ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Draft

funnyfletcher

HR Heisman
Apr 29, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
www.funnyfletcher.com
Joel Booker was just selected 22nd round by the White Sox.

Others of note:
A.J. Puk 1st round 6th pick to Oakland
Zack Burdi 1st round to the White Sox
Dom Thompson-Williams 5th round NY Yankees
Spencer Van Scoyoc from Cedar Rapids I think 19th round to Toronto
Michael Letkewicz 23rd rd Cleveland
Ben Miller 32nd round to Pittsburgh
J.D. Nielsen 34th round to LA Angels

Last edited:
I thought for sure we'd see McCoy called. Although, I read an article that he made it pretty clear he had a number he wanted and if teams weren't going to give him that then it basically made it sound like don't bother.

Ziegler's twitter bio says San Francisco Giants organization, which leads me to believe that he is signing with them.
That's kind of a bummer, but good for the kid. It'll be interesting to see who takes over CF for the Hawks next year.

Ziegler's twitter bio says San Francisco Giants organization, which leads me to believe that he is signing with them.

Until it's official, I will hope he comes to Iowa. I've noticed this a lot in the past from HS and JuCo guys that they put whichever organization drafts them. Then they end up going to school.

Yeah, it's always got to be a tough choice. It would be hard to turn down all of that money as a broke hs/college kid. I went to high school with a kid who was drafted 9th round by the Tigers and decided to go to college for football and baseball. Ended up dropping football to focus on baseball, got injured and never got drafted after that. Don't think he ended up playing anywhere, but he got a free education. I always wonder if he regretted his decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT