be under arrest and subject to arraignment in court.

Reminds me of Minority Report. If a “thought-crime” occurred then a social worker could intervene since no physical violence had taken place. But in reality, no matter who shows up, the crime has already taken place and requires law enforcement personnel.
In the moment, you absolutely still need cops. Of course you do. The point of these initiatives (at least the ones done well) is to focus on beefing up other supporting services so that over time hopefully you have less overall need for police intervention.

Get the depressed, alcoholic man some help and maybe he doesn’t go home and knock his wife around because he’ll be better able to cope with life.

Edited to add: We don’t emphasize mental health nearly enough in this country. I started some counseling therapy around this time last year and it’s helped me in so many ways.

Get the depressed, alcoholic man some help and maybe he doesn’t go home and knock his wife around because he’ll be better able to cope with life.
This is where it gets problematic. What if the husband doesn’t know he needs help or knows and doesn’t seek help?

We’ve had resources to help for this situation for centuries but are still stuck because people don’t know they need help or they don’t seek help.

This is where it gets problematic. What if the husband doesn’t know he needs help or knows and doesn’t seek help?

We’ve had resources to help for this situation for centuries but are still stuck because people don’t know they need help or they don’t seek help.
Certainly some of putting more resources towards these services is creating more awareness around them. You’re not going to reach everyone and you’re certainly not going to reach everyone right away. Heck, with your scenario, you say social services aren’t needed because he’s going to jail. I’d argue that’s the perfect time to engage social services. Get the wife some support and assistance and the husband is probably only going to be in jail overnight or for a short stint and getting him help coming out might help greatly to prevent repeat events or escalation.

We need cops, I’m certainly not for police elimination…..but dealing with so much of this with officers is one of the least effective and least efficient ways to deal with many of these problems and that’s supposed to be the point of these new initiatives.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Certainly some of putting more resources towards these services is creating more awareness around them. You’re not going to reach everyone and you’re certainly not going to reach everyone right away. Heck, with your scenario, you say social services aren’t needed because he’s going to jail. I’d argue that’s the perfect time to engage social services. Get the wife some support and assistance and the husband is probably only going to be in jail overnight or for a short stint and getting him help coming out might help greatly to prevent repeat events or escalation.

We need cops, I’m certainly not for police elimination…..but dealing with so much of this with officers is one of the least effective and least efficient ways to deal with many of these problems and that’s supposed to be the point of these new initiatives.
Nailed it! One of my old rugby teammates is a police officer in a mid-size Midwestern city. He spearheaded the first social worker officer tandem in the city’s history, for precisely the reasons of effectiveness and efficiency you spoke of. So yes, many of the calls for this are coming directly from officers.

Reactions: hawkifann
Nailed it! One of my old rugby teammates is a police officer in a mid-size Midwestern city. He spearheaded the first social worker officer tandem in the city’s history, for precisely the reasons of effectiveness and efficiency you spoke of. So yes, many of the calls for this are coming directly from officers.
It really makes a ton of sense. Police officers have a tough job and they’ve traditionally been forced into trying to fill roles they’re not trained for. They’re not therapists, social workers, abuse counselors, etc., but they’ve been thrust into those roles at the moment when the issues are the most acute. Let’s get them some help and let them focus on the stuff they’re really good at.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
all of the people talking about arrests...

you realize the articles in the original post are showing that SHOOTINGS, SHOOTING VICTIMS, and HOMICIDES have all decreased, right?

nothing to do with arrests

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT