ADVERTISEMENT

Minneapolis and Chicago cut police but added detectives and mental health responders. MAGAts told us it was stupid and joked about social workers…

Certainly some of putting more resources towards these services is creating more awareness around them. You’re not going to reach everyone and you’re certainly not going to reach everyone right away. Heck, with your scenario, you say social services aren’t needed because he’s going to jail. I’d argue that’s the perfect time to engage social services. Get the wife some support and assistance and the husband is probably only going to be in jail overnight or for a short stint and getting him help coming out might help greatly to prevent repeat events or escalation.

We need cops, I’m certainly not for police elimination…..but dealing with so much of this with officers is one of the least effective and least efficient ways to deal with many of these problems and that’s supposed to be the point of these new initiatives.
I understand what you’re saying. I guess I would rather shift the emphasis when/where the social workers perform.

We have really gotten away from rehabilitation. I’d say don’t put social workers in with law enforcement but shift more out of prison system for lower level offenses. A lot of crime has mental illness roots. Of course, would have to solve the for-profit prison system but that’s another thread.

Reactions: hawkifann
I understand what you’re saying. I guess I would rather shift the emphasis when/where the social workers perform.

We have really gotten away from rehabilitation. I’d say don’t put social workers in with law enforcement but shift more out of prison system for lower level offenses. A lot of crime has mental illness roots. Of course, would have to solve the for-profit prison system but that’s another thread.
All of this is so broken I'll support almost any reasonable effort to start working on a fix. Throwing more police at it isn't the way.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
We know, you don’t get out much. I don’t even lock my car or house doors. I’m also not a fear mongering snowflake like your hillbilly self.
Are you saying US citizens are moving to Cali? How many pieces of ILLEGAL scum did you help steal from the taxpayers today?

Are you saying US citizens are moving to Cali? How many pieces of ILLEGAL scum did you help steal from the taxpayers today?
There goes that narrative. Oh, and we have the world’s fifth largest economy. Anything else you got for me hillbilly.

• Haha
There goes that narrative. Oh, and we have the world’s fifth largest economy. Anything else you got for me hillbilly.
Yes, with ****ing ILLEGALS! LMFAO! US citizens are leaving in droves leaving behind turds like you and your mob of thieves and rapists! >

• Haha
Reactions: HawkNester
Yes, with ****ing ILLEGALS! LMFAO! US citizens are leaving in droves leaving behind turds like you and your mob of thieves and rapists! >

🤣 But this trend is now shifting, with a sharp increase in the number of higher-income adults moving to California (up 30% in 2022 versus 2021) and a slight decline in the number moving out. The net effect is a strong rebound from the pandemic years.

• Haha
🤣 But this trend is now shifting, with a sharp increase in the number of higher-income adults moving to California (up 30% in 2022 versus 2021) and a slight decline in the number moving out. The net effect is a strong rebound from the pandemic years.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......give it up you walking clusterphuck! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: HawkNester
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT