ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi Health Care Faces ‘Looming Disaster,’ Medical Group Warns Lawmakers

The issue of states not accepting federal money to facilitate Medicaid expansion is not talked about nearly enough. It appears it is a huge factor in their system failing in MS. It is cruel and the opposite of being a “good Christian” by these Republican led states, and obviously has a big economic impact. At least Branstad had enough smarts to expand Medicaid here. I certainly do not believe Covid Kim would have done the same.

Reactions: lucas80
It's incredible to see. So backwards.
I get why Tate Reeves doesn’t care about the blacks who could be helped, but it’s interesting that he isn’t trying to help his poor whites.
God’s will, I guess.

But their taxes are low! Mississippians keeping their hard earned money. You get what you pay for.

Individual income tax burden ranks 16th highest in the country. Certainly not low.

Of course one of the dozen lowest of states that have business income taxes.

Of course with a low corporate tax rate that extra income companies earn goes directly to workers, right? Nope. Lowest median income I the county.

And surely they take care of kids. Nope. Low ranked education system.

What we have is a Republican utopia. Low taxes on business with the tax load being borne primarily by the working class. Keep them uneducated and afraid so they continue to vote Republican.

Individual income tax burden ranks 16th highest in the country. Certainly not low.

Of course one of the dozen lowest of states that have business income taxes.

Of course with a low corporate tax rate that extra income companies earn goes directly to workers, right? Nope. Lowest median income I the county.

And surely they take care of kids. Nope. Low ranked education system.

What we have is a Republican utopia. Low taxes on business with the tax load being borne primarily by the working class. Keep them uneducated and afraid so they continue to vote Republican.
Seems like Florida, a very regressive tax system.

Kimmie's blueprint for rural Iowa.
Less people means less hospitals. It isn’t some form of rocket science.

Maybe we could bus patients from Des Moines metro to small rural Iowa towns.

Everything isn’t some right wing conspiracy.

2+1= 3. Let me start you out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT