ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Meet Thread

I wrestled, we never had illness all year in our room every year. This illness excuse gets old. Penn State wrestlers sick every week? Injured?
Obviously injuries happen but we seem to have more than many top tier teams. Bad luck every year?
I actually believe the illness thing is more message board chatter trying to come up with reasons why our wrestlers aren't performing at the level "we" expect.
You wrestled 40 years ago.

He's definitely struggling this year with his body and his confidence. But to say a 3xAAA D1 wrestler sucks shows me how little you know about this sport and how big of an a$$hole you are.

LOL. I've forgotten more than you know. Name caller.

What I think is completely bizarre as many have posted, is our lack of quality depth. Just crazy we have so little depth. I don't remember it this bad several years ago.
I’m often surprised by the lack of depth in PSU’s lineup, although I think it has improved. It seems to me that Iowa has recruited more very high-end talent lately; is the depth issue possibly related to giving larger, but fewer scholarships? (As opposed to a ton of partials?)

I think it’s smart to throw true fresh out without burning redshirts..we were in control of the dual.
I don't have a problem with true freshman wrestling, but why are they all bumping up weight classes? That's pretty ridiculous in my opinion. They're already outmatched, why give them a massive weight disadvantage as well?

He's definitely struggling this year with his body and his confidence. But to say a 3xAAA D1 wrestler sucks shows me how little you know about this sport and how big of an a$$hole you are.

He's a really, really good wrestler who lacks grit and mental toughness. His talent and ability is better than most, but for whatever reason he wrestles lazy (especially in the match against Foy).

To his credit, he seems to find that grit and toughness come NCAAs. Gotta acknowledge and give him credit for that. I hope he's got one more run left in him. I like Warner and have enjoyed watching him compete as a Hawk, but I'll never understand a 5th year senior quit wrestling with 3 seconds left in a match and giving up the losing takedown because of it.

I’m often surprised by the lack of depth in PSU’s lineup, although I think it has improved. It seems to me that Iowa has recruited more very high-end talent lately; is the depth issue possibly related to giving larger, but fewer scholarships? (As opposed to a ton of partials?)

Just poor recruiting in general.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT