ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri cannabis sales projected to top $1.3 Billion in 2023…

HROT

HR Heisman
Nov 5, 2006
Straight cash homie

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - MoCannTrade, the cannabis trade association in Missouri, estimates 2023 total cannabis sales in Missouri will surpass $1.3 billion, despite having only medical cannabis sales in the first month of 2023.

Recreational marijuana did not become legal until Feb. 3, 2023, and since then, the state has averaged nearly $4 million in cannabis sales per day.

”It is a very robust industry,” said Dan Viets, the Executive Director and Attorney for Missouri NORML who helped author the Constitutional Amendment that legalized marijuana.

Over the first 11 months of 2023, Missouri dispensaries have sold $1,215,100,000 of legal marijuana in the state of Missouri, including $930 million of adult use sales and $285 million of medical marijuana sales.

It’s everywhere here. There’s a good size weed shop in St. Louis City right next door to Police HQ.

Never thought you would see that.

It’s everywhere here. There’s a good size weed shop in St. Louis City right next door to Police HQ.

Never thought you would see that.

Especially with the swath of Bible Belt.

The credit card processors might be the lobby that ends up getting federal legalization

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
The credit card processors might be the lobby that ends up getting federal legalization
I went to a dispensary in Chicago and tried using my credit card but was told cash only. I figured cards were allowed since my dispensaries accept credit cards.

Kim is so wrong on this. Think of all the school vouchers she could fund if she allowed weed to be legalized in Iowa. Circle of life as those douchers from Dowling and Xavier pay for their own schooling.

How much of the sales is tax revenue?

It really should be legal everywhere. I want some edibles but a half day trip to Missouri boot sounds not worth it.

Reactions: mattymoknows
There's a weed store near my house that looks like a bank.

I'm still shocked weed is legal.

That's what I thought too but every place I've been in MO takes cards. I still use cash because until it's federally legal I'm not putting anything on a card. Overly paranoid I'm sure, but w/e.

Are you sure it's not cash or debit? I've seen places start to except debit (enter your pin) but nothing credit wise

What dispensary accepts credit cards? I’ve never seen that in any state.
I wonder if because most credit card companies are based in another state if there is some federal regulations that prevent using them to buy weed since it would qualify as interstate commerce or something.

Reactions: dgordo
I wonder if because most credit card companies are based in another state if there is some federal regulations that prevent using them to buy weed since it would qualify as interstate commerce or something.

Yep. Banks are afraid of controlled substances act and money laundering prosecutions.

Reactions: dgordo
I went to Eagleville MO and the wait was over two hours. Ended up driving to a dispensary in Cameron and got right in. After visiting MO, there is no need to go to Illinois and there out of state limits. It is cheaper in MO and you can get 10x more.

Illinois prices are still too high but have finally started to come down. I saw half ounces for $100 last week, big improvement.

I went to Eagleville MO and the wait was over two hours. Ended up driving to a dispensary in Cameron and got right in. After visiting MO, there is no need to go to Illinois and there out of state limits. It is cheaper in MO and you can get 10x more.
Capitalism babay!

Reactions: lucas80
Which dispensary in Illinois is better than others within eastern Iowa driving range do you guys suggest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT