ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota has a great chance to win the west.

I am not on Twitter so I cannot argue, but Wisconsin controls their own destiny.

Wisconsin (3-3, 1-2) Remaining Schedule:
at Purdue
vs Iowa
at Rutgers
vs Northwestern
vs Little Debbie
at Minnesota

So, if they won their last 6, that would put them at 9-3, 7-2.

That would give the 3 teams ahead of them a 2nd loss and it would give Wisky the head to head vs Iowa, Minny & Purdue, but could there be a 3 way tie breaking scenario, where Wisky steal needs help in the end?

Doesn't matter who wins the West, they will get destroyed in Indy. We are not done losing. Just got dominated by a bad Purdue team at home on homecoming. Only sure wins are Illinois, and NW, however as bad as our offense is, if the opponent doesn't turn the ball over it will be very hard for us to score against anyone with the shit show we have at qb and our offense as a whole.

All teams left on their schedule they can beat without a miracle.

They're only league loss was to OSU. No Penn State, Michigan, or Michigan State.

It wouldn't be a monumental effort to beat Iowa and Wisconsin.

They beat Purdue and were respectable in losing to the Buckeyes.

They already laid their egg against Bowling Green.
Don't know why people are obsessed with this mediocre team? Minnesota's schedule is not easy for Minnesota.

Doesn't matter who wins the West, they will get destroyed in Indy. We are not done losing. Just got dominated by a bad Purdue team at home on homecoming. Only sure wins are Illinois, and NW, however as bad as our offense is, if the opponent doesn't turn the ball over it will be very hard for us to score against anyone with the shit show we have at qb and our offense as a whole.
None of the teams in the West have the offense that can keep up with the Buckeyes.

Dumb question. Everyone keeps calling Purdue a bad team. I'm not saying they are great, but they are 4-2, a few overthrown passes from 5-1 and maybe even 6-0. They have a top 10 scoring defense. And have generally been the better team in games, with the exception being ND. They aren't sneaking wins. So why are they considered bad?

Dumb question. Everyone keeps calling Purdue a bad team. I'm not saying they are great, but they are 4-2, a few overthrown passes from 5-1 and maybe even 6-0. They have a top 10 scoring defense. And have generally been the better team in games, with the exception being ND. They aren't sneaking wins. So why are they considered bad?
Agree. They are not a bad team. I think just because it's been a long time since they've been relevant, or even ranked, that people think that. The D End was the best defensive player I've seen this year. Absolutely dominated wherever he played.

Reactions: BoilerN
What scares me about Minnesota is they can control the Line both DL and OL. They are really big.
I wouldn't worry to much. Purdue controlled them in the trenches. They had one run over 15 yards I think? And it required them to rip the jersey off the Purdue LB. Iowa should beat them.

Reactions: BBHawk
Agree completely. Purdue is not a bad team at all, based on what I saw on Saturday. Granted, it's clear that Iowa wasn't the 2nd-best team in the nation, but we're a legit top 20 team, and Purdue completely took us apart. Yes, Iowa stunk up the field and played their worst game this season by a mile, but Purdue obviously had a lot to do with that.

I'll also add that it's refreshing to talk football with Purdue fans. We all have our knuckleheads, of course, but I don't think I've seen a reasonable post from a PSU fan over the last couple of weeks, and I've seen nothing but courteous, rational posts from Purdue fans. It's good to know that fan bases can still interact cordially and respectfully. That PSU group has a special level of dysfunction.

So I see we are favored in our last 5 games. So even though we technically don't control our own fate, the oddsmakers think we will win them all. 2.5 against Wiscy, 8.5 against NW, 11.5 against Minny, 16 against the Illini and 5.5 at Nebraska.

Agree completely. Purdue is not a bad team at all, based on what I saw on Saturday. Granted, it's clear that Iowa wasn't the 2nd-best team in the nation, but we're a legit top 20 team, and Purdue completely took us apart. Yes, Iowa stunk up the field and played their worst game this season by a mile, but Purdue obviously had a lot to do with that.
If that offense (the one that makes the easy throws) shows up vs minny and ND, we are honestly talking about 6-0 Purdue.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
All teams left on their schedule they can beat without a miracle. They're only league loss was to OSU. No Penn State, Michigan, or Michigan State. It wouldn't be a monumental effort to beat Iowa and Wisconsin. They beat Purdue and were respectable in losing to the Buckeyes.
They laid their first egg against Bowling Green. They still have more to lay...
FIFY

If that offense (the one that makes the easy throws) shows up vs minny and ND, we are honestly talking about 6-0 Purdue.
On another note, Jack Plummer's aunt and uncle are some of our best friends. Was happy to see Jack have a great game for his sake and for theirs. Great kid, from a super family!

So I see we are favored in our last 5 games. So even though we technically don't control our own fate, the oddsmakers think we will win them all. 2.5 against Wiscy, 8.5 against NW, 11.5 against Minny, 16 against the Illini and 5.5 at Nebraska.
ESPN power index gives Nebraska a 51% chance of beating Iowa.

On another note, Jack Plummer's aunt and uncle are some of our best friends. Was happy to see Jack have a great game for his sake and for theirs. Great kid, from a super family!
That's great to hear! I'm a fan of Jack. Hoping he sticks around next year for a breakout year.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
That's great to hear! I'm a fan of Jack. Hoping he sticks around next year for a breakout year.
I hope so, too. Not sure if you Boiler fans knew, but his dad grew up in the Des Moines area and currently lives in Dubuque, Iowa. He has an aunt, uncle, grandparents, and cousins in Des Moines. Has a cousin who goes to Iowa, in fact. Lots of Iowa connections despite having grown up out in Arizona.

I hope so, too. Not sure if you Boiler fans knew, but his dad grew up in the Des Moines area and currently lives in Dubuque, Iowa. He has an aunt, uncle, grandparents, and cousins in Des Moines. Has a cousin who goes to Iowa, in fact. Lots of Iowa connections despite having grown up out in Arizona.
I'm not sure many do actually. I think we just all assume they are in Zona, especially with his brother down there. They like purdue?

Our most hated rival,

Have I told you lately that

200.gif

;) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);) ;);)

Reactions: BoilerN
I agree with you about Purdue being a good team. Too many butthurt “fans” here that don’t seem to really understand football. Purdue will compete with most teams because of their D, alway know Brohm will have a good O game plan and will move the ball.

Will disagree about 6-0 - Purdue wasn’t winning the ND game unless Kyle Hamilton didn’t play. Irish showed some different coverages and Hamilton is by far the best safety in college football and will be one of the best on Sundays next year. Irish also game planned for # 5 with a not so good OL with inexperienced OTs (hmm). Didn’t shut him down but somewhat neutralized him.

Good luck the rest of the year as I’d rather see Purdue in Indy if the Hawks don’t make it. Badger game is big for both teams. Oh and Wisky is a solid team also but you will hear they suck from most here. Really good D with a bad QB but they will be in every game and can beat both Iowa and Purdue.

Reactions: NI hawk
If Iowa finds a way to lose the west again they need to be "performanced managemented" into a new staff.

KOK is a dinosaur who hangs his hat on "NFL experience".

Anyone have any positives about the new Oline coach?

Brian..... enough said. Winning 1 game against OSU 4 years ago and a holiday bowl with a senior loaded team gets washed away by basement stats game after game.

I don't get the argument as to "control your own destiny". Unless you are somehow arguing a different definition of the term(which would be nonsensical) minny is the answer. They win all the rest of their games and they go to indy.
BUT there is the definition, and there is what is realistically plausible to occur. It is not realistically plausible that minny wins out. Definitely not plausible.

I'm not sure many do actually. I think we just all assume they are in Zona, especially with his brother down there. They like purdue?
His family in Iowa are all Iowa fans -- but they sure as heck were Boiler fans on Saturday!

They're only league loss was to OSU. No Penn State, Michigan, or Michigan State.

Yep, after Iowa they have the next best chance.

Reactions: LIV4GOD
Purdue is not going to win out. Iowa likely will not win out. Minnesota won't win out. Wisconsin likely will not win out. The West teams are really not very good.

IF. Just like IF Clifford hadn't been knocked out. You've been a good sport with your win. Don't go become some kind of PSU fan....

IF. Just like IF Clifford hadn't been knocked out. You've been a good sport with your win. Don't go become some kind of PSU fan....
Oh. That wasn't a brag or a flex. Purdue has their issues. I was just figuring the rationale behind calling them bad. Idk if Purdue isn't good, but they aren't bad imo.

so you're a crybaby because we lose to purdue, then decide the team that lost to bowling green has a good shot at the west?

lol

No, Iowa does NOT control its destiny.

Again, Hassel is right. Only Minnesota controls its own destiny. Iowa & Purdue need help.

People like you tried to argue with him & his response was correct each time.

what a foking moron!! LMFAO

so bowling green> purdue ay? LMFAO again

damn that dude is about as dumb as you can get....

so you're a crybaby because we lose to purdue, then decide the team that lost to bowling green has a good shot at the west?

lol
This thread isn't about us. Sounds like you're the one being a crybaby about this thread.

They do have a good shot at winning the west. So do we.

at iowa at ind and vs wiscy still

pump the brakes bub
They can beat Wisconsin at home.

I think that will be easier than beating Iowa at Kinnick, but they did beat Purdue that curb stomped us.

But I hear you. I should have said they have a good chance, instead of a great chance.

They can beat Wisconsin at home.

I think that will be easier than beating Iowa at Kinnick, but they did beat Purdue that curb stomped us.

But I hear you. I should have said they have a good chance, instead of a great chance.
and nw beat stanford before we curbstomped NW in 2015

means absolutely nothing

Minnesota is Iowa’s bitch, especially at Kinnick, it’s been like two decades since Iowa has lost to Minnesota at home. They are by far the team I’m least worried about.

Wisconsin still remains the biggest threat until Iowa beats them, lose that game and the west is gone. Purdue will lose at least two more games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT